Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Lastgirl posted:

so when do i get my slamwhale t-shirt

same time as i get my goon hydra shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

so when do i get my slamwhale t-shirt

Dunno, but you can print this sticker and pin it on your shirt...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

same time as i get my goon hydra shirt

Those were limited edition... ran out of print.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uhhh I heard we can grief people in this game or something, is this still the case? Fun game? Looks weird as poo poo from your videos.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

soy posted:

Uhhh I heard we can grief people in this game or something, is this still the case? Fun game? Looks weird as poo poo from your videos.

The tears in this game are golden...

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
hmmm i dont think thats tears

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tempus Thales posted:

Those were limited edition... ran out of print.

so this means im not getting my slamwhale t-shirt??

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ah well I guess I gotta wait until there is some way to get a key, but will def try this out when it's possible, joined discord and such

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

soy posted:

We don't greif we are protecting the skys.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/to-key-or-not-to-key/

Vote B on this poll so we can get more keys you nerds :colbert:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Jesus like 2000 people voted and more keys is winning by like 50 VOTEVOTEVOTE

This poo poo is closer than the british election lets make sure our absolute boy takes it again

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did my part for the B

I want an "I Boted" sticker

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

The VOTEVOTEVOTE wasn't hyperbole I genuinely want you all to vote as many times as possible

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Few quick questions.

Wings... What is the difference between power and pivot in terms of stats? Pivot seems fairly self evident but power doesn't?

Logoff mechanics... How long does my ship stay in world after I log? On a few occasions now I've noticed items missing from my on-board storage after logging back in, despite making sure my ship was way out of range of any grapple/gliders from islands and not having a single ship in sight before I logged. It's getting frustrating and I've now taken to hiding chest with my good stuff behind generators and stuff so it can't be seen unless panels are removed.

Other than that, game is good. I'm currently stranded in T4 on euro server however after somehow respawning here after dying in a stormwall (not sandwall, must have been close to a boundary I guess) crossing so I've got to try to loop back to T3 at some point to pick up the T3 atlas upgrade which are all i'm missing.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
you dont actually play with us so I won't answer any of your lovely questions.

power is how far it can turn or how much power it has to make the turns (ie do a barrel roll), pivot is how fast it reaches the max speed of the turn

3 minutes for the ship to vanish, if anyone else has a respawner on it and they are logged in it won't log out. Also people can and do find the ships that quick.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BurtLington posted:

Wow its still with in 100 on the votes.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Thanks for the info. I'll try and get in the same server as you guys once we have a reset, I've just been dicking around solo so far.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
So does that mean wings at the high end do get powerful enough to do complete barrel rolls?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I've done many in combat..

also the TSA thing is working wonders.

[1:23 PM] Bossa Strite: Can I pay for a flight pass with pineapples?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Turd Herder posted:

Wow its still with in 100 on the votes.

Now it's like 70

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

KM Scorchio posted:

Thanks for the info. I'll try and get in the same server as you guys once we have a reset, I've just been dicking around solo so far.

:smugdon:

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 17, 2017

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Another game we are immortalized by pubbies...

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Tempus Thales posted:

Another game we are immortalized by pubbies...

Seriously? Caton lives matter? That's actually kinda tasteless. Please continue to enforce sky law with extreme prejudice.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

We came, we saw and no pubbies showed up. I think 2-3 players showed up... tomorrow we are going against the rest of their invisible fleet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

official forums posted:

To anyone who sees this, listen to me. This is something WE as a community CANNOT stand for. I’m surprised so many people are conforming to the TSA’s wishes. The TSA is also offering rewards to anyone who captures fugitives? How messed up is that? The people who are marked as fugitives are people who are fighting for freedom, and the TSA is trying to turn the community against those people. They are making players register to be restrained, where otherwise, you could band together with your fellows and fight for freedom! There are many people who say they support freedom, but when someone opposes their freedom, they abandon it. Although this quote is often taken out of context, it still applies to this.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” -Benjamin Franklin.

This is exactly what everyone who bows to the TSA’s wishes is doing, sacrificing freedom, for a little security. This is completely wrong, a persons freedom should not be jeopardized for the sake of security, and like Benjamin Franklin said, they deserve neither.

So I’m calling out everyone in the Worlds Adrift community. Don’t stand for this, take arms, and fight. Their offer for security is not worth giving up your freedom. If you want to show support, sign the Liberty Agreement. I think I’ll let the following quote finish this post out, very accurate and something I completely agree with.

