Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Safety Factor posted:

I was crazy enough to track down a bunch of the old, metal jump packs for my Night Lords' raptors. I was still using the plastic kit, just with metal backpacks. 32mm bases were a godsend. :shepface: Mashed fishing weights and 25mm bases did not cut it.

Also, those jump packs loving rule and the new ones are trash by comparison. They even put the spikes inside the intakes which sets off my :spergin:.

Do you have pics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TheChirurgeon posted:

Normal marines aren't on 25mm now unless you buy an older box

Oh yeah I know, I meant purely for my own stuff - I'm not rebasing the 100+ Marines I have so for consistency's sake any new ones will be on 25mm as welĺ, but Primaris I'll put on 32mm since they're different enough in scale for it not to look weird.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd guess the bases are Dragonforge and heads are Pig Iron, they were the most popular back in the day. Do you have any pictures?

I posted a couple of Chaplains upthread which are on the bases.

Pig Iron was right for the heads - Kolony Militia.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't supposed there's a current picture database of known chapters and their color scheme?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Corrode posted:

I'm like a week behind on Chaplain chat but here's some fukken Chaplains (phone camera + crap lighting + zero set-up for picture taking of hams, DON'T JUDGE ME)

Lemartes came out so dark :/

The jump and power armour chaplains here.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

SRM posted:

It's... okay. I did a review of it a while ago on my youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M141rCsFGfo

It's pretty much personal preference. 32s do look nicer though.

I'll check out your review right now! I liked your DoW3 video.

Yeah after looking at comparisons I might get some adapters in the future. It seems like it would be easier to make more interesting details on the bases.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't supposed there's a current picture database of known chapters and their color scheme?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pictorial_List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters_A-L
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pictorial_List_of_Space_Marine_Chapters_M-Z

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
8th ed shipment showed up at my FLGS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
That's a lotta ham.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I like how they needed to do that shot as a panorama.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
The store near me started selling the stuff today and is already out of some of the indices. People are losing their minds.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TKIY posted:

I like how they needed to do that shot as a panorama.

no thats the warp rift the boxes came from

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I'm surprised the other bigmar kits aren't up for preorder yet
I guess they need space in store to shift all these Dark Imperium sets first :v

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
It sounds like people weren't playing around wrt Indexes having tight allocations. Maybe they didn't want to print a ton since they're a temporary patch until real Codices.

Also lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mango sentinel posted:

It sounds like people weren't playing around wrt Indexes having tight allocations. Maybe they didn't want to print a ton since they're a temporary patch until real Codices.

Also lol

This dude is never getting laid

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
List I'm bringing Sunday because I don't have 20 terminators yet:

Really need to replace that librarian with a chaplain. Hell maybe I'll take the book off and proxy him.

Swapping the librarian for a terminator chaplain and dropping 2 storm bolters lets me give that third tactical squad a plasmagun and plasma cannon, and give the 3 tactical sergeants combi-flamers.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Really need to replace that librarian with a chaplain. Hell maybe I'll take the book off and proxy him.

What did you use to make that list?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Zasze posted:

What did you use to make that list?

https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Iron Crowned posted:

This dude is never getting laid

wrong, those are his babies

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

S.J. posted:

wrong, those are his babies

Traded his young life for his weight in bigmar sprues...a sad story.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

chutche2 posted:

Swapping the librarian for a terminator chaplain and dropping 2 storm bolters lets me give that third tactical squad a plasmagun and plasma cannon, and give the 3 tactical sergeants combi-flamers.

I feel like this list could use more terminators or something.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I feel like this list could use more terminators or something.

I know, right? That's what I've been saying. I'll have to settle for these lowly power armored oldmarines.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Also lol

swag

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
yolo

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If I have a Dark Imperium box, a tac squad of oldmarines, and a Start Collecting Tempestus Scions box, about how much more stuff would I want to round out 2k points?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Excel or Google Sheets is a pretty good way of adding up points.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

mango sentinel posted:

If I have a Dark Imperium box, a tac squad of oldmarines, and a Start Collecting Tempestus Scions box, about how much more stuff would I want to round out 2k points?

Without going too ham on any upgrades, that adds up to about 1500. So another 500pts.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

spacegoat posted:

Played a game last night and we had a hard time understanding the cover rules. It reads to us like you only get cover if you're in it, but not behind it. Is that right? Like, if I'm shooting through a wood youn don't get poo poo but if you're COMPLETELY inside it (and infantry) you do?

