Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

farraday posted:

Yes? Is there a part of this you're failing to understand?

One thing of note in this is this paragraph from the Post story.

Rick Ledgett is the unnamed senior NSA official and was probably reached out to to confirm the story. Certainly the article references a former NSA official, which Ledgett would have been by that time (the story dropped late May). It would be interesting given his public statements Russia Interference to know if if he did cooperate with the story.

oh you said "He was already retiring by the time the request would have happened." but i read it as he was already retired, in that he would not have been there for the event. so my bad

Google Butt posted:

April is after March my dude
thanks chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

What'd the dudes (or ladies, but probably dudes) end up saying?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Any news on Christopher Wray? Remember a couple of months ago, when Trump named a replacement for Comey, four years after he fired him?

That seems like a story that just got swallowed in the turmoil.

How long does confirming an FBI director usually take?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Where have I heard this one before?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

axeil posted:

Even the FBI has bought into our "nothing matters lol" gimmick.

So when we joke about the FBI reading this thread, it's more like "half the posters in this thread are actually deep cover FBI agents"

We're CIA agents get it right.

edit:

The Chickpea Fucker repeated used the nickname Tiller the Baby Killer untill Dr. Tiller was murdered.

Also Chickpea Fucker doesn't believe in the moon.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 15, 2017

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

glowing-fish posted:

Any news on Christopher Wray? Remember a couple of months ago, when Trump named a replacement for Comey, four years after he fired him?

Goodness, has it really been that long

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PhazonLink posted:

How does that happen

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

RZApublican posted:

How does that happen

The moon is where those luney liberals come from.

Like moogles.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RZApublican posted:

How does that happen

have you ever been there

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

RZApublican posted:

How does that happen

You can't explain it.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Pre-Trump, but GOP perfidy:

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/875125700411277313

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

holy poo poo

http://www.live5news.com/clip/13413957/coast-guard-fbi-investigating-report-of-dirty-bomb-on-ship-at-wando-terminal

https://twitter.com/USCGSoutheast/status/875203749500866560

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Deeply disturbing if true

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The hits just keep coming, today!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Hannity didn't want to blame Bernie so apparently parts of my Twitter feed are having a Beck-esque "Hannity good actually" period that'll hopefully be short.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Hannity didn't want to blame Bernie so apparently parts of my Twitter feed are having a Beck-esque "Hannity good actually" period that'll hopefully be short.

He'll be like Megyn Kelly except Hannity also can't help himself and will poo poo over himself way way faster

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hoo boy. Here comes some rational and reasonable responses from our wise and judicious President.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Hannity is a dirty bomb of bad ideas poorly delivered.

gently caress him forever, and tell you friends as much.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Alkydere posted:

So a guy shoots up a Republican ball-game practice, severely wounds one of the admittedly most evil people in the House, everyone braces for a reasonable Republican backlash...

Only for Donald to loving torpedo that story and take the lime-light within hours again. The guy's aura knocked a story about a sitting member of Congress (however much a ghoulish rear end in a top hat) being shot, one of the few bits of gun violence that would actually create news in this jaded day and age, out of the news cycle within, what, four hours? Have we finally loving reached Cheeto Sky levels of constant Trump scandals, or have we not seen anything yet?
The only thing better than a Republican Congressman in critical condition after being shot by a crazed gunman, is a Republican Congressman in critical condition after being shot by a crazed gunman and no one cares.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The previous location of the MAERSK MEMPHIS was NYC, so it seems strange that a dirty bomb would skip NYC and head to Charleston instead.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Some Youtube comspiracy theorist called this in, so take it with more than a grain of salt.

quote:

Capt. Greg Stump, commander for Coast Guard Sector Charleston, says local, state and federal authorities are all on scene investigating the threat, and employees have been evacuated.

According to Capt. Stump, a YouTube “conspiracy theorist” has made a claim about a threat aboard a ship in the port, and authorities are investigating out of an abundance of caution.
Here you go, the source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-EUz5JeFQ

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 15, 2017

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

quote:

Capt. Greg Stump, the commander for the Coast Guard sector in Charleston, said a number of law enforcement agencies are on the scene. He said a YouTube “conspiracy theorist” made a claim about a threat on board one of the ships, ABCNews4.com reported.

