Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been trying to convince my brother to sell his sks for years. He bought it probably five years ago with a literal 5 gallon bright orange bucket of ammo. Came with other poo poo like a second stock and was bubba'd up. He could sell that piece of poo poo and finally finish his AR build, but no, the loving collector tick is on him and sucking him dry. He's more a quantity over quality guy too.

He also has a lovely remington 1911 that is the height of garbage 1911s. Not a smart shopper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I hate to post an article from Fox News, but the irony in this one is too delicious:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/scalise-shooter-dead-gunman-idd-as-trump-hating-building-inspector-from-illinois.html

quote:

The man who opened fire on a Congressional baseball practice Wednesday, seriously wounding a top Republican lawmaker and four others was an avowed Bernie Sanders supporter who despised President Trump, according to what appears to have been his Facebook page.

James T. Hodgkinson, 66, of Belleville, Ill., who was gunned down by police to end the shooting at Simpson Field in Alexandria, Va., appears to have maintained two Facebook pages, :siren:each replete with profane anti-Trump posts:siren: and glowing praise for Sanders.

Sanders, whose failed presidential campaign Hodgkinson is believed to have been a volunteer with, called the shooting a "despicable act."

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, Texas Rep. Roger Williams’ congressional aide Zack Barth, Tyson Foods director of government relations Matt Mika and two Capitol police officers were also injured in the incident. Hodgkinson was shot by Capitol Police and died from his injuries.

A number of anti-Trump Facebook posts, taken down Wednesday by the social media giant, were published to the page that appears to be Hodgkinson's just two days before the shooting. One said, “Trump is Guilty & Should Go to Prison for Treason.” Another said, “Make America Great Again, Resign!”

Hodgkinson appears to have posted an editorial cartoon on the page that depicted Scalise behind a podium, addressing a group of hooded Ku Klux Klansmen. Hodgkinson wrote in the post: "Here's a Republic that should lose his job, but they gave him a raise."

Fox News can confirm that Hodgkinson apparently sent politically-charged letters to the editor of the Belleville News-Democrat, which published a few of them. One letter that Hodgkinson wrote in 2011 stated: "It's time for the Republican congressmen to grow up. Maybe if they weren't so full of hate, they could see what they are doing to this country - selling it to the Chinese just so they can keep more of the millions."

Dear god, who would write such evil and profane things on Facebook about the President of the United States of America?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Scalise is rapidly approaching hosed.

https://www.medstarwashington.org/sample-page/scalise-update/#q=%7B%7D

quote:

Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip. The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center. He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations. We will provide periodic updates.

During the hospital visit, Donnie couldn't even talk to Scalise, he had to talk to his wife.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I wonder if the Alexandria shooter bought his guns in Illinois, or if he got them at a gun show or something out of state.

Illinois is already poo poo about gun laws. Watch this add a day to the waiting period.

An article mentioned he had a valid Illinois FOID. A cop had told him to stop shooting in his backyard into the woods in the past.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Will laugh if he bought them in Virginia since you always see FWD:FWD: conservative emails about how gangs in Chicago ignore Illinois gun laws and just get them from other states. VA is pretty light on gun restrictions.
Can't own a Street Sweeper oddly enough. One banned gun in the whole state and it's a massive piece of garbage anyway so it's kind of a public service.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 15, 2017

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

facialimpediment posted:

Scalise is rapidly approaching hosed.

https://www.medstarwashington.org/sample-page/scalise-update/#q=%7B%7D

During the hospital visit, Donnie couldn't even talk to Scalise, he had to talk to his wife.

Apparently MSN.com had a headline up a little while ago that he had died, according to a friend of mine. She sent the link, but it had already disappeared. Bet some intern's getting fired over that.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So far this shooter has one of the worst KDRs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

ded posted:

So far this shooter has one of the worst KDRs

more kills than any Oathkeeper tho

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

quote:

Trump had received private assurances from then-FBI Director James B. Comey starting in January that he was not personally under investigation. Officials say that changed shortly after Comey’s firing.

I love it. I love it so much.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Continue to talk poo poo for years and refuse to tone down the rhetoric after Gabby Giffords was shot.

Then it happens to one of there's and they show their true lil' snowflake colors.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I bet all that happens is all senators/reps will end up getting a 2-5 man full time detail at taxpayer expense.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casimir Radon posted:

Continue to talk poo poo for years and refuse to tone down the rhetoric after Gabby Giffords was shot.

Then it happens to one of there's and they show their true lil' snowflake colors.

