Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Guy better watch out, his surname is Khan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

EwokEntourage posted:

there's no dates provided in the article, so what do you base this on?

Basic research skills.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Even the FBI has bought into our "nothing matters lol" gimmick.

So when we joke about the FBI reading this thread, it's more like "half the posters in this thread are actually deep cover FBI agents"

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

awesmoe posted:

it has been a long sad day and for some reason (not sure why?) seeing pictures of this guy

cheers me up

How does every single wall frame fail to be level with anything else?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
no emolument no emolument you're the emolument.

https://twitter.com/joshledermanap/status/874996258540224513

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Talking Points Memo has been a very good read for the last few months. (And longer)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-wapo-obstruction-blockbuster-and-the-world-of-hurt-to-come

quote:

As I said, a basic perusal of business in the Trump world makes clear that serious legal scrutiny would turn up no end of problems. Just consider what was from a financial perspective, a tiny island in the Trump archipelago of mischief, The Trump Foundation which David Fahrenthold did so much with. Almost every rock Fahrenthold overturned exposed some self-dealing, at least legal violations and often real wrongdoing and as much as anything a wild level of sloppiness and indifference to doing business like even semi-honest people. From one perspective it’s hard to say Trump knowingly broke the law with the Foundation since the whole conduct of the Foundation seemed to be carried on as though none of the relevant laws even existed. Again, the Foundation was just a sideline for Trump. It’s not where he made his big money and ran off from his biggest obligations. That’s how they do business.

If Mueller is taking a serious prosecutor’s lens to Trump’s financial world and the financial worlds of Michael Cohen, Paul Manafort, Mike Flynn and numerous others, there’s going to be a world of hurt for a lot of people. And that is if no meaningful level of 2016 election collusion even happened.

And I don’t think that’s true.

He's got a good point. If David Fahrenthold could demolish the Trump Foundation with a notepad and Twitter crowd-sourcing, then a former FBI director with an unlimited budget and subpoena power will wreck Trumps entire world.

sharkbomb fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 15, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Subvisual Haze posted:

Life in surreality.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Subvisual Haze posted:

The Unadoctor.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At least it's not as transparent as this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-14/julie-bishop-questioned-over-chinese-donors-foundation/8618288

quote:

The furore over Chinese donations has erupted in Federal Parliament after the Foreign Minister denied knowing a Chinese donor had set up a company called the "Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation".

Labor backbencher Matt Keogh questioned Ms Bishop about Chinese mining magnate Sally Zou setting up the foundation.

"Does the Minister seriously expect the house to believe a Liberal donor who she knows well set up a company in the Minister's name, the Julie Bishop Glorious Foundation, but never raised it with her on the many occasions that they met?" Mr Keogh asked.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So a guy shoots up a Republican ball-game practice, severely wounds one of the admittedly most evil people in the House, everyone braces for a reasonable Republican backlash...

Only for Donald to loving torpedo that story and take the lime-light within hours again. The guy's aura knocked a story about a sitting member of Congress (however much a ghoulish rear end in a top hat) being shot, one of the few bits of gun violence that would actually create news in this jaded day and age, out of the news cycle within, what, four hours? Have we finally loving reached Cheeto Sky levels of constant Trump scandals, or have we not seen anything yet?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

farraday posted:

Basic research skills.

you said he left end of april.
washpo and cnn says trump spoke to rogers sometime after march 20. so 40 days when it could have happened

washpo also says

quote:

Trump’s conversation with Rogers was documented contemporaneously in an internal memo written by a senior NSA official, according to the officials.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...820a_story.html

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

:golfclap:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/875191084569284608

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

sharkbomb posted:

Talking Points Memo has been a very good read for the last few months. (And longer)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-wapo-obstruction-blockbuster-and-the-world-of-hurt-to-come

He's got a good point. If David Fahrenthold could demolish the Trump Foundation with a notepad and Twitter crowd-sourcing, then a former FBI director with an unlimited budget and subpoena power will wreck Trumps entire world.

trumps saving grace may be that the total amount of crimes uncovered may not be believable. like, too many to comprehend.

consider: mueller finds evidence of over 3500 crimes and statutes broken by trump, directly. what the gently caress does anyone do with that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alkydere posted:

Have we finally loving reached Cheeto Sky levels of constant Trump scandals, or have we not seen anything yet?

I just want to point out that "Cheeto Sky" and whichever one of us coined that term is a loving genius and you all should read Seveneves.

skylined! posted:

trumps saving grace may be that the total amount of crimes uncovered may not be believable. like, too many to comprehend.

consider: mueller finds evidence of over 3500 crimes and statutes broken by trump, directly. what the gently caress does anyone do with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI0euMFAWF8

"I am indestructible"
-Donald J. Trump

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

This is very likely one of the greatest self owns of all time.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Google Butt posted:

This is very likely one of the greatest self owns of all time.

https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/status/794255968448020480

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tucker Carlson tried to give an earnest imploring that the only person responsible for the shooting was the shooter tonight

I like that Hannity was like right after his segment, blaming liberal fascism. I don't think viewers are supposed to scrutinize that juxtaposition

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

EwokEntourage posted:

washpo and cnn says trump spoke to rogers sometime after march 20. so 40 days when it could have happened

Yes? Is there a part of this you're failing to understand?

One thing of note in this is this paragraph from the Post story.

quote:

Trump’s conversation with Rogers was documented contemporaneously in an internal memo written by a senior NSA official, according to the officials. It is unclear if a similar memo was prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to document Trump’s conversation with Coats. Officials said such memos could be made available to both the special counsel now overseeing the Russia investigation and congressional investigators, who might explore whether Trump sought to impede the FBI’s work.

