Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
OKAY. i've analysed the Super Mario Odyssey trailers and gameplay footage and i can conclude that this is set BEFORE DONKEY KONG. this is the first game in the super mario saga. pauline doesnt know mario from what i can tell, donkey kong probably kidnaps her after mario helps out during Odyssey. however, the big emotional storytelling crux is that this is the origin of the bowser feud. basically bowser and peach are in love and are getting married (note, theres no koopa kids) and mario is just straight up against that for weird uncomfortable reasons and thus goes well out of his way to ruin their big day.

the timeline is like this:

Super Mario Kart Saga + all the fun sports titles (because bowser and mario are friends) THEN the events of SMO happen - this leads us to the original donkey kong and then into the SUPER PLATFORM SAGA into 64 and galaxy. (sunshine is excluded from official canon) i think the events of SMASH BROS occur after the the main platform saga.

I'll give more of my thoughts after my 12 hour youtube analysed footage has been processed, but spoiler alert! F-ZERO AND METROID TAKE PLACE 100 YEARS BEFORE MARIO KART

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in marriage you can either be victorious or happy - Reggie Fils-Aime at some point probably

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LionArcher posted:

Do you have a link or is it already sold out?

https://www.target.com/p/item/-/A-52525980?clkid=c0aa88afN79d7962671576ae66318472f&lnm=81938&afid=istocknow&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

I will say that the bundle price only seemed good compared to the prices I was seeing for individual consoles on other sites which may have been inflated so maybe I got ripped off v:v:v

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

loquacius posted:

https://www.target.com/p/item/-/A-52525980?clkid=c0aa88afN79d7962671576ae66318472f&lnm=81938&afid=istocknow&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

I will say that the bundle price only seemed good compared to the prices I was seeing for individual consoles on other sites which may have been inflated so maybe I got ripped off v:v:v

The bundle price is exactly the same as buying all of the stuff separately. So if you wanted a pro controller, BotW, MK8 and a case, it's a perfectly good bundle.

Also, you probably want all of those things.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

OKAY. i've analysed the Super Mario Odyssey trailers and gameplay footage and i can conclude that this is set BEFORE DONKEY KONG. this is the first game in the super mario saga. pauline doesnt know mario from what i can tell, donkey kong probably kidnaps her after mario helps out during Odyssey. however, the big emotional storytelling crux is that this is the origin of the bowser feud. basically bowser and peach are in love and are getting married (note, theres no koopa kids) and mario is just straight up against that for weird uncomfortable reasons and thus goes well out of his way to ruin their big day.

the timeline is like this:

Super Mario Kart Saga + all the fun sports titles (because bowser and mario are friends) THEN the events of SMO happen - this leads us to the SUPER PLATFORM SAGA into 64 and galaxy. (sunshine is excluded from official canon) i think the events of SMASH BROS occur after the the main platform saga.

I'll give more of my thoughts after my 12 hour youtube analysed footage has been processed, but spoiler alert! F-ZERO AND METROID TAKE PLACE 100 YEARS BEFORE MARIO KART

Can confirm that Peach reacting to Mario "rescuing" her like he's her semi-retarded Forrest Gump childhood friend who you just have to indulge because it's easier than trying to explain things to him, while secretly making the "I'll call you" gesture to Bowser when he's not looking, fits well with every game in the series

my main question is: what happened to Waluigi? He vanishes from the timeline at some point and never shows up again :ohdear:

TheMadMilkman posted:

The bundle price is exactly the same as buying all of the stuff separately. So if you wanted a pro controller, BotW, MK8 and a case, it's a perfectly good bundle.

Yeah, I did, I'm ok with this

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

TheMadMilkman posted:

I do want all of it. I don't like that it's grey... sitting in the check out box... thinking

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Switch noob question: if I already have the DLC poo poo from the Wiiu MK8 do I have to re-buy it for MK8 Deluxe, and do I have to re-earn all the kart parts etc or what

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

loquacius posted:

Switch noob question: if I already have the DLC poo poo from the Wiiu MK8 do I have to re-buy it for MK8 Deluxe, and do I have to re-earn all the kart parts etc or what

It comes with all the DLC I think

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

LionArcher posted:

I do want all of it. I don't like that it's grey... sitting in the check out box... thinking

I was there too, but then I decided to drive to my local target, which is less than a mile away.