Also, if I've got a 20 man squad behind LoS blocking terrain but one dude is visible, can my opponent theoretically wipe out all 20 with a single salvo of good shooting due to that one dude?

I'd like to know this too. Seeing as though there's no more movement penalties for going through it and no advantage to fighting behind it, f it doesn't hard block line of sight is there any benefit to cover in 8th?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I wasnt sure on the points either so I appreciate it, but I meant actual unit wise. Like what am I missing? Transports and psykers come to mind.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

adamantium|wang posted:

I'd like to know this too. Seeing as though there's no more movement penalties for going through it and no advantage to fighting behind it, f it doesn't hard block line of sight is there any benefit to cover in 8th?

Yes if you are in it and are Infantry. Otherwise you need to look at the advanced terrain rules.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Otherwise it typically uses the 50% obscured model, but I read that to mean that things behind it get cover if they're obscured, but infantry don't?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You only get the 50% obscured if you're a non-Infantry that's completely on a piece of terrain, or from specific impassible pieces like the Space Marine statue. Being partially obscured by Hills and Units no longer matters. LOS blocking terrain is very important this edition.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Will a 25mm base fit inside of those cool 32mm bases Malifaux uses? That might be how my vintage Deathguard keep their snow city bases.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Ok, so I'm clear, in THE GAME EVERYONE ASKED FOR I only get cover if I'm inside a wood, not behind it? Because that's different somehow?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

Oh yeah I know, I meant purely for my own stuff - I'm not rebasing the 100+ Marines I have so for consistency's sake any new ones will be on 25mm as welĺ, but Primaris I'll put on 32mm since they're different enough in scale for it not to look weird.

:same:

Watched some games yesterday. Fortress of Redemption manned by dark eldar against a mix of 'nids. The fortress is rough to kill. Also foot crons/destroyers against 3 manticores, 3 hydras, and 3 vinidcare assassins with some assault marines and characters up front. The cron player didn't make past midfield. Artillery and taking out crypteks was pretty good with a net of jumpers just getting in the way.

I'm playing tonight. I also want to try out some jumpers and put my Culexus assassin on the table since you still need 6s to hit.

Azrael
2x 5man devs, 4x heavy bolter, assback
2x 5man tac, melta, combi melta, assback
1x 5man tac, plasma, combi plas, assback
3x rifledreads
2x 10 assault marines
Culexus assassin

Still proxying the heavy bolters but that's life. 45 marines, 5 tanks, 3 dreads. 4++ invul/reroll to hit bubble. The assassin+marines is probably too many disruption units but whatever. Go forth and and tie up.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

Ok, so I'm clear, in THE GAME EVERYONE ASKED FOR I only get cover if I'm inside a wood, not behind it? Because that's different somehow?

And also only if you're infantry.

If you're not infantry, you can be in woods and 50% obscured by a building and get cover, but the building by itself and the forest by itself doesn't do anything.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Sykic posted:

Anyone ever just write off an entire army as unpaintable? You look at the models and think to yourself "No way in hell can I paint that, I'll stick to space marines" and never even try? That's been me and Tyranids since about 6 years ago, there's not a chance in hell I can paint a nid, I tried once when I was fairly new and got this abomination. Then I got thinking, gently caress it, I'm back in the hobby now, let's try something different, something crazy, something that'll give chutche2 a cupola nightmares.

Is it a great paint job? No. Is it infinitely better than I ever imagined? Absolutely. And to think I originally planned to sell off the Tyranid half of Deathstorm.

Moral of the story: Just paint.

That looks great. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Appreciate it, thanks.

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm surprised the other bigmar kits aren't up for preorder yet
I guess they need space in store to shift all these Dark Imperium sets first :v

Pretty much, independent retailers only have so much capital for new product and GW wanted as much of that as possible for indexes, rule books and box sets.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

If you're not infantry, you can be in woods and 50% obscured by a building and get cover, but the building by itself and the forest by itself doesn't do anything.

Woah.

Thanks for the answer.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Are you psychic? Let the Astra Militarum know!
https://regimental-standard.com/2017/06/14/could-you-be-psychic/

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Appreciate it, thanks.

Pretty much, independent retailers only have so much capital for new product and GW wanted as much of that as possible for indexes, rule books and box sets.

More like customers only have so much money. Biglys will be up for preorder around payday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

chutche2 posted:

And if by some LoS miracle only a cupola my dudes are visible behind a wood, can my whole unit take wounds/be killed?

• Locked thread