Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

oohhboy posted:

0.000 is a terrible batting average.

Shooting politicians is just going to increase as people get increasingly cornered both economically and mentally especially if there is such a direct link between them and your potential painful death/bankruptcy. It is a sign of the increasing failure of the social contract.

Putting the fear of god into Republicans is a good thing. This greatly shortens their actions to consequence path so it's no longer push button for a million dollars but random person dies.

Pretty much this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Is it that hard to create a facebook page and load it up with bullshit like that? Not crying "false flag" just wondering how hard it would be for idiots after the fact to whip one up to confirm the mob

Old people are bad with computers and have to make new accounts because they can't figure out password recovery.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Our cold Civil War got a little hotter today. It was inevitable.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

All I'm saying is that if we suddenly have a Very Serious National Conversation about "left-wing terrorism" for a few weeks when right-wing terrorism has just gotten a pass for years, and Trump's approval ratings surge for a while after he condemns the "radical Democrat" who did this, none of you have any right to be surprised.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Are we living on the same planet? Have I just imagined all those years of GOP hysterics based on way less damning stuff than this?

We hear about fictional assassinations for years. I think they are going to remember this one for a little longer (even though the guy didn't die.)

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Prester Jane posted:

Well more of that same variety of irrationality is coming to us soon, but this time it won't be militias targeting the Feds, it'll be militias targeting minorities.

You have an amazing ability to predict things that have already happened.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He's a little too perfect for this, isn't he? :tinfoil:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

No Butt Stuff posted:

No, this guy

It would be hard to have stuff backdated like that, I'd imagine.

I don't have an account, just looking at multiple sites all loaded with what seems like a freeper's caricature of "LOONY LIBRUL"

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
think I'm gonna take a break from this thread today because there's a lot of crazy being posted

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Prester Jane posted:

Uhhh guys, this shooting is kind of a really big goddamn deal right now. You can't compare it to past shootings because of the context in which this shooting is occurring. Right Wing Narrativists have been openly declaring their expectation for violence for some time now, and this incident feeds into their persecution complex perfectly.

Also Trump is going to loving pour Kerosene on this bonfire because that is what a Narcissist does in this situation 100% of the time. He has a perfect opportunity now to deflect attention onto his opponents while casting them as dangerous, violent, and unhinged. Trump is going to whip his base into a frenzy with this and it will result in minorities being targeted for violence by right-wing vigilante groups.

You guys talking about how "this is no big deal because of past incidents" are ignoring how irrational these people are and how deeply invested they are in living in their story. This event gives them the chance to flee the horrifying reality where Trump is a failure and leap into the fantasy where they are a persecuted minority fighting a noble Holy War against a vile and detestable Enemy. Remember The Bundy Ranch and Malheur? Well more of that same variety of irrationality is coming to us soon, but this time it won't be militias targeting the Feds, it'll be militias targeting minorities.

None of the predictions you're making in this post are actually new events. The violent crazy people were already being violent and crazy. You just weren't paying attention, like everyone else. Right-wing domestic terrorism is already the most common form of terrorism in the United States. It is not new.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

No, this guy

It would be hard to have stuff backdated like that, I'd imagine.

I mean, you could always just change the name and primary photo to suit.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Turns out he was the same guy who asked if they were Republicans too I guess, not that there was any remaining question about his motive.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/875009051767304193

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

https://twitter.com/MattLaslo/status/875008003954679808

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xombie posted:

You've imagined the world in which the general public has a long-term memory about domestic terrorism with low or no fatalities, yes.

How many people did Hillary's emails kill again?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Demon Of The Fall posted:

think I'm gonna take a break from this thread today because there's a lot of crazy being posted

Yeah this place is going to be an Empire of Sadbrains for a while.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Friends, it's time to come together as a nation and exterminate the enemy within

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I love how there's not a single comment on any of his posts until today, and it's floods of RW dipshits.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Turns out he was the same guy who asked if they were Republicans too I guess, not that there was any remaining question about his motive.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/875009051767304193

Not that it matters at all at this point, but let's not take Republican politicians at their word on this one.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Someone check on Boehner.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Harrow posted:

All I'm saying is that if we suddenly have a Very Serious National Conversation about "left-wing terrorism" for a few weeks when right-wing terrorism has just gotten a pass for years, and Trump's approval ratings surge for a while after he condemns the "radical Democrat" who did this, none of you have any right to be surprised.