“I know I’m asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it’s a price I’m willing to pay. And if I’m the only one, then so be it. But I’m willing to bet I’m not.” -Captain America

:pram:

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

BurtLington posted:

voted B cuz i want in now

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

quote:

official forums posted:
To anyone who sees this, listen to me. This is something WE as a community CANNOT stand for. I’m surprised so many people are conforming to the TSA’s wishes. The TSA is also offering rewards to anyone who captures fugitives? How messed up is that? The people who are marked as fugitives are people who are fighting for freedom, and the TSA is trying to turn the community against those people. They are making players register to be restrained, where otherwise, you could band together with your fellows and fight for freedom! There are many people who say they support freedom, but when someone opposes their freedom, they abandon it. Although this quote is often taken out of context, it still applies to this.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” -Benjamin Franklin.

This is exactly what everyone who bows to the TSA’s wishes is doing, sacrificing freedom, for a little security. This is completely wrong, a persons freedom should not be jeopardized for the sake of security, and like Benjamin Franklin said, they deserve neither.

So I’m calling out everyone in the Worlds Adrift community. Don’t stand for this, take arms, and fight. Their offer for security is not worth giving up your freedom. If you want to show support, sign the Liberty Agreement. I think I’ll let the following quote finish this post out, very accurate and something I completely agree with.

“I know I’m asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it’s a price I’m willing to pay. And if I’m the only one, then so be it. But I’m willing to bet I’m not.” -Captain America

We need to squash this rebellion before it becomes something bigger.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

This is some ripe pubbie soil my friends

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

heart reacts only

forge
Feb 26, 2006
official forums just hit eve level drama

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

In what thread?

Savage Shulkie
May 13, 2009

Ogon’ po gotovnosti!
Can we get some links or copy pastes here? I love watching nerds implode

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Turd Herder posted:

We need to squash this rebellion before it becomes something bigger.

Quoting Captain America made me :lol:

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
Quote Superman back at them. Game Set Match.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Why on earth aren't you linking this stuff? You're driving us insane.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/harbormenknights-of-the-storm-goon-swarmtsa/

So these dudes have been looking for us like it's their mission in life to evict us from canton. Harbormen and Knights of the Storm both claim to be the good guys, and then get caught pirating people thinking they're killing us. Discord has been filled with massive drama and chest beating like the following.

This dude claims to not be a pirate and be part of one of these groups, yet his name has pirate in it, go figure. (He changed his name and added in "Not")
[11:23 PM] Ali'iloa Not Da Pirate (NA): why dont you fight?
[11:24 PM] forge: im watching netflix
[11:24 PM] forge: i just flew for 4 hours straight
[11:24 PM] forge: even more
[11:24 PM] forge: been on since 4pm est
[11:24 PM] Ali'iloa Not Da Pirate (NA): well all of us are on why do you all of a suddden get off?
[11:24 PM] forge: because its 11:24
[11:25 PM] forge: why dont you login at 7pm
[11:25 PM] Ali'iloa Not Da Pirate (NA): people work
[11:25 PM] forge: well people sleep too
[11:25 PM] Ali'iloa Not Da Pirate (NA): get on real quick and we can settle this. or you can give up canton to the people.
[11:25 PM] forge: what is there to settle
[11:26 PM] forge: i dont care if you claim to whatever
[11:26 PM] Ali'iloa Not Da Pirate (NA): then just leave canton
[11:26 PM] Ali'iloa Not Da Pirate (NA): all of you guys

Then there is of course the main thread.. 10 pages now.
https://www.worldsadrift.com/forums/topic/securing-the-skies-with-tsa/

Confirmed goon utopia [1:58 PM] Eternz: the world is yours to do with what you want, we'll only interfere when there are severe imbalances in the mechanics

So basically there is massive chest beating from the do gooders to purge us from an area of the game we have "claimed". Keep in mind there's no actual claim mechanic in the game.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Cheap Shot posted:

Why on earth aren't you linking this stuff? You're driving us insane.
One of the mappers spun a conspiracy theory based off a weak joke I once made:

Musu posted:

Jackard posted:

Exactly how do you “know” [these dudes you blew up] are our allies? You seem awfully sure of yourself. In the future you might want to run your assumptions by me first – before you end up killing innocents.
I get my confidence from the instance of sinking that ship from you specifically. The exact time we sunk that ship i have posted about you made a comment in Meisterkeens thread. This comment was of news you had received from the players he had sunk. This information was later confirmed from them in discord. I quote “this news is a knife twisting deep in my gut.”

