Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

A sign of things to come... ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Was the scope available in the Testfire? Well, they're making a return anyway.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

It was not. Standard issue charger only. Also gently caress yes, scope chargers own.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Scoped chargers have a bit more of a trade-off now: only non-scoped chargers can hold a charge in squid form, so the extra accuracy and range of scoped chargers come at the expense of mobility.

Also, the Sprinkler has been buffed: it's now significantly more effective (though I'm not sure if they mean fire rate, damage or what) for a short while after being placed.

The Beakon and the Splash Wall are also coming back, but no changes were mentioned.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rexroom posted:

A sign of things to come... ?

A fresh splatoon hat is all I've ever wanted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

A fresh splatoon hat is all I've ever wanted

I want one too. Too bad that one-color meshback is all they show.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Gonna wear that pop shirt

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Something old, something new. Ability badges on your gear.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/874189558874742784

Special Effect Up

Makes your special more effective. The specific effect depends on the special: for example, the Tenta Missiles get a larger targeting reticle, making it easier to lock on to multiple foes at the same time.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/874190755547365377

Sub Effect Up

Makes your subweapon better. Again, the effect varies depending on your loadout: Ink Mines get a bigger radius, while Splash Bombs get longer range. Seems to be replacing Bomb Range Up.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/874192331242479616

Ink Resistance Up

Is now a normal ability, so you can now get it on any type of gear and as a secondary ability.

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/874193693619531776

Quick Respawn

Now shortens your respawn timer even further if you get splatted without splatting anyone.

The big image also shows Blast Damage Down and Tag Duration Down, which seem to be normal ability versions of Bomb Sniffer's secondary effect and Cold-Blooded, respectively.

Doc V fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 12, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The official localized version appeared.

Splatoon US tumblr site posted:

This is the Quick Respawn ability. When you get splatted more than once without taking down any opponents, this lets you respawn faster than normal. This is a slight tweak on this ability’s function in the first game. I imagine some of the other returning abilities have been adjusted in kind.

This Gear Ability is Ink Resistance Up. It reduces damage taken and improves mobility when walking through enemy ink. This ability was in the first game, but it was restricted to shoes as a Main Ability. In Splatoon 2, this ability is now stackable (meaning you can equip multiple instances of the ability to make it stronger). It’s available on headwear and clothing, and can also be added as a sub ability. Think about the fashion-coordination possibilities!

This Gear Ability is called Sub Power Up. As the name implies, this ability increases the performance of an equipped sub weapon. How performance changes is contingent on which sub is being used. For example, when using Burst Bombs, it’s like the Bomb Range Up ability from the previous Splatoon game, so you’ll be able to throw bombs farther. With Ink Mines, the area of effect will be larger.

Let’s introduce a few of the Gear Abilities. This is Special Power Up. As the name implies, this ability raises the performance of the equipped special weapon. For example, when used in conjunction with Tenta Missiles, the targeting reticule will be larger, making it easier to lock on to more opponents.

Sekhmet
Nov 16, 2001

Rexroom posted:

This is beautiful. :love:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Rexroom posted:

The official localized version appeared.

cold blooded is stealth, right?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I think it's the ability that makes echolocator/point sensor stuff wear off faster on you. Stealth had an outline of a squid, iirc.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DalaranJ posted:

Kaethela posted:

I think it's the ability that makes echolocator/point sensor stuff wear off faster on you. Stealth had an outline of a squid, iirc.

Yeah, in the original game it reduced the duration of tracking abilities like the Point Sensor and Echolocator by 50%, and was only available as a main ability on chest slot items.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah, in the original game it reduced the duration of tracking abilities like the Point Sensor and Echolocator by 50%, and was only available as a main ability on chest slot items.

I guess my strategy of "always use a weapon with Echolocator during Splatfests because nobody can have Coldblooded" isn't going to work this time

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Just a quick heads up: Splatoon 2 Invitational Tournament starting soon.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Bring back Museum d'Alfonsino.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Tempura Wizard posted:

Bring back Museum d'Alfonsino.

Well, there's the Art Academy.

The returning Moray Towers looked interesting, and how they took into account the sniper nests.

Also these loving team introductions are obnoxious.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Some good changes in the pro modes all around.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
US team won over Japan in the Finals. :w00t:

Anyway, the third "Splatoon Koshien" tournament was announced in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqYiPT5jf8I

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

US team won over Japan in the Finals. :w00t:

Anyway, the third "Splatoon Koshien" tournament was announced in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqYiPT5jf8I

How'd the Blue Ringed Octolings do? :ohdear: :australia:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How'd the Blue Ringed Octolings do? :ohdear: :australia:

They got their tentacles chopped by team USA in the elimination round.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, EB Games has the extremely fresh Splatoon 2 Hard Pouch for the Switch up for preorder.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Captured footage of the Salmon Run game mode at E3. Might be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXT71JRc-Uc

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
More Salmon Run coming up on Nintendo's Stream soon.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
The salmonids are just after the Inklings because they're taking their eggs, right? Are we the bad guys again? :ohdear:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This looks like the first shooter coop mode that I may actually want to play for more than 10 min.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

demota posted:

The salmonids are just after the Inklings because they're taking their eggs, right? Are we the bad guys again? :ohdear:

They are hunting their eggs for fuel since the Great Zapfish has been gone for a few years.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the Salmon Run demo from Treehouse Live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huj7HnkzlbY

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

demota posted:

Nothing that gross and unfresh should be allowed to populate anyway

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Horde mode looks amazing.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

demota posted:

This is what hedonistic consumer societies reduce people into.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

LethalGeek posted:

Nothing that gross and unfresh should be allowed to populate anyway

We must secure the existence of our squids and a future for fresh kids.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

demota posted:

Inklings have always been the badguys.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Inklings are hipsters, and the caviar of sapient beings is p non-mainstream.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
They showed off the single player part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZ6qe3RDEU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Are squidlings just immortal?

Must be as sending 13yos into something like Salmon Run where big rear end monsters are going to eat your kids trying to collect fuel seems like a really bad idea.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 15, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Are squidlings just immortal?

Must be as sending 13yos into something like Salmon Run where big rear end monsters are going to eat your 13yos trying to collect fuel seems like a really bad idea.

Maybe all the adults are dead. We haven't seen any other than Captain Cuttlefish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe all the adults are dead. We haven't seen any other than Captain Cuttlefish.

I think this is actually the case for the Octarians - everyone but DJ Takozawa is under the drinking age, and everyone younger than the OctoAmazons haven't even hit adolescence.

• Locked thread