Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

https://twitter.com/Matt_Kiser/status/875117400378757124

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/875119894047711233

:stare:
Things are happening again.

e: removed the bad link

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
i want to believe that the Obstruction investigation leak is the Mueller team responding to Trump floating the idea that he might fire Mueller. Poking the party pig, see if it squeals.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Oh man it sure is too bad a federal LEO agency can't do this or had to stop doing this.

Some sort of federal investigation bureau. Also doing lots of field work instead of trying to use techbro buzzword algorithms to find patterns in billions of petabytes of metadata.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Happy birthday Mr president
Happy birthday to you

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

I love how these 2nd Amendment aficionados fall over themselves to demonstrate their utter lack of tactical training. A pistol is not something you use to fight back against a long gun. In fact a pistol isn't an offensive weapon in any way shape or form.

I remember one of my sergeants explaining to me why NCO's carry pistols. They weren't to shoot the enemy they were to shoot grunts who tried to desert. taking a handgun up against a long rifle isn't much better than taking a knife to a gun fight.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

That's an article self-posted by a comedian, I wouldn't give it much credence (especially since he uploaded the "videos" of the tapes as well).

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Are you playing a prank or did you fall for a prank?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just lmao if trump really had nothing to do with russia at all and just pulled off the biggest possible self own *kisses fingers*

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Are you playing a prank or did you fall for a prank?

Angry_Ed posted:

That's an article self-posted by a comedian, I wouldn't give it much credence (especially since he uploaded the "videos" of the tapes as well).

Yeah, I grabbed the wrong twitter link. >_<

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875115677077704708

Sure, they might be terrorist sympathizers that we are condemning, but I don't see why I cant sell them planes

Just more art of the deal. :smugdon:

efb: wow i should refresh more often

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Bogatyr posted:

i want to believe that the Obstruction investigation leak is the Mueller team responding to Trump floating the idea that he might fire Mueller. Poking the party pig, see if it squeals.

Fire him, fat man!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

If baseball player had gun this wouldn't have happened:

man, gently caress guns in baseball, that is way more interesting

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

just lmao if trump really had nothing to do with russia at all and just pulled off the biggest possible self own *kisses fingers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xirLfTPyDZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn1ZK2kcfQ8

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

boy leaking that he was considering firing mueller in order to get mueller to back off really worked out well for him

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

evilweasel posted:

boy leaking that he was considering firing mueller in order to get mueller to back off really worked out well for him

I am 100% sure that leak was more along the lines of "holy poo poo leak and hopefully we can convince him not to"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oh there's just no way he's not neck deep in tons of Russian poo poo. The funny thing is though that it may have all been accidental for at least a while. But attempting to then obstruct justice on the investigation makes the question of intent completely moot.

So yeah, he totally hosed himself far worse than he would have been if he wasn't a bumbling fool.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i meant illegal things like collusion.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Skex posted:

I love how these 2nd Amendment aficionados fall over themselves to demonstrate their utter lack of tactical training. A pistol is not something you use to fight back against a long gun. In fact a pistol isn't an offensive weapon in any way shape or form.

I remember one of my sergeants explaining to me why NCO's carry pistols. They weren't to shoot the enemy they were to shoot grunts who tried to desert. taking a handgun up against a long rifle isn't much better than taking a knife to a gun fight.

tbf aren't pistols better in close quarters

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oh there's just no way he's not neck deep in tons of Russian poo poo. The funny thing is though that it may have all been accidental for at least a while. But attempting to then obstruct justice on the investigation makes the question of intent completely moot.

So yeah, he totally hosed himself far worse than he would have been if he wasn't a bumbling fool.

Yeah my suspicions is business dealings/money loans and he thought he could get away with pushing a pro-Russian agenda as Pres and make some scratch but was way, way too stupid to pull it off.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jaxyon posted:

I am 100% sure that leak was more along the lines of "holy poo poo leak and hopefully we can convince him not to"

yeah but then trump leaked that explanation of the leaks to make him seem like a smarty man

really worked out huh

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Typo posted:

tbf aren't pistols better in close quarters

According to the basics of CQC.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

is trump truly dumb enough to fire mueller. there has to be limit to it.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure Trump feels vindicated by this

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

also worth pointing out, the washington post is doing its "neener neener look how many people are leaking to us" thing again and made sure to note they had five different sources

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

There is no limit to his dementia addled brain.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

evilweasel posted:

yeah but then trump leaked that explanation of the leaks to make him seem like a smarty man

really worked out huh

but this is just like when he was a CEO and he could start a rumor and get his way

who'd have thought it might be different as president, a much easier job?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Groovelord Neato posted:

i meant illegal things like collusion.

