Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
The only theater in my town was an independent one, and it started going downhill to the point it was about to close. Another small localish chain of about 4 or 5 theaters took it over and remodeled it, and now it's a lot nicer(leather electric recliners!) and still way cheaper than a big chain place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I drove out to the suburbs today and I'm still here and I can see the stars-- I live in the city where it's bright as poo poo, and I haven't seen the stars in over a year. Then I spent like 30 min reading about stars. It is really cool and also made me think of Star Trek, which is also cool. (People probably think I'm nuts standing outside in the middle of the night staring up at the sky and looking at my phone but whatever, I am happy, which is important)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got to watch my uncle walk at graduation for his Master's, also the latest HP update restored my mouse functionality. I'd honestly forgotten how good it felt to mouse-scroll instead of using my laptop's built in little pad-thing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Narrowly avoided a car crash. :woop: Guess you got to collect your insurance money from someone else you reckless redlight running bitch.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
After an agonising week of waiting, we got the results back, and the cancer they found on my dog's spleen is benign!

Last Friday we were tearfully seeing him off to get a CT scan, fully aware that depending on how that went, surgery might not have even been an option, and today we got the call that it is benign. The odds of that were about 30%. :woop:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I just took this photo through my front door. Blurry because it's a 2.5 second handheld shot. I love the northern lights and sometimes I can see them from my house even though I live only a 10 minute drive from the center of a city with a population of 1.3 million. That includes 5 stoplights.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hello friends I saw alien covenant with some family members today and really liked it and had a good burger for dinner. Welp that's my day and I hope all my posting pals in PYF are doing well.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Imperfect Produce ran out of blueberries in my region so they substituted with peaches. I NEVER buy peaches at the store because...well, I don't know, really...but every time I eat one it's so good! I didn't even know I wanted peaches until they showed up. I'm WAY more excited about peaches than blueberries.

And there's kiwi! I can't even remember the last time I had kiwi!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Yesterday was a good day because I called off my tutoring job to attend my mom's naturalization ceremony. After 30 long years, my mom is finally a US citizen. She came to this country with almost nothing and went through a lot, just so that I would have a fighting chance at a better life than the one she got. It's the least she deserves.

We had burgers for dinner that night. That burger tasted like victory.

liz
Nov 4, 2004

Stop listening to the static.

Picnic Princess posted:

I just took this photo through my front door. Blurry because it's a 2.5 second handheld shot. I love the northern lights and sometimes I can see them from my house even though I live only a 10 minute drive from the center of a city with a population of 1.3 million. That includes 5 stoplights.

That is seriously amazing that you can see them from your front door! Where do you live? Northern lights are on my bucket list, but I figured I'd have to go to Iceland or Norway to see them... (Also on bucket list)

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Chris Pratt's mom, Kathy Pratt, just came into my work. She's always so cheery and friendly, that woman brightens my day every time I see her.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Been moving for the last 11 hours but now I'm on a new mattress in our new apartment and Comcast set us up to transfer our service to the new place and I was told I'd have to call to active it after I plugged the cable box into the new place but surprise it worked immediately so now I'm going to poo poo post until I pass out :buddy:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Scathach posted:

Chris Pratt's mom, Kathy Pratt, just came into my work. She's always so cheery and friendly, that woman brightens my day every time I see her.

Knowing this explains a lot about Chris Pratt. He seems like such a friendly, upbeat dude.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My silver status on Delta got me and my husband upgraded to Comfort+. While at the gate, we were upgraded further to first class! It was a tiny little plane and only an hour flight, but awesome nonetheless. I'd never gotten a complimentary upgrade before. :)

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
There was free ice cream at work.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

liz posted:

That is seriously amazing that you can see them from your front door! Where do you live? Northern lights are on my bucket list, but I figured I'd have to go to Iceland or Norway to see them... (Also on bucket list)

I live in Calgary, Alberta. 51 degrees north. If conditions are right, we can see them, it happens pretty frequently. But I came here to post that last night they appeared again, and it was THE BEST I have EVER seen! I made a bit of a time lapse from my front yard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHbzMumWDc

There's a misconception that the aurora only appears during winter. What's really happening is just a bigger window of opportunity due to longer nights. Right now we only have night from 11 p.m. until 4 a.m. with perpetual astronomical twilight on the north horizon, so if conditions are best for a 10 p.m. or 4 a.m. show, we wouldn't see it while in winter we would since night lasts from 5 p.m. until 7 a.m.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Because they won't replace a retiree, there is overtime everyday with no end in sight. I'm pulling in an extra $700 a paycheck. When vacations starts next month I'll be doing even more.

