Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

congrats, never watch episode 1 or 2

episode 1 and 2, are insanely boring

Episode 1 is honestly a decent movie. It just doesn't deserve to be called Star Wars because it's really not a Star Wars movie.

Episode 2 is hot trash though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The little arc that just ended was pretty nice. It's not nearly as good as Shirobako and I dunno what that other one is but it rounded out into a pretty satisfying setting

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
People should watch Hanasaku Iroha

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Star Wars? More like Blah Wars, amirite.

I am right. My daughter described them perfectly thus: "It's like Haruhi Suzumiya. Everyone was talking about how awesome they were and at the end you're like. 'Oh, well that was fun. Do you want to get Chinese or Hindu?'"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

There are two good star wars movies now

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Knorth posted:

People should watch Hanasaku Iroha

I'm honestly surprised how much it seems to have slipped by pretty much everyone considering how good it is.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh its on crunchyroll you should have said

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

AnoHito posted:

Episode 1 is honestly a decent movie. It just doesn't deserve to be called Star Wars because it's really not a Star Wars movie.

episode 1 is an entire movie of qui gon jinn being a loving idiot

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

x

x

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when they are preparing the haunted house in bakemonogatari they paint a big mural of jumbo tsuruta but when the haunted house is opened for the fair, he has been replaced by stan hansen

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the third star wars prequel is the secret worst one because it introduces the SECURITY HOLOGRAMS that have apparently been running 24/7 in palpatine's office lol

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

The little arc that just ended was pretty nice. It's not nearly as good as Shirobako and I dunno what that other one is but it rounded out into a pretty satisfying setting
Hanasaku Iroha is like Oregairu. But Hikki is a girl. And also has a Persona 4 crossover. And your parents are weird. But not really! Also your grandma is cool. And slightly foxy (it's because how cool she looks smoking that kiseru). And boys can be dreamy!

Or something.

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh its on crunchyroll you should have said
Yeah, just watch it.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I was sad I missed the nitecrew streams of Star Wars prequels but now I got to see episode III: Revenge of the Sith and laugh at it with my friends and now I am even more bewildered that CD thinks the prequels are a Marxist-Leninist masterpiece

To be fair, CD thinks that about all movies.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

episode 1 is an entire movie of qui gon jinn being a loving idiot

He wasn't that stupid, he just didn't think there would be something that could actually be a credible threat to a Jedi Knight. You could almost say his overconfidence was his weakness.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Wark Say posted:

Anywhere near Hanasaku Iroha or Shirobako levels?

I wouldn't rate Sakura Quest as highly as either of those, so I suppose no, but it's a different flavor of show and overall I'm enjoying it. Quest is more laid-back and slow paced, with less serious drama than Hanasaku and less "real life kicks the characters' asses" than Shirobako.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AnoHito posted:

He wasn't that stupid, he just didn't think there would be something that could actually be a credible threat to a Jedi Knight. You could almost say his overconfidence was his weakness.

remember when he thought the queen of naboo was a servant girl for like 90 minutes. why even have mind tricks

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Wark Say posted:

Hanasaku Iroha is like Oregairu. But Hikki is a girl. And also has a Persona 4 crossover. And your parents are weird. But not really! Also your grandma is cool. And slightly foxy (it's because how cool she looks smoking that kiseru). And boys can be dreamy!

Or something.

Yeah, just watch it.

The grandma is also a very powerful and efficient bather

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the first episode of iroha is called It's Spring, I'm 16, and I'm Still a Bud which sounds like something funny a lauren lapkus character would say

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Sakura Quest is a really slow burn, and the characters haven't hooked as strongly as Hanasaku Iroha or Shirobako. That said, it's been growing on me, and Shiori is the best Sakura

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

skirt-chan is best. is there an honorific for monarchs

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Allarion posted:

Sakura Quest is a really slow burn, and the characters haven't hooked as strongly as Hanasaku Iroha or Shirobako. That said, it's been growing on me, and Shiori is the best Sakura

This is basically where I'm at, only my interest has been waning instead of growing.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Just watched the latest LWA, and... the feels.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey zep is in this show

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

skirt-chan is best. is there an honorific for monarchs

Pretty sure they just use "Ou" (King) or "Joou" (Queen)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Pretty sure they just use "Ou" (King) or "Joou" (Queen)

Or "Ou/Joou-sama." I certainly feel like I've seen some evil emperor referred to as "Badguy-Ou-sama," at least.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this show is mean

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Super No Vacancy posted:

is there an honorific for monarchs

http://i.imgur.com/a9TIbvL.gifv

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Palpatine is honestly up there as one of the best parts of all Star Wars.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Palpatine is honestly up there as one of the best parts of all Star Wars.

His performance in Episode 3 almost single-handedly makes up for how tremendously bored everyone else looks through the whole trilogy. He's having such a goddamn good time.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Good but missing Natsumi's return salute.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm in.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:3:

I'm looking forward to the new Non Non Biyori anime

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What's that cute comic?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/original_mikanuji_yuri

From the Now Loading person.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcsVQB1NAA

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hmm hmm... it's a cute little comic.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Episode III is the only prequel I've seen in its entirety, I saw it with my friend who is a huge Star Wars fan on his birthday. He seemed disappointed but I thought it was alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

That night everyone took turns playing GTA 3 and we'd switch to another player every time someone died. Recalling powerful memories tonight

• Locked thread