He went on tv and told them to hack hillary clinton.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

evilweasel posted:

really worked out huh

This is the most hilarious part to me. He thought he was so clever for that play that he bragged about it and got it leaked too. I'm pretty sure it was already obvious but there'd have been no way to prove it without him then going on to say that that's exactly what he did. I wouldn't be surprised if he got charged for it too. He was going around telling anybody who would listen that he might fire Mueller despite them all screaming at him not to. He made absolutely sure it would get leaked.

He's just so bad at this.

evilweasel posted:

also worth pointing out, the washington post is doing its "neener neener look how many people are leaking to us" thing again and made sure to note they had five different sources

I take it back, this is my favorite thing about this story.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I can 100% believe that Russia kept Trump himself out of the loop but just colluded with members of his campaign. Trump is just too thick-headed to recognize it and too ignorant of law and politics to realize that what he did was obstruction of justice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He went on tv and told them to hack hillary clinton.

he still has the leeway to say that was a joke.

Pakled posted:

I can 100% believe that Russia kept Trump himself out of the loop but just colluded with members of his campaign. Trump is just too thick-headed to recognize it and too ignorant of law and politics to realize that what he did was obstruction of justice.

this is likely what happened. putin can't be dumb enough to let donnie in on it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump just wouldn't even need to know at any point. He's honestly so stupid and up his own rear end that there is no chance of him ever realizing he is being used. There is, luckily, plenty of chance of him being so stupid he can't be used.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Low Desert Punk posted:

But those countries also don't have the ridiculous gun fetishization and culture that America does, so it's a little different
That's the depressing conclusion I keep coming to whenever I look into the subject. If other countries suddenly had the exact same gun laws we do, I don't think that would put their gun violence numbers in line with ours, or even close.

That's the problem with the idea of restrictive gun laws, other countries think it's such an obvious solution for us to take, but that may just be them charitably assuming we're much better people deep down than we actually are.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

The obstruction of justice investigation into the president began days after Comey was fired on May 9, according to people familiar with the matter. Mueller’s office has now taken up that work, and the preliminary interviews scheduled with intelligence officials indicate his team is actively pursuing potential witnesses inside and outside the government.

The interviews suggest Mueller sees the attempted obstruction of justice question as more than just a “he said, he said” dispute between the president and the fired FBI director, an official said.

that...that's when he said it was russia, right

this investigation literally started because trump admitted to obstruction of justice on tv

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Robot Hobo posted:

That's the depressing conclusion I keep coming to whenever I look into the subject. If other countries suddenly had the exact same gun laws we do, I don't think that would put their gun violence numbers in line with ours, or even close.

That's the problem with the idea of restrictive gun laws, other countries think it's such an obvious solution for us to take, but that may just be them charitably assuming we're much better people deep down than we actually are.

if you could magically get rid of say 90 percent of guns the number of murders in this country would crater.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

We're on a train and it has no brakes!¡! ¡! ¡!!!!!!!!!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Happy birthday rear end in a top hat.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Groovelord Neato posted:

if you could magically get rid of say 90 percent of guns the number of murders in this country would crater.
That's not wrong. But if you tried to get rid of say 15% of the guns, you'd have a civil war and there would be no country.

It's not a question of less guns equalling less gun violence, because obviously the answer is yes. It's a question of whether you could ever actually DO that, and in the USA, that's a massive no. We respond to school shootings by saying we need MORE guns, we are not a rational people.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 15, 2017

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Did Scalise go into critical condition at some point? Or is this one of those "words have different meanings than common useage" things? I thought he was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

theflyingorc posted:

That's my major concern here. I have a Facebook friend who I didn't realize was insane until I saw him posting on Oathkeeper stuff, and he's kinda terrifying when he doesn't have an event to justify his crazy worldview. I'm legitimately concerned about the possibility of another OKC eventually coming out of this.

Not to the level of "I'm sure it will happen", but I think it's on the table.

Have you reported him to the authorities? If your community won't police your own aren't you all responsible for what happens next?

• Locked thread