Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't even remember if I finished Dark Matter s2. It was THAT good. :v:

I never started. Should I even change that?

Super stoked for Killjoys though! I like that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's not all that great, but I enjoy mostly all scifi, so I don't regret watching it. It was decent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kesper North posted:

I never started. Should I even change that?

Super stoked for Killjoys though! I like that show.

Well, they murder 1 in like the first episode.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
And right on cue, here's the trailer for season 3 of Killjoys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jIZ8nXXgQ

I enjoyed the subtle change to the title font.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Alehkhs posted:

Looking forward to this.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The only thing bad about Killjoys is that the seasons are a few episodes too short.

Also, that Monogrenade never released that killer song that was featured in the first season finale.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Positive review for Blood Drive

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/06/blood-drive.html

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That starts this Wednesday at 10/9

Also they're putting their premier of Mad Max Fury Road in front of it.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 12, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

muscles like this! posted:

Also they're putting their premier of Mad Max Fury Road in front of it.

Which is being advertised as uncut.

It's going to be a violent night on Syfy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yea I guess. I'm working on a Wynonna Earp thread so it's probably good to have all the syfy friday shows on here

I'm in for the Waverley gifs.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rocksicles posted:

I'm in for the Waverley gifs.

There is only one so far, but I will probably add more as season 2 goes on

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alehkhs posted:

Killjoys owns

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The lady who plays Dutch is supposed to have a big part in the Ant-Man sequel. Although they aren't saying who she is playing.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
If Dutch is the main girl, hopefully a part where she doesn't talk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wormil posted:

If Dutch is the main girl, hopefully a part where she doesn't talk.

Agreed. She is the worst part of the show. I said ti before, she carries herself like a young girl trying to act like an adult.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Controversial opinion: I don't think she's that bad.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Kesper North posted:

Controversial opinion: I don't think she's that bad.

I like that she seems to be having fun?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's fine whenever she doesn't have to act like a badass.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I can totally see where the complaint comes from with her acting, but at the same time... I think it also kinda fits the character, that she's almost trying to act like this hardened badass 24/7 because she was so damaged by what Khlyen put her through at such a young age.

or I'm just making excuses because she was also Sweet Shalquoir in Dark Souls II. :v:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

The lady who plays Dutch is supposed to have a big part in the Ant-Man sequel. Although they aren't saying who she is playing.

Since Killjoys started she's also had a cameo in The Force Awakens, guest spots on Game of Thrones and Black Mirror, and will also be in Ready Player One and the new Tomb Raider movie.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
She's 50% of the reason I don't watch the show, the awful writing is the other 50%.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's a fun show.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Chairman Capone posted:

Since Killjoys started she's also had a cameo in The Force Awakens, guest spots on Game of Thrones and Black Mirror, and will also be in Ready Player One and the new Tomb Raider movie.
She's been on Black Mirror before Killjoys. That season 1 episode with those guys cycling for money.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

She's been on Black Mirror before Killjoys. That season 1 episode with those guys cycling for money.

Huh. I completely missed her in that episode. I think that also makes her the only person to be in more than one Black Mirror episode.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Throw me in the camp that doesn't have any real problem with her performance. But I think I have a generally low bar for Killjoys as its just a fun little show I enjoy.

The non-Ashmore brother is actually the one I have the biggest problem with, and even that I can mostly just shrug off.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

etalian posted:

Killjoys owns

Why?

That's an honest question, never seen an episode. What's it about that makes it fun/good/...

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Pacing is spot on. There's zero stupid relationship drama in the core group. Dialog is tight even if it won't win any awards.

Also, gay warlord turned barkeep Pree.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

double nine posted:

Why?

That's an honest question, never seen an episode. What's it about that makes it fun/good/...

It's cheesy pulpy fun and the cast has great chemistry.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It has a space wizard.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
There's witty banter, the worldbuilding is fun, some of the actors and characters are great, the ones that aren't aren't too annoying, and they take a refreshingly unconventional attitude toward relationships.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Kesper North posted:

There's witty banter, the worldbuilding is fun, some of the actors and characters are great, the ones that aren't aren't too annoying, and they take a refreshingly unconventional attitude toward relationships.

That scene in the scum bar with all the tough criminal dudes telling Davin(?) to never insult his man's mother was amazing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kesper North posted:

Also how many shows have a fabulous warlord?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
So will syfy be relaxing the language censoring on their other shows? Becuase Blood Drive sure is dropping alot of fucks.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

One of the race cars was a Prius.

It absolutely tickles me to think of an electric/blood hybrid.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

JossiRossi posted:

That scene in the scum bar with all the tough criminal dudes telling Davin(?) to never insult his man's mother was amazing.

Loved this.

etalian posted:

Also how many shows have a fabulous warlord?

Also this.

Hell, there's even some open relationship/poly stuff that is handled well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The gently caress?

http://www.syfy.com/happy

quote:

Happy! is based on New York Times best-selling author Grant Morrison and Darick Robertson’s graphic novel of the same name. The series follows Nick Sax (Christopher Meloni, Law & Order: SVU) – an intoxicated, corrupt ex-cop turned hit man – who is adrift in a world of casual murder, soulless sex and betrayal. After a hit gone wrong, his inebriated life is forever changed by a tiny, relentlessly positive, imaginary blue winged horse named Happy (Bobby Moynihan, Saturday Night Live).

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

It's clearly not in any way similar, but whenever I see the title, my mind always goes to More:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCeeTfsm8bk

-----

I haven't had a chance to check out Blood Drive yet. Anyone here catch it last night and want to share thoughts?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Blood Drive is like if you took Z Nation, replaced the zombies with F-bombs and cranked the campiness up to 11.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

hamsystem posted:

Blood Drive is like if you took Z Nation, replaced the zombies with F-bombs and cranked the campiness up to 11.

This is pretty close. They really went all in on the 80s VHS-ness of it too with the way it was filmed.

I actually enjoyed it a lot. Surprised it didn't find a home on El Rey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Alehkhs posted:

It's clearly not in any way similar, but whenever I see the title, my mind always goes to More:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCeeTfsm8bk

-----

I haven't had a chance to check out Blood Drive yet. Anyone here catch it last night and want to share thoughts?

I watched it last night, I thought it was alright. I'll watch the next episode. I feel like it's going to be a show where I don't bother to learn more than half the characters names, but I also don't think it cares much. I like the absurdity of carnivore cars and the fake commercial interstitials.

More critically, I don't think the show has a lot of value. It's schlock for its own sake and doesn't seem terribly self aware about that fact. It revels in gore and gaze and puts characters, usually women, in deeply uncomfortable situations. Worst, if I say that the protagonists have to have sex with each other to save their lives and start talking about questions of consent and portrayal and agency, the show seems like it's going to say to me, "LOL, snowflake cuck."

ZorajitZorajit fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 15, 2017