Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Weird how when it's a single white male shooter for the other side it's political but when it's a single white male shooter from your side it's mental illness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Weird how when it's a single white male shooter for the other side it's political but when it's a single white male shooter from your side it's mental illness.

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ban men. I'm only half-kidding.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Not sure what to make of that but notice that the abortion shooter and Giffords shooter were both explained as mentally ill by the GOP while you know they will try to claim this one was wholly political.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
White people are terrible.

I'm white

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I hold Kathy Griffin personally responsible.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I hold Kathy Griffin personally responsible.

For most things really

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I never would have had you in the who will make the secret service visit lowtax again pool.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

kiimo posted:

Watching the Silver Hawks opening and I'm looking at this dude's bare arm in space and I'm like uh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9u1fFMRU9g

I had a Monstar toy as a kid but none of the Silverhawks themselves for some reason

Quiet Feet posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't just imagine that? :stare:

I had the stupid car Voltron toy, it was made of rubber for some reason. My kids broke the head off of my lion voltron, saved it all these years for nothin' :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

kiimo posted:

And if you start off taking less they'll always pay you less. Cheap companies don't ever get around to paying you what you're worth.

When I got laid off during the recession I had to take what I could get and ended up vastly underpaid for a little over a year before I found something better and moved on. They lost 50% of their software developers in a six month period

Software is the company's only product

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I view literally every event that happens as an indictment on an entire race/political group/gender/etc.

It's just the way I was raised ok.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's about to be alot of really bad and hilarious handwaving away articles written by left leaning sites.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There's about to be alot of really bad and hilarious handwaving away articles written by left leaning sites.

I am more excited for the ones that hard take and are like "you deserve this"

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Like cool dude, no one cares, way to go to jail for the rest of your life..what an idiot, already over it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How bad of a baseball game must this congressional charity thing be anyway? drat near all high school/college kids who are at the height of their athletic prowess suck balls at baseball.

This shooting clearly wasn't political, it was about sports.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So from what I understand one of Scalise's aids made a sacrifice play off of an error by Hodginson

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm in the Golds, squatting, doing my part to prepare for the race wars

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Shooter appears to have been... a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This will have as big a political impact as Gabby Giffords shooting

none

i'm laughing my rear end off over those who think people will remember this in 17 months

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
To be fair this is the first mass shooting in a while with no deaths, which does make it stand out from all the other ones.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Dude seems like a real winner

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/875018923007238146

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

swickles posted:

To be fair this is the first mass shooting in a while with no deaths, which does make it stand out from all the other ones.

Like all Bernie Bros, he was ultimately proven fickle and ineffective

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
He also looks like Mike Ditka's retarded younger brother

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I mean, I guess the handgun is today's version of the guillotine?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I mean, I guess the handgun is today's version of the guillotine?

Off topic, but any headway on bring the salary up on your job offer? If you aren't completely strapped for cash, I would hold off for a better opportunity...I think. Hard to go on interviews when you are the new guy and can't take off work.

Was just thinking about your situation, hopefully it is over soon with a good company that pays what you are worth!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I thought they stopped making glasses like that after the 80s

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

weird Asian candy posted:

Off topic, but any headway on bring the salary up on your job offer? If you aren't completely strapped for cash, I would hold off for a better opportunity...I think. Hard to go on interviews when you are the new guy and can't take off work.

Was just thinking about your situation, hopefully it is over soon with a good company that pays what you are worth!

Still working on it, but it's likely looking like a no, at least not to a level I'd feel comfortable with. I have 2 interviews coming up with different companies, so I'm hoping one or both work out. One would probably pay higher than what I asked for, so that's a good possibility too.

It's kind of a shame, because the company sounded like fun to work for. They're only 10 years old, and apparently their sales double each year, so there's a ton of growth and work to do in getting it set up to be a working production line. It'd be a great item on the resume, but I can't do for that price.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Still working on it, but it's likely looking like a no, at least not to a level I'd feel comfortable with. I have 2 interviews coming up with different companies, so I'm hoping one or both work out. One would probably pay higher than what I asked for, so that's a good possibility too.

It's kind of a shame, because the company sounded like fun to work for. They're only 10 years old, and apparently their sales double each year, so there's a ton of growth and work to do in getting it set up to be a working production line. It'd be a great item on the resume, but I can't do for that price.

Yeah, it's hard because without a job you can't be too picky, but it sounds like you have some potentially better opportunities so good for you. In my experience, companies that start low don't do that just to see what you have and then bump up your pay, they usually start low and remain low which is extremely frustrating. My last company was like that, they lowballed the poo poo out of me but since i was moving out of state and wanted to stay with my family, I ended up taking a job making $30K less than what I was in Illinois. They ended up paying me less than what I was making as a contractor when I converted, when I asked to be paid more I got a "Well we can give you 2K more but that's it" reply which forced my hand into looking for a new job. Fast forward a month, and I had an offer that was much more than what I was making even as a contractor, for a cooler company, better benefits, etc.

So I think you are doing the right thing. Hope one of the 2 new opportunities hits for ya my man.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

He also looks like Mike Ditka's retarded younger brother

More retarded than Mike?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

More retarded than Mike?

ikr

See also, Meathead Bears fans

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Small miracle, to be sure

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know what you call the injury where your fingers get pulled too far apart and something tears or strains or whatever, but it took me like 3 months to recover from it the last time it happened playing pickup ball. A couple weeks ago I finally started to feel normal with no pain in my hand. Last night it happened again

ugghhhhh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

I don't know what you call the injury where your fingers get pulled too far apart and something tears or strains or whatever, but it took me like 3 months to recover from it the last time it happened playing pickup ball. A couple weeks ago I finally started to feel normal with no pain in my hand. Last night it happened again

ugghhhhh

That is nature telling your old rear end to hang 'em up

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
That used to happen to me, but with sprained ankles

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

It's happening to me with my lower back and it's getting really loving aggravating.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Small miracle, to be sure

And a miracle no more, the shooter just died.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's not like my hand is just spontaneously getting hurt, it's just bad luck with reaching for steals and only getting one finger on the ball but enough of that finger that it gets pulled

The sign that I should hang em up is more the whole walking around like Frankenstein's monster an hour after we're doing playing because I'm so stiff

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Ohh that happens with my right thumb. It easily gets bent backwards too far now and it's really annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the mean lunch lady posted:

Ohh that happens with my right thumb. It easily gets bent backwards too far now and it's really annoying

Thumb injuries are the worst. I'm a pretty aggressive defender which means when I try to deflect passes a lot of times I catch it right in the thumb and jam it pretty badly

e: I actually used to jam fingers all the time as a kid, my right middle finger is slightly Torry Holted

• Locked thread