However, even if this is a very very strange coincidence that you make this comment the exact minute we sink that ship, they were not innocent. That ship chased one of our own with cannon fire until it ran into our mother ship and we sunk it.

Except at the time I was mocking his guild leader:

OP of that thread posted:

Edit for clarification: This is not a new alliance. It’s a group that anyone from any alliance can (and should) join, while remaining part of your original alliance. This is a public project, intended to benefit the community by making large player events possible, and targeting the worst of the griefers so that the game isn’t so difficult to play and enjoy.

This is a call to action. Now that we have a usable map, action can be coordinated. It’s possible to organize the efforts of a whole community to make events and large projects happen. With that freedom comes danger; the ever-present threat of assholes who want to ruin everybody’s fun. There are dangerous people roaming out there. People who see Worlds Adrift as a shooting gallery, and who have no higher goal than racking up a high kill count and making everyone else miserable. I despise these people. I want to hunt them down and hurt them. They’ve certainly done enough harm to my friends. They’ve got it coming. Game mechanics don’t favor us right now. The aggressor has the advantage. The solution is to become the aggressor, to take on the griefers with direct and overwhelming force, and to turn their own tactics against them. I’m forming an Order of Knights to do this.

The Knights will:

1 – Support and defend their own alliance, using the Order’s ships and resources as a weapon against everyday griefing.
2 – Attend events like trade meets, races and competitions, and protect those events from griefers’ and pirates’ interference.
3 – Participate in The Hunt — gatherings of Knights who will hunt down and eliminate the most troublesome griefers, scattering their forces and sinking their resources into the Void.
4 – Deputize other people in the community to help deal with threats. A Knight is more than a soldier; he is a leader in his own right.

Anyone from any group may apply to join the Knights. Like Cardinal Guild, the Knights of the Storm are intended to be a public service. It is a volunteer corps drawn from many other groups around the community. We will be selective about who we recruit. There will be an interview process. To be eligible to join, you must:

A – Have access to the game.
B – Have a working microphone.
C – Be willing to be on our Discord anytime you play.

The Order’s Communicators will conduct interviews to select Knights. We will need a lot of Knights, especially on the US server. If you have any shadow of a desire to become a Knight, please join the Order’s Discord server. If you want our help, join our Discord to make a request. We’re not screwing around, here. We’re going to get out there and do some damage to the people who are making this game such a hell. One thing I’ve learned by experience is that the worst griefers are cowardly and petty. They can’t take what they dish out and they don’t like taking risks. I’m willing to lose ships and lose some hours of effort. But they? They will rage. Dishing out the same hurt they’re giving is often like twisting a knife in their gut. Let’s give them hell.

– MeisterKeen

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

worlds adrift forums posted:

No it didn’t lost it’s meaning in modern day, as you so cleverly omit by litterally copy pasting Benjamin Wittes speech in an interview at NPR radio station.
The English Crown refused 3 of the articles of an american delegation that Benjamin Franklin wrote and then was sent to Britain regarding the power of colonian legislatures which the elected american parliament did not agree.
Those points were:

8. No troops to enter and quarter in any colony, but with the consent of its legislature.
11. The late Massachusetts and Quebec Acts to be repealed, and a free government granted to Canada.
17. All powers of internal legislation in the colonies to be disclaimed by Parliament.

And that quote is a stand to the Crown’s response, which they outright refused.

Which brings me to my next point:
We as a community did not officially elect any parliament that would give you any kind of power to regulate air norms (and if that were to happen through a reliable election, you surely would not be elected, or given this position by the elected party).

And maybe you should invest more in your education before telling other people that they “don’t know dilly squat about American history…”, and make an rear end out of youeself.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Keys tomorrow. https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/to-key-or-not-to-key/

quote:

What does that mean? The results of this vote means that this Tuesday 20th at 6pm BST / 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 7pm CEST there will be a new small batch of Founder’s Packs available for sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
What does that mean? The results of this vote means that this Tuesday 20th at 6pm BST / 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 7pm CEST there will be a new small batch of Founder’s Packs available for sale!

We are fully aware that the vote was a close result and you can rest assured we are working as fast as possible on delivering the first update to address some of the issues that were reported since the beginning of Closed Beta.

Thank you to everyone that participated and we look forward to welcoming a new wave of travellers tomorrow!

Xoxo

The Worlds Adrift team