They had Switches in stock, and now I own a red/blue one. I'll go back tonight and pick up accessories.

I wanted grey, though, but I figure I'll end up buying a second set of joy-cons eventually.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

loquacius posted:

Welp I just bought a Switch, that was surprisingly easy

I went to istock.com to look into setting an alert and it was like "hey yo gently caress alerts, the gray bundle w zelda and mariokart and a second controller is in stock at target's website right now dog" and I was like "poo poo fine ok" and now I own a Switch

Pity it's not the red/blue kind, but my options were gray bundle or red/blue no-bundle at newegg for $65 less and yeah the bundle is totally worth it at that price differential

In closing, nice job on the E3 presentation, Nintendo

same, OP. Though I just stumbled upon it by going to Target.com out of curiosity. What else is istock good for.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I would love to know how these pair to the Switch when, as far as I can tell, no option to search for Bluetooth items even exists in the UI.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Infinitum posted:

Distinct lake of Odyssey song on this page

Infinitum posted:

Smash confirmed for Smash

U drunk?

not judgin'

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

loquacius posted:

It comes with all the dlc but you have to re earn kart parts

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Anyone buy joycon condoms from Keys Factory? I dropped my Switch at the airport and bruised the right joycon and it triggers me and also gives me an excuse to buy those spla2n accessories that were announced earlier this year. I looked at videos and the only thing that worries me is that it looks like an even bigger pain in the rear end to press the - and + joycon buttons

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 14, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mister Facetious posted:

I would love to know how these pair to the Switch when, as far as I can tell, no option to search for Bluetooth items even exists in the UI.

Gotta be a firmware update coming, nothing else makes sense

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This is sorta making me want pokken

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Justin Wong choke

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Golden Goat posted:

This is sorta making me want pokken

Pokken is cool and fun. Buy Pokken.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF MARIO HIT HIMSELF WITH HIS OWN HAT?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Double Moustache all the way

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Justin Wong choke

Daigo parried again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Can you hit Luigi with the hat

or Bowser :tinfoil:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
So based on that E3 I'm just going to assume I won't be able to buy a Switch until Nintendo brings out its next console.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Gotta be a firmware update coming, nothing else makes sense

That would be awesome if that were the case. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
You could buy one on Target right this minute.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Inzombiac posted:

Why do you think his name is Mario Mario?

First game in the timeline confirmed.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

MarcusSA posted:

That would be awesome if that were the case. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Agreed, not sure the Switch is large enough to handle all the bluetooth signals.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What istock website are you guys exactly referencing? Istock just returns results for a stock photography site?

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just google "nintendo switch stock checker" and you'll find relevant websites.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What istock website are you guys exactly referencing? Istock just returns results for a stock photography site?
It's istocknow.com

I always feel weird shilling for some random free "sign up to be emailed an alert" website but it genuinely did work for me the first time Amazon restocked after I set up an alert :shobon:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i think allister is good at pokken

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I think this explains that those bluetooth cube speakers are different than expected: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6h8xci/8bitdo_confirmed_their_new_twincube_speakers_can/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ComposerGuy posted:

So based on that E3 I'm just going to assume I won't be able to buy a Switch until Nintendo brings out its next console.

Releasing too many good games is just another Nintendo blunder

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Millions posted:

I think this explains that those bluetooth cube speakers are different than expected: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6h8xci/8bitdo_confirmed_their_new_twincube_speakers_can/

God drat it.:(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Millions posted:

That sounds about right.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
jeez nintendo, take a hint from microsoft and keep some product on the shelf

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

The only reason I didn't buy that today is I don't care about a case and can buy those games second-hand for $10 less each, so worst-case scenario you got ripped for, like, $30-40.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Quest For Glory II posted:

i think allister is good at pokken

Yeah he clearly knows what he was doing, having actual Suicune combos

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Millions posted:

sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Blazing Zero posted:

jeez nintendo, take a hint from microsoft and keep some product on the shelf

lol

• Locked thread