Rick Ledgett is the unnamed senior NSA official and was probably reached out to to confirm the story. Certainly the article references a former NSA official, which Ledgett would have been by that time (the story dropped late May). It would be interesting given his public statements Russia Interference to know if if he did cooperate with the story.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

TARDISman posted:

I thought that was "Says who" guy.

Man, one of the things that really bums me out about Trump winning, is that that guy was right. :(

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alkydere posted:

So a guy shoots up a Republican ball-game practice, severely wounds one of the admittedly most evil people in the House, everyone braces for a reasonable Republican backlash...

Only for Donald to loving torpedo that story and take the lime-light within hours again. The guy's aura knocked a story about a sitting member of Congress (however much a ghoulish rear end in a top hat) being shot, one of the few bits of gun violence that would actually create news in this jaded day and age, out of the news cycle within, what, four hours? Have we finally loving reached Cheeto Sky levels of constant Trump scandals, or have we not seen anything yet?

We ain't seen nothing yet.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

EwokEntourage posted:

washpo also says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...820a_story.html

April is after March my dude

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I legit wish I had a time machine, go to the future and just redbox all the biopics and documentaries that come out of this

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
This entire administration is one long self-own.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Alkydere posted:

Closing in on the Cheeto singularity. Early estimates point towards acceleration increasing exponentially as we approach.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

This entire administration is one long self-own.

It's just taking its sweet-rear end time to reach a climax.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Calaveron posted:

I legit wish I had a time machine, go to the future and just redbox all the biopics and documentaries that come out of this

Redbox feels like the last company that would exist in the far future

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I remember thinking to myself, back on November 1st or so, 'You know, once he loses this thing, Trump is hosed.' Because he's always been rich, but never actually been important. And I was thinking 'This guy is going to lose to someone they spent 30 years slandering and take down their party, the knives are going to come out for him in a way he never imagined possible'.

Looks like that's still a'comin'.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Night10194 posted:

I remember thinking to myself, back on November 1st or so, 'You know, once he loses this thing, Trump is hosed.' Because he's always been rich, but never actually been important. And I was thinking 'This guy is going to lose to someone they spent 30 years slandering and take down their party, the knives are going to come out for him in a way he never imagined possible'.

Looks like that's still a'comin'.

A lot of poo poo is going to come out and go down. The party is probably going to pin as much of it as they can on Trump to direct it away from themselves. That way they can say "see? Wasn't us! Trump is an outsider! Blame him."

The best thing for the GOP would have been a Hillary win.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Anything with the word "Red" in it is probably safe in the future world of the GOPutin.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

In the grim far future, there are only rentals.

Technically the red on the box would get them returned faster :shrug:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Narrow Hillary win or crushing Trump win (and Trump somehow turning out to be competent like the idiots think he is) were what the GOP needed. Instead, they got this goddamn mess. Narrow Trump Win or Crushing Clinton Win were the two things that were not going to be good for them, especially not with the degree to which the country seems to be coming round to 'Oh wow, he really is that loving stupid and awful'.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

A lot of poo poo is going to come out and go down. The party is probably going to pin as much of it as they can on Trump to direct it away from themselves. That way they can say "see? Wasn't us! Trump is an outsider! Blame him."

The best thing for the GOP would have been a Hillary win.

agreed, with control of senate and house, they could have stopped her from doing literally anything and then won hard in 2018 and harder in 2020.

Instead, they are in the awkward position of stopping themselves from doing anything while their president fucks around

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's like how Healthcare had been a huge win for them for 8 years until they were asked to actually present their plan.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Night10194 posted:

It's like how Healthcare had been a huge win for them for 8 years until they were asked to actually present their plan.

I feel like this is as much an indictment of the voters as it is the GOP

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

OctaMurk posted:

agreed, with control of senate and house, they could have stopped her from doing literally anything and then won hard in 2018 and harder in 2020.

Instead, they are in the awkward position of stopping themselves from doing anything while their president fucks around

They could have also just passed whatever they wanted knowing that Hillary would veto a lot of it then just say "Hillary hates America! She keeps preventing us from doing these things that would totally usher in a conservative utopia!" Meanwhile business as usual would go on and the rich would keep pillaging everything in the background. They could just have totally shut off the federal government again.

Now that they're in total control they have to actually loving do things knowing that their promises are impossible, impractical, or things that would never work as promised. Working as intended sure but as promised? No. Plus they're splitting into factions; how many senators are refusing healthcare laws simply because they aren't cruel enough? They need to appease the crazies to get anything done and the crazies are walking around with a gas can demanding a match.

Meanwhile with Trump as president he's under insane levels of scrutiny and all the bullshit is coming out. Turns out that the GOP isn't totally clean in the situation if for no other reason than rallying behind him. Turns out they've probably been supporting a literal traitor on top of a guy that is despicable in basically every way you can think of. He's a failure of a businessman and just an all around utter poo poo bag. There are probably people in the innermost Republican machine that knows they are going to be hosed when more poo poo comes out but they can't just go and disband the entire agencies investigating things without looking terrible. Who the hell knows what they can possibly do to get out of this mess.

If nothing else, if the whole Russia thing turns out to be nothing more than a huge wet fart, they've exposed themselves for the power-hungry, heartless, lying frauds that they are.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Man, gently caress Sean Hannity.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Man, gently caress Sean Hannity.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/875178227974770688

:D

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

That's good Louis... we got arrested at night :downs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_th4Xe6Dsm4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

What about the congressional aid?

• Locked thread