Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Speaking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxfDnq9ORIs

probably someone here hasn't seen this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

The Archaic posted:

They looked better in Alien Resurrection than they did in Covenant.

Xenomorphs in Covenant were motion-capture.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Let's be honest, the CGI Alien in that one scene in alien 3 looked better than the miniature adult chestburster in Covenant.

Because Ridley Scott is a loving hack.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Let's be honest, the CGI Alien in that one scene in alien 3 looked better than the miniature adult chestburster in Covenant.

Because Ridley Scott is a loving hack.

It didn't look fake at all.

Don't even get me started on how fake the rubber xeno suits in Aliens looked at times.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[glaringly obvious bad cgi voice]

JAZZ HANDS!

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I can't give Jack a lot, but I'll give it to him that shaving every hair off his head was, massively, the right decision.

Though I might cut him some more slack if he kept it, and I'd just assume he's simple.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I want Jack to grow out his hair as much as possible. Never cut it again.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I want Jack to grow out his hair as much as possible. Never cut it again.

I'm picturing his face, when viewed from above, as a naked baby in a manger.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I find it funny that people are getting all uptight about rape jokes in a thread about RLM. These guys literally got famous with the gimmick of a serial killing rapist reviewing movies.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I find it funny that people are getting all uptight about rape jokes in a thread about RLM. These guys literally got famous with the gimmick of a serial killing rapist reviewing movies.

Yah but unlike the folks making rape jokes here they are actually funny and entertaining in spite of the plinkett serial killer stuff.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

priznat posted:

Yah but unlike the folks making rape jokes here they are actually funny and entertaining in spite of the plinkett serial killer stuff.

But the attempt at humor was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8athiZjqF0

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I'll put something up your tight

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
plinkett was kind of a product of nerd stereotypes of the time, where nerds were creepy basement dwellers
and unlike many rape joke tellers the joke isn't that rape itself is funny but putting it in an absurd situation and making you laugh at something terrible. back when people knew how to tell an edgy joke and not just get millions of dollars for screaming about rape while playing video games.

nerd crew is kind of the more modern nerd review now that comic book movies make millions and we're surrounded by merch. like, there's still nerds so whiny and lovely that they can't make it in THIS society among "normies" but who even cares about them anymore, they aren't as fun to make fun of.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I wasn't upset or uptight about it at all, actually. I was just joking around. Just joshin', ya know? I think other people were too.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

when is plinkett gonna review the matrix sequels

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Joshin and Jackin all over the place.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss gently caress Bot 5000.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfe-udB9My0

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Truly the fruits of my boredom last night were not worth the sacrifice of my contentment tonight.

Woe is me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RedSpider posted:

It didn't look fake at all.

Don't even get me started on how fake the rubber xeno suits in Aliens looked at times.

it looked very very very very loving fake.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Aliens don't exist in reality so there's no way for movie aliens to not look fake.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Schweinhund posted:

Aliens don't exist in reality so there's no way for movie aliens to not look fake.

It's true. The Yoda puppet and horrible CGI Yoda from Phantom Menace are indistinguishable.

The uncanny valley doesn't exist when you have the CineD forums posting eyes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The CGI Alien could've looked like the realist thing ever, but I just love the suit work in these films and I find them impressive.

Even if a shot or two is iffy, overall I just love the way they light and shoot these rubber monsters to make them look interesting. Like you know how Diego Luna is obsessed with Jabba and touching his rubber skin? I'm like that but obsessed with bathing an Alien in dope lighting.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Minrad posted:

personally, E3 met and exceeded my expectations

Posted unironically

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if u told me the tiny dancer alien was a jim henson prop articulated with black rods i'd say:

"yup, no doubt."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
E3 '17 announced 2 new Metroid games and Wolfenstein II, so overall it's been the best E3 ever.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

E3 '17 announced 2 new Metroid games and Wolfenstein II, so overall it's been the best E3 ever.

Best E3 for 2018, SFA coming out this year it seems :sigh:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

cant wait to ride a robot dog with a flamethrower cannon in its mouth, incinerating future supernazis

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Fartbox posted:

cant wait to ride a robot dog with a flamethrower cannon in its mouth, incinerating future supernazis

So much for the tolerant left!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Sea of Thieves :love:

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
nerds

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The worst film in the world (space cop???) has more artistic merit than the best game

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Can you date and then have sex with anime girls in a movie?

I don't think so "mate"

owned

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
video games as art, more like video games as fart

the only way to truly experience art is to read obscure ancient texts in their original language

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

vermin posted:

the only way to truly experience art is to put your finger in someone elses butt and then they try to fart, but they can't because your finger is in their butt

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i distinctly remember thinking during the tiny alien scene wow why the gently caress did they make this chestburster cgi it looks worse than something made in 1979 and then when it turned out to be an actual alien in miniature i almost started laughing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love that scene, and that cute little alien, and fassebenders reaction. :3:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The problem is that iconic "chestburster" scene was actually the sound engineers penis and no attempt has been made to recreate the prop since it would inevitably draw attention of the MPAA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Groovelord Neato posted:

i distinctly remember thinking during the tiny alien scene wow why the gently caress did they make this chestburster cgi it looks worse than something made in 1979 and then when it turned out to be an actual alien in miniature i almost started laughing.

I've heard from everyone I know who saw this that when the mini-alien pops out there was always laughter at every showing.

• Locked thread