Yeah, but wasn't Jared more obsessed with grammar then anything you could view as a political agenda?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Commander Shepard can you please give us the real story on Trump being investigated

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Yeah, but wasn't Jared more obsessed with grammar then anything you could view as a political agenda?
He was nuts but all the implied violence anti-Obama poo poo that was flying around at the time probably helped push him over the edge.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The RNC put together a large amount of talking points on the Mueller news. The synopsis is that leaks = bad.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/875166972614516737

The talking points leaked out.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casimir Radon posted:

He was nuts but all the implied violence anti-Obama poo poo that was flying around at the time probably helped push him over the edge.

Come on that's far more of a stretch compared to what happened today. For all we know Furies set Jared off, while this dude had a rather clear poltical agenda.

Granted it might turn out his wife not giving him a hand job was the actual clicking of the clacker, but it's not exactly hard to figure out what got him there.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

The RNC put together a large amount of talking points on the Mueller news. The synopsis is that leaks = bad.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/875166972614516737

The talking points leaked out.

actually the real takeaway is why is no one investigating hillary's emails

i'm not joking, that's in there

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

actually the real takeaway is why is no one investigating hillary's emails

i'm not joking, that's in there

Well keep in mind Lynch was an absolute idiot to do what she did.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Come on that's far more of a stretch compared to what happened today. For all we know Furies set Jared off, while this dude had a rather clear poltical agenda.

Granted it might turn out his wife not giving him a hand job was the actual clicking of the clacker, but it's not exactly hard to figure out what got him there.
The point is the Republicans were throwing around a lot of vicious and completely off base stuff at the time, a lot of which subtley implied violence. Then after Giffords got shot they went "Nuh uh, not our fault!". Then it happens to one of theirs and they're blaming it on the mean things people say about Donnie. Which is glorious because the stuff that gets said about him is nowhere near the poo poo they said about Obama every day of his presidency.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How come when I tell the cop to look at everyone else speeding his still writes me a ticket?

Fuckin' corruption.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
WSJ and Bloomberg backing up Muller investigating Donnie (WaPo). NYT doesn't go *as* far, just saying that background info is *pointing* towards it.

Hannity is broadcasting from the baseball field and calling on Mueller and Rosenstein to resign.

Break out your pants and start wearing them as a hat because it's going to get even crazier.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

lets go nuts

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Asking again because it got missed but wasn't obstruction what Mueller was originally brought on to investigate or was it specifically just Russia/Flynn?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Handsome Ralph posted:

Asking again because it got missed but wasn't obstruction what Mueller was originally brought on to investigate or was it specifically just Russia/Flynn?

Just Russia/Flynn at the start and it was essentially contained to that. Flynn likely lied to the FBI, Comey was investigating that, and it was naturally spreading to money/payoffs (ie did Russians pay Trump Associates to do the colluding or not). It didn't involve Donnie directly.

Then Donnie fired Comey and went on NBC saying it was because of Russia (plus that goofy Russian meeting in the White House). Enter Mueller, then the investigation expanded to Donnie himself.

Comey might get paper backup: (per Bradd Jaffy) WashPost & WSJ are reporting that Rick Ledgett, who recently retired as deputy director of the NSA, wrote a memo prepared “because of concerns” about Trump's conversation with Rogers. Sounds exactly like what Comey did.

Daily Beast: Aides inside White House blaming Donnie himself for bringing on the investigation "President did this to himself" :fap: http://www.thedailybeast.com/even-trumps-aides-blame-him-for-obstruction-probe-president-did-this-to-himself

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 15, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Handsome Ralph posted:

I think his mandate is "Russian interference with the 2016 election", but every time Donnie opens his mouth or someone else is discovered having a nice chat with Kislyak, it expands the scope.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MazelTovCocktail posted:

But why do Republicans get to say it was a mentally unstable person on the fringe of politics that was in no way representative of their ideology or the rhetoric of hatred flying around at the time while this guy is definitely representative of their opponents and was obviously pushed into action by the rhetoric of hatred aimed at Trump and his political party?

They don't get it both ways, especially when they've been the ones doing this poo poo for decades. There was goddamn Rush Limbaugh screaming about it and "warning" of the danger to come on loving air across the nation whipping more of this poo poo up. That is some stunning, next level hypocrisy.

Suddenly the exact same arguments work for them that have been for loving decades coming from "pussies" or "unamerican" or "snowflakes" or "liberals". This poo poo is bad and should stop...so maybe they should be the ones that stop since they're actually doing it?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

bird food bathtub posted:

They don't get it both ways,.

Were you just now introduced to the Republican Party?

