Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
wow capcom is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is gamestop extrapolating from the boilerplate "we currently have no plans" or did they get an outright refusal

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Capcom is playing out some hosed up Brewsters millions scenario

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Minrad posted:

Thread has so many new posts I probably missed this, but there's official word now: no MHXX in the west

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-capcom-not-bringing-switch-version-of-mons/1100-6450954/

E3 2017: Capcom Not Bringing Switch Version Of Monster Hunter XX To The US
The company confirms it has no plans to localize the title.

i'm going to be delusionally naive and focus on the fact that they specifically said there's no plans to localize the switch version and not no plans to localize the game outright

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I bet they want maximum numbers for the new console push and don't want people to have just bought a MH game.

Something dumb. The gently caress though. I would buy both.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Guess it's time to find that menu patch for MHXX and just play homebrew if Capcom won't take my money :shrug:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
pee-pee doo-doo Capcom are a bad company

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Minrad posted:

Guess it's time to find that menu patch for MHXX and just play homebrew if Capcom won't take my money :shrug:

Is that a switch homebrew?
or 3ds?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Minrad posted:

Thread has so many new posts I probably missed this, but there's official word now: no MHXX in the west

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-capcom-not-bringing-switch-version-of-mons/1100-6450954/

Maaaaaan, I don't wanna play it in Japanese. I don't read a lick of Japanese and plus I would miss out on the cute flavor text and humor (PUNS!).

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Well at least I don't have to buy a Switch now...

:negative:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Minrad posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Is that a switch homebrew?
or 3ds?

3DS, I don't think Switch has any 'real' hacks yet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Why does everyone keep asking about the switch version?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Saint Freak posted:

Why does everyone keep asking about the switch version?

Because having the ability to play MonHun both on your TV and on the go would be rad as gently caress?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Maaaaaan, I don't wanna play it in Japanese. I don't read a lick of Japanese and plus I would miss out on the cute flavor text and humor (PUNS!).

Look at you, person who cares about more than just the combat and doesn't want to squint at menus in a language you don't understand. You are like a little baby. :smugbert:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Minrad posted:

Between this and MvCi I don't know anyone who doesn't hate the poo poo out of Capcom right now lol

e: Some more MHW info from a closed demo tester

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240740696&postcount=736

quote:

Great Sword moveset looks the same, but the effects for charge were much less intense audiovisually

"Hey, you know that weapon people love because even though charging it leaves​ you dead in the water, the sound effects and visuals make landing a full charge incredibly satisfying? What if we took that out?"

- Capcom

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Minrad posted:

3DS, I don't think Switch has any 'real' hacks yet.

drat, I was just really really really looking forward to a monster hunter on the switch

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
At this point I'm probably more likely to import mhxx switch than buy mhw.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zerilan posted:

At this point I'm probably more likely to import mhxx switch than buy mhw.

Switch is region free so you can just make a Japanese account and buy/download and game no problem. If it has English your Switch will automatically play the game in English too. So no 'import' necessary.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wrist Watch posted:

*farts really loudly into own face*

- Capcom

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bombadilillo posted:

Switch is region free so you can just make a Japanese account and buy/download and game no problem. If it has English your Switch will automatically play the game in English too. So no 'import' necessary.
I know some Hong Kong and Chinese games come with English-language options but has that ever happened with a game that didn't also get a western release?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

people shocked that capcom is stupid is shocking.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

people shocked that capcom is stupid is shocking.

Its always shocking when you are trying to throw money at a thing and the companies just...naw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Minrad posted:

Between this and MvCi I don't know anyone who doesn't hate the poo poo out of Capcom right now lol

e: Some more MHW info from a closed demo tester

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240740696&postcount=736

I'm okay with this, but lol at this

quote:

Map still segregated into numbered zones, more interconnected, and no loading between them. But moving between zones is generally via narrow corridors

No more loading screens! Except not really.

Also bring XX drat it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

"Hey, you know that weapon people love because even though charging it leaves​ you dead in the water, the sound effects and visuals make landing a full charge incredibly satisfying? What if we took that out?"

- Capcom

if it means the visuals are more more like MH4U than MHGen, I'm honestly okay with that. Mhgen could get too loving chaotic like some kinda monster disco floor with 4 players

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

reading the comments in the monsterhunter subreddit is a great case study of the 5 stages of grief right now lol

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zmej posted:

reading the comments in the monsterhunter subreddit is a great case study of the 5 stages of grief right now lol

Okay, just saying, but I watched the video on Gamespot, read the entire article, checked all links within the article, and looked at the comments. NOWHERE does it say we aren't getting it, other than the first line in the article, which has no links to anything confirming as such. Misinformation is being spread, and while I believe it's easier on one's sanity to believe it's not coming until proven otherwise, that HAS to stop. Clickbait titles are one thing, but there is NO PROOF. The article from Gamespot, as of current knowledge, is a LIE.

Agreed, it's entirely possible this is a clickbait article that they (correctly) knew would get a ton of traffic. For me it's the final straw, I'm sick of getting my hopes up. Guess I'll start looking forward to MHW and watch my switch collect dust. Bummed.

You are correct about that. I just think they took the tweets and faked a direct source of information though.

I could lie and claim I bought my switch because of zelda, but the truth is I thought a MonHun game was a lock on this thing. I'm honestly heartbroken :(

mix of hahaha and awww

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Well if the article is a lie then maybe soon they'll get an update from Capcom

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

isnt the switch region free? just make a japanese account or import the game. i thought everyone was super hyped when it turned out there wouldn't be region locking on the switch because of stuff like this

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bad Parenting posted:

isnt the switch region free? just make a japanese account or import the game. i thought everyone was super hyped when it turned out there wouldn't be region locking on the switch because of stuff like this

I cant read cat puns in kanji you see.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Minrad posted:

mix of hahaha and awww
as he screams FAKE NEWS between the sobs

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

I don't know Japanese man!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Bad Parenting posted:

Yeah and wade through tons and tons of Japanese text that I can't read without a guide.

Also you can't transfer Gen saves to XX.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bad Parenting posted:

Can I transfer my us save to the Japanese switch version? No

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Countblanc posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Actually trying to read it all in Japanese does sound like I pain. May just stick to translation patched 3ds version, makes it easier to wait longer before getting a switch anyway.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I managed to get through the most recent dark souls game in japanese just using the google translate app where it converts the text by looking at it through your camera phone, i can't imagine monster hunter being any worse. i wasn't aware you could transfer saves but is XX just a g rank on top of X or something? personally if i was going to play on switch that would feel like cutting out the majority of the game.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
So what's the deal with running the translation patch for the 3DS version? Do I need sketchy homebrew stuff on my hardware, will a Japanese copy of the game run on my American system?

If anyone can link a nice step-by-step guide I'll appreciate it, the installation instructions for the patch seem to assume a lot of knowledge

Edit: Looks like it probably isn't in the cards without a Japanese 3DS!

Space Hamlet fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 14, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm the goons ITT who literally can't understand how anyone could enjoy anything about a videogame other than the combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
I think World will probably be good, but Western fans have been excited about XX since it was announced - and its existence has a way of making Generations feel incomplete. Capcom have found a clever way to put a dark cloud over their exciting announcement, is what it comes down to fr me

It's especially silly in that MHW really does feel like a play to the Western market but this whole announcement schedule has a feeling about it like they thought they could build hype for XX while only talking to Japanese customers! Of course you're gonna disappoint the customers you're hoping to excite if you do things this way, ya dummies!

• Locked thread