I'm in the last 3 yrs before I'm eligible for my pension. My pension will be based on my highest consecutive 3 years.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Today I got to watch my dog Wharrgarbl himself at the splash pad for the first time (and even made that exact sound). He's normally dislikes water being sprayed at him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Astrofig posted:

There was free ice cream at work.

A moment on the lips forever on the hips

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Saw some baby ducks. Also several masterworks of paintings, but the ducks were what really made it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

oldpainless posted:

A moment on the lips forever on the hips

More like oldjoyless

I had no plans for Memorial Day so I opted to work at time-and-half for a seven hour shift. Working today alone will pay for three of my bills and once it's all done I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm still going to barbecue with a glass of whiskey permanently affixed to my right hand :getin:

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thecluckmeme posted:

More like oldjoyless

I had no plans for Memorial Day so I opted to work at time-and-half for a seven hour shift. Working today alone will pay for three of my bills and once it's all done I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm still going to barbecue with a glass of whiskey permanently affixed to my right hand :getin:

Love it. It's like being paid extra just to be in the office with no supervision. Hours spent playin DOOM on laptop, sucking down Hazlenut coffees & just answer the phones while browsing eBay.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Had lunch with the fiancée, then I got lost and ended up in North Carolina again. I'm now sitting in the sun on the water, with the most perfect breeze blowing. The only thing that would make this better is if my gf were here too.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Got my tickets to the draft house showing of Predator next week

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Added chickpeas to my pasta sauce. I'm very happy. They're so good.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I saw Predator and hell thats good enough for me to count a day as awesome

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Had lunch with the fiancée, then I got lost and ended up in North Carolina again. I'm now sitting in the sun on the water, with the most perfect breeze blowing. The only thing that would make this better is if my gf were here too.

If your fiancée's there you may not want to bring the girlfriend around...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My ankle is sprained and I was grumpy so I ordered Chinese food through Skip the Dishes, but they sent the wrong order and I was overcharged. I contacted them and now they're redoing my order free of charge, so hooray for getting $20 of free extra Chinese food! I hope whoever got my order gets the same.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Got Qdoba after work today.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yesterday I had a headache all day and generally felt lovely, and I had to get up early this morning so I thought it was going to be another terrible day, but actually I feel great and I've got everything done I needed to before lunch time and now I'm eating a delicious sandwich.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Pipistrelle posted:

If your fiancée's there you may not want to bring the girlfriend around...

Nah everyone knows and is happy with the arrangement. The fiancée did have to go back to work though, so she wasn't there.

Today we went to the safari park, and I became best friends with a llama named Charlemagne and a bull elk dubbed Hagrid. It was really really cool.

http://imgur.com/a/NqN78

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Because I've just completed a 24 hour charity archery shoot for MacMillan.

Personally raised over £800 by shooting 720 arrows over a 24 hour period. The team of six archers look to have raised over £2.5k for MacMillan. So tired but so chuffed.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I start my three day weekend today, I packed up most of my stuff, Father's day is tomorrow, and I get to watch wrestling tomorrow.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-
Just spent the past three days doing a motorcycle course in the sweltering heat, wrapped up in riding gear on a hot bike sweating my rear end off and being mentally blasted with riding knowledge and techniques.

And it was awesome.

Plus, I passed the final exam so today is especially loving awesome.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My kinesiology tape arrived, need to tape both knees and both ankles because I was born faulty and might also have Lyme disease, but it should help with the pain and instability!

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My computer is no longer stuck at 100% brightness and my wi-fi is working again! :woop:

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Got a roommate (finally), and got a couple weeks worth of rent.

It's cool, as we have a surplus of new apartments and it's kinda hard to get long term renters atm.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just discovered that my paid-for hot water doesn't run out--it has a period of 5 minutes where it's cooler, then becomes normally warm again

I am in heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My laptop has gone from being unusably crashy to not even crashing the once a day it used to, with basically no input from me. :iiam:, but hell if I'm complaining.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 16:22 on Jun 19, 2017