If you walked up to people and asked them about the political motivation for domestic terrorist attacks that happened only a year ago, you would likely only be able to find half of them that could name the political motivation.

No one even died here. There's not even going to be a memorial to harp on. Everyone shot will be out of the hospital in days.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Not that it matters at all at this point, but let's not take Republican politicians at their word on this one.

Wtf reason would there be to lie about that?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, this is a 60+ dude who clearly isn't thinking rationally in his day-to-day life. I don't think it's so hard to believe he'd have two Facebook pages to the point of suspecting some kind of conspiracy. I'm pretty sure my mom signed up for Facebook like three times before she finally landed on a password she can remember.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good poo poo.

They should be afraid and they need to learn about consequences.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Radish posted:

I think the only real lasting result is this will allow them the real excuse they need to close any town halls and stop meeting with anyone.

Then Gabby Giffords calls them cowards.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

Yeah, this is a 60+ dude who clearly isn't thinking rationally in his day-to-day life. I don't think it's so hard to believe he'd have two Facebook pages to the point of suspecting some kind of conspiracy. I'm pretty sure my mom signed up for Facebook like three times before she finally landed on a password she can remember.

There were plenty of goons in here earlier saying this is totally justified, so 'oh he's just a confused old guy' seems a bit disingenuous.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Man, I wish I could check out. It's times like these with so much violence and and bad vibes that I wish I could just mentally step out the door and exist in blissful ignorance about the state of the republic. But I care too much about what the future brings, both near and far. So I'll be riding this tornado all the way. And it's gonna suck butts.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I hope they find as much time for laughter when the pass AHCA.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They really don't like to see carnage up close.... Just to cause it from afar.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I don't have an account, just looking at multiple sites all loaded with what seems like a freeper's caricature of "LOONY LIBRUL"

Complete with being a Bernie dead-ender and "vote for Jill Stein!"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sinteres posted:

There were plenty of goons in here earlier saying this is totally justified, so 'oh he's just a confused old guy' seems a bit disingenuous.

Saying what is totally justified? The shooting?

I'm not saying he wasn't ideologically-motivated. He very clearly was. I'm just saying the people who are saying his Facebook page(s) are "convenient" or wondering why he has two are being a bit tinfoil hat.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can only think of the kegger they threw when they passed the AHCA.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

I mean, he definitely is a confused old guy. :shrug:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Xombie posted:

If you walked up to people and asked them about the political motivation for domestic terrorist attacks that happened only a year ago, you would likely only be able to find half of them that could name the political motivation.

No one even died here. There's not even going to be a memorial to harp on. Everyone shot will be out of the hospital in days.

Calling it now, Kellyanne Conway will be on CNN today bemoaning the victims of the Alexandria Massacre.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

loving dangerous libtards!

*takes over a federal building in Oregon armed to the teeth*

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Unoriginal Name posted:

He's an unemployed Berniecrat? Good. Maybe if the Senate hears there are thousands more out there, armed to the teeth through lax gun control laws, the AHCA won't pass.

Bollocks. Note how Islamic terrorism has made people considerably *less* sympathetic to the problems in the Middle East?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Saying what is totally justified? The shooting?

I'm not saying he wasn't ideologically-motivated. He almost certainly was. I'm just saying the people who are saying his Facebook page(s) are "convenient" or wondering why he has two are being a bit tinfoil hat.

lol, I literally used a the tinfoil hat in my post, dude.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fart City posted:

Man, I wish I could check out. It's times like these with so much violence and and bad vibes that I wish I could just mentally step out the door and exist in blissful ignorance about the state of the republic. But I care too much about what the future brings, both near and far. So I'll be riding this tornado all the way. And it's gonna suck butts.

Beautiful words, Fart City.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Wtf reason would there be to lie about that?

This is not a hill I particularly want to die on, but given the partisan advantage of being politically targeted, skepticism about a politician's claims is worthwhile. That said, the evidence is obviously looking pretty conclusive that it was left-wing politically motivated, so it's a moot point.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sinteres posted:

Yeah, this fecklessness is sickening. To paraphrase Sam Jackson "Yes they deserved to get shot and I hope they burn in hell!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LaserShark posted:

Calling it now, Kellyanne Conway will be on CNN today bemoaning the victims of the Alexandria Massacre.

Perfect time to bring up Alexander Bisonnette, imo

• Locked thread