Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I sent this song to some of the DJs for the swing groups in my area and Monday I'll be swinging to Mario. The wish I never knew I had has come true.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Squid Research Labs have rocked up to the Treehouse stream and are in character lol

They're showing off Salmon Mode

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

I was watching the Twitch stream on the new Yoshi and what game designer decided it would be a good idea to have elements of the set completely obscure your vision or that the solution to that was to make a neon silhouette of Yoshi?

It looked like a downgrade from Woolly World.

Did you watch enough of it to show you that you could flip the stage?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope good feel gets to work on Warioland again someday

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Infinitum posted:

Did you watch enough of it to show you that you could flip the stage?

I only caught the tail end of it so I guess I missed that part.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Horde mode looks insane.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Salmon Run looks great, lots of fun enemy variety

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Now I want Splatoon 2

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Call Me Charlie posted:

I was watching the Twitch stream on the new Yoshi and what game designer decided it would be a good idea to have elements of the set completely obscure your vision or that the solution to that was to make a neon silhouette of Yoshi?

It looked like a downgrade from Woolly World.

Well, keep in mind that this game is scheduled for 2018 so they have quite a bit of time to fix some of these things.

The design of the game has it so that the direction (frontside or backside) reveals different angles of the same obstacle to show different things. What was obscured in one direction has different elements in the other. It's a neat idea that's been in some other games kinda, and the solutions aren't really that bad (they used the silhouette thing in Mario Galaxy I'm pretty sure).

Fyi in co-op you can switch angles at will by both players doing simultaneous ground pounds.

Only problems that seemed to come up from were potential enemies obscured in the background, and hitting the revival egg between the foreground/middleground/background. Both things can probably be fixed later.

edit: Comparing to Woolly world, I haven't played Woolly world yet but personally this looks much more interesting to me with the switching perspectives

Ventana fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 14, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zeeman posted:

Salmon Run looks great, lots of fun enemy variety

Yeah, a good horde mode will be a selling point for my brothers who would never touch ranked.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

why is milo yianappolis translating

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Is the slosher a bucket/shotgun?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I really feel like Nintendo could've used a "This is available now!"-announcement for something on Switch. I say that as I download sale games on my 3DS...

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Golden Goat posted:

Is the slosher a bucket/shotgun?

It's a bucket, very powerful up close with a bit of a spread and some arc. I don't know if I'd call it a shotgun analogue, though.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
OK, that last round got intense

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tag yourself

I'm the sentient BBQ that just merc'd the entire team

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zeeman posted:

OK, that last round got intense

And that was pretty low difficulty. They're doing 80% now and getting swarmed immediately in round 1. This looks bonkers.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Profreshional

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

PUMPUU UPU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

They were able to not die to wave 1 80%, but were nowhere near the quota to move on. Awesome. Does anyone know if you can play with multiple people on a single switch?

200% cap, the max raises by 5% everytime you clear the highest from 100% on.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The hosts say these inklings are collecting the fishmen's unborn eggs to use as fuel? Cripes

(there's corn and sausages in the background)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
200% seems insane

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The difficulty goes up to 200% :psyboom:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/875076866448789504

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you play Salmon Run solo/with bots?

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Salmon Run is looking awesome

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
SALMON RUSH

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Inzombiac posted:

one player per salmon

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would like to hear about Super Mario Maker 2. Even if it's only a title page like Metroid Prime 4.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I think They said local and online multiplayer only

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Oh goody, Rabbids for the third day in a row.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

show ever oasis :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Davide, the lead dev of Mario+Rabbids is on Treehouse now.

This was the dude that convinced Miyamoto to let him dev XCOM:Mario, and teared up when he was praised during the Ubisoft reveal.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Luigi is a low hp sniper. Awesome.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i'm going to buy the rabbid game

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

i'm going to buy the rabbid game

I think everyone who is going to buy it is already convinced, and what they're doing today isn't going to swing anybody. Should probably move on to something else.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So how come all these​ French devs speak English but none of the Japanese guys can be bothered.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Has anything new been announced today?

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
France is pretty close to the UK and they speak most european languages in day-to-day life as they're pretty close.

You can live in Japan and only speak japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Nephzinho posted:

I think everyone who is going to buy it is already convinced, and what they're doing today isn't going to swing anybody. Should probably move on to something else.

You could say that for all the games they have showed today besides maybe Yoshi.

• Locked thread