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
How did the Warmbier kid come back from NK comatose while Caro came back from Syria fine?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

But why do Republicans get to say it was a mentally unstable person on the fringe of politics that was in no way representative of their ideology or the rhetoric of hatred flying around at the time while this guy is definitely representative of their opponents and was obviously pushed into action by the rhetoric of hatred aimed at Trump and his political party?

They don't get it both ways, especially when they've been the ones doing this poo poo for decades. There was goddamn Rush Limbaugh screaming about it and "warning" of the danger to come on loving air across the nation whipping more of this poo poo up. That is some stunning, next level hypocrisy.

Suddenly the exact same arguments work for them that have been for loving decades coming from "pussies" or "unamerican" or "snowflakes" or "liberals". This poo poo is bad and should stop...so maybe they should be the ones that stop since they're actually doing it?

No, I'm saying Giffords more than not had little to do with actual political discourse and more the guy was obsessed with grammar and nuts as a motive. In this case he might have been batty, but there is a clear political viewpoint and ideology at work for this shooter as a motive.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Suicide Watch posted:

How did the Warmbier kid come back from NK comatose while Caro came back from Syria fine?

What Caro has is far from "fine"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

M_Gargantua posted:

Were you just now introduced to the Republican Party?

Well ok fair point, they shouldn't get it both ways.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I know a thing or two about acute trauma to the pelvis. I did not know that the round he took to the hip had included his pelvis. Like, pelvis injuries are terrible. The pelvis is a cobweb of arteries and veins, the bowel and bladder floats around in there every which way, the pelvis and a leg can hold over a liter of blood each.. Repair of pelvic injuries is a huge loving deal and, as you could imagine, stopping bleeding via tamponade or "holding pressure" is nigh impossible. I took care of a dude who got shot in the rear end and the round bounced off of his pelvis every which way and just shredded everything in there.

He could be in a very bad way. As well, every single day on a vent or back and forth into an OR is another day a complication or hospital acquired infection could occur. A lot of people don't appreciate that general anesthesia isn't like being asleep, your body literally thinks it is running from a lion the entire time it is being cut on. Its hard as hell on a person.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Suicide Watch posted:

Caro was doing pushup while staring at a photo of Shep.
Rage is one hell of an anesthetic.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Blind Rasputin posted:

I know a thing or two about acute trauma to the pelvis. I did not know that the round he took to the hip had included his pelvis. Like, pelvis injuries are terrible. The pelvis is a cobweb of arteries and veins, the bowel and bladder floats around in there every which way, the pelvis and a leg can hold over a liter of blood each.. Repair of pelvic injuries is a huge loving deal and, as you could imagine, stopping bleeding via tamponade or "holding pressure" is nigh impossible. I took care of a dude who got shot in the rear end and the round bounced off of his pelvis every which way and just shredded everything in there.

He could be in a very bad way. As well, every single day on a vent or back and forth into an OR is another day a complication or hospital acquired infection could occur. A lot of people don't appreciate that general anesthesia isn't like being asleep, your body literally thinks it is running from a lion the entire time it is being cut on. Its hard as hell on a person.

This is loving rad.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Not as though it hasn't gone both ways. People were saying that the Muslim hatin', train stabbin' douchebag in Oregon had been triggered or inspired by conservative rhetoric, and now people on the left are keen to play the "clearly a disturbed individual, this has nothing to do with us comparing our opponents to the Third Reich" line.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Suicide Watch posted:

Along with YouTube medic training, Caro also had extensive YouTube master resiliency training.

Four years of Hunt the Good Stuff kept him healthy in both mind and body.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Blind Rasputin posted:

Could you expound on this a bit? I know very little about the mechanics and effects of general anesthetic.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Blind Rasputin posted:

I knew general anesthesia wasn't a walk in the park for the body, but it somehow never occurred to me that way.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Dead Reckoning posted:

Not as though it hasn't gone both ways. People were saying that the Muslim hatin', train stabbin' douchebag in Oregon had been triggered or inspired by conservative rhetoric, and now people on the left are keen to play the "clearly a disturbed individual, this has nothing to do with us comparing our opponents to the Third Reich" line.

Yeah nothing gets my pulse going like Rachel Maddow.

The Left wishes they had 1/10th of the Right's ability to inspire gun-nuttery. It just isn't in their DNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Terrible Robot posted:

Could you expound on this a bit? I know very little about the mechanics and effects of general anesthetic.

It's more what the surgeon is doing during the anesthesia.

As an anesthesiologist I worked for put it "My job is to keep the surgeon from killing you"

• Locked thread