Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kilonum posted:

I like this poster

Which you can buy here before anyone asks. I want to buy it and get it properly framed because it kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
e: I'm blind

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
BTCC qualifying https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mlq286UIII

Jesus loving christ

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

loving hell

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Christ.

In "my incompetence" news: 3:48.838

I feel like I have more in it yet, but I can't string all the corners together into one lap.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
I guess this is kind of Misc Auto Racing:
http://insideevs.com/richard-hammond-in-serious-crash-in-a-rimac-concept-one/

Richard Hammond bins it again

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

dentist toy box posted:

Grid autosport was fun too even if I'm like the only person who played it.

Project CARS' near identical career mode rather replaced it for me, but I liked it while I played it.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

GRID was the best of Codemasters recent games, I love any racing game that encourages you to race like a dipshit and wreck people.

It really wasn't. DiRT Rally and F1 2016 are incredible, and DiRT 4 is really good.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
BTCC update - Aaron Taylor-Smith has a fractured leg and concussion but has been released from hospital. Luke Davenport is in an induced coma but stable with a lot of injuries. Jeff Smith also has a lot of injuries and is in a serious but stable condition.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
If anyone else had hit Davenports car he was dead for sure

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Did they say what caused the accidents aside from the rain? Looked way too slippery to be just water

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

julian assflange posted:

Did they say what caused the accidents aside from the rain? Looked way too slippery to be just water

I saw something on one of the reports that Davenport broke a sump over a curb or something, which would explain everything after that

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just saw this on Japanese TV, cool they're showcasing it ahead of the 24 next week.

https://youtu.be/7_6Y9HDgSVY

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

I reinstalled PC to try this out and was instantly reminded of how loving pretty it was and subsequently why I uninstalled it. The tire model makes you feel like you are driving on ice skates.

Still pretty fun though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I gave the F1, Indy, and NASCAR threads a competition, and now, so does misc! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823455

Enjoy :)

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The ByKolles LOLmobile is only 5 seconds off the best hybrids in practice. Which means they're going to have to find some other way to be the comedy option during the race, that's basically the same speed the Rebellion car had last year.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

30min left in Practice 1 for Le Mans. I can't really find a direct link, but if you scroll to the middle of this jumbled rear end page and click the expand button, you can get the live timing:

http://www.lemans.org/en/24-hours-of-le-mans

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Christ.

I feel like I have more in it yet, but I can't string all the corners together into one lap.

I'm sure I could go a lot faster but this is literally the only "valid" lap I've gotten after hours of trying. This game can eat a bag of dicks for what it constitutes "track limits".

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
The time trial mode is really really strict about it. Even in quali sessions online the limits aren't that bad.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yay qualifying 1 has started.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, I just purchased the Le Mans WEC package and I'm confused because there doesn't seem to be any content for me to access? Are there any replays for the qualifying session that just ended? Guess taht might take a while to go up.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was looking at the spotters guide and saw that the #27 LMP2 has an all-Russian driver lineup. I cant wait to see who's race they gently caress up.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, I just purchased the Le Mans WEC package and I'm confused because there doesn't seem to be any content for me to access? Are there any replays for the qualifying session that just ended? Guess taht might take a while to go up.

Doesn't look like it's up yet.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Basticle posted:

I was looking at the spotters guide and saw that the #27 LMP2 has an all-Russian driver lineup. I cant wait to see who's race they gently caress up.

It's been that way for a while, but would be funny for the 27 to take out one of the American Ford GTs because Aleshin brings IndyCar beef to Le Mans.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
here's some streams that people did

http://multistream-player.com/player/pjueLnbyklp/lm_quali

quali commentary begins right around 7 hours on the commentary stream, they both show the session clock to synch it up

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
double postan

did a session on the 168h du Mans endless quali server on PC (same group runs the Touristenfahrten, VLN track day, and Vintage Green Hell servers, love that group of servers), and found some pretty good pace, though I think track conditions were a bit hotter than the ones they produce in qualifying, giving me better grip, and also the looser track limits enforcemnt, so might not call this one legit, but I'm pretty proud of this one so I'm gonna post it anyway. I pulled into the pits to adjust my setup here because my CrewChief app was yelling at me for getting close to demolishing my engine. Opened the radiator up to 20% instead of the 12% I had it at after that.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Qualy 2 has started, and the #8 Toyota died on the Mulsanne on the first lap :cripes:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Kilonum posted:

Qualy 2 has started, and the #8 Toyota died on the Mulsanne on the first lap :cripes:

Better now than the 2nd to last lap of the race? It's running on battery power back to the pit looks like.

E: Holy poo poo that lap time by the #38 LMP2. It was quicker than the Bykolles LMP1 by like, 1.5 seconds.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 15, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilonum posted:

What does it think it is, a honda? :downsrim:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

RED FLAG WHY gently caress gently caress gently caress

HOLY gently caress THAT LMP2 IS DESTROYED

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Definitely an LMP2. That looked really bad.

E: Guess not. Driver got out on his own, so that's good.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 15, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Akileese posted:

Definitely an LMP2. That looked really bad.

E: Guess not. Driver got out on his own, so that's good.

Yeah, modern race cars are design to disintegrate in a crash, except the safety tub. I'm guessing that's probably damaged though based on what I'm hearing.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

yeah, I would not be surprised if that tub is cracked.

EDIT: no track activity until 2015CEST (1815UTC)

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 15, 2017

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

iospace posted:

Yeah, modern race cars are design to disintegrate in a crash, except the safety tub. I'm guessing that's probably damaged though based on what I'm hearing.

The car looked pretty jacked up from what we saw but the driver appeared to be fine. The guardrail looked pretty badly damaged though which means we'll probably be under a red for a good while. Gives me a chance to get some work done!

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Saw someone on Twitter say the driver was Erik Maris, which would make it the #33 Eurasia Car.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In cool news: https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/news/panoz-electric-car-le-mans-918807/

Panoz is looking to get a Garage 56 entry with a purely electric car next year. That would be sweet.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Christ.

What game is this?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It looks like Project CARS

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

keevo posted:

What game is this?

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Who all here has Project Cars? Would there be interest in a friendly time trial around the 24h circuit before the race?

If so, what class would you want to do: GTE (as shoehorned in the GT3 class in Pcars), LMP2, LMP1, all 3?

I'm partial to P2's in that game, mostly because I suck at wrangling the P1's just yet.

Kilonum posted:

LMP2 sounds good

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Aight, lets hotlap LMP2's then. Do Time-trial mode, post your best time up, screenshot the lap time in the pause screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Watching the WEC stream and the commentary is just naming off these ex-F1 "mega drivers" like..... Bruno Senna.... Karun Chandhok.... Vitali Petrov. lol.

• Locked thread