Wonder who

George someone maybe? Anyone recognize him?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-EUz5JeFQ

Beaten twice lol

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 15, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
gently caress. I have friends that live near that port. I really hope it is just a hoax.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Like I said this morning this attack will mark a scene change in how the right speaks about Democrats and that there will now be an active campaign to dehumanize all groups associated with the left. America is heading down a dark path now and there is nothing any of us can do but buckle in and hold the gently caress on for dear life.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Remind them he's a little bitch that chickened out of getting waterboarded to prove that waterboarding was no big deal.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

So what you're saying is, social media is messing with civil society ... again.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I think the_Donald reaction to Bernie was a bit of the "mask slippage" we've been talking about. Up until now I think they've been treating him like an honest politician done wrong by the Evil Abuela, even if they don't agree with his politics.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 15, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PhazonLink posted:

Also Chickpea Fucker doesn't believe in is hated for questioning the origins of the moon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I got into it with some rear end in a top hat today about left-wing violence. He's really got his finger on the pulse of rwm.

He told me all of the political violence in America is the fault of the left. After I explained to him that that is nonsense and bullshit, he told me all of the murders stacked up on "the left"

Including, the Dallas BLM shooter
The Baltimore dude who shot 2 new york cops
THE OREGON TRAIN GUY (Bernie Bro edition)
He then complained about poo poo like the Berkley riot, where deaths weren't a thing.

Ignoring the fact that none of those were political slayings of left vs right, the first two were retaliation against police, and the 3rd was a racist assault that ended in blood (and the guy was an avid trump supporter and white supremacist).

I then counter by enumerating all of the violent and aggressive protests of right wing militia groups, like the assholes on the bridge using their families as human shields while aiming their guns as police. Or the dipshits who took over a federal building in Oregon. Each time, using threat of force against peace officers. Then you get down to the Alexander Bisonettes, Wade Michael Pages, and Dylann Roofs of the world...

We wind our way through the conversation and he sums it up thusly: Conservative people are under attack by the left. Their assaults and shootings would continue as they had before.

I asked him, simply, "Shootings continue? What right-wing anyone has been killed by a leftist?"

... He couldn't think of ANYONE, so he just said, "I mean things would escalate!"

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 15, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dylan Roof tried to start RaHoWa.

NO MORE BABY PARTS guy was clearly politically motivated.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

Remind them he's a little bitch that chickened out of getting waterboarded to prove that waterboarding was no big deal.

I wonder if the joke in Archer where the CIA agent waterboards him because he skipped out on that part of training and acts like it's no big deal and he's all crying later on is a reference to that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

Dylan Roof tried to start RaHoWa.

NO MORE BABY PARTS guy was clearly politically motivated.

He was a whackjob who bought Hannity's dumbass narrative that he never assumed would lead to violence.

He should have been sued the bajesus and back for inciting that situation. Dude yelled dead-baby-parts-seller in a theater full of right-wing gun nuts who believe life begins at conception.

It's your loving fault, Sean.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rebel Blob posted:

Some Youtube comspiracy theorist called this in, so take it with more than a grain of salt.

Here you go, the source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj-EUz5JeFQ

It would be very impressive if someone managed to pack a ship with even a single kt of explosives.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Chilichimp posted:

I got into it with some rear end in a top hat today about left-wing violence. He's really got his finger on the pulse of rwm.

He told me all of the political violence in America is the fault of the left. After I explained to him that that is nonsense and bullshit, he told me all of the murders stacked up on "the left"

He then complained about poo poo like the Berkley riot, where deaths weren't a thing.

Ignoring the fact that none of those were political slayings of left vs right, the first two were retaliation against police, and the 3rd was a racist assault that ended in blood (and the guy was an avid trump supporter and white supremacist).

I then counter by enumerating all of the violent and aggressive protests of right wing militia groups, like the assholes on the bridge using their families as human shields while aiming their guns as police. Or the dipshits who took over a federal building in Oregon. Each time, using threat of force against peace officers. Then you get down to the Alexander Bisonettes, Wade Michael Pages, and Dylann Roofs of the world...

We wind our way through the conversation and he sums it up thusly: Conservative people are under attack by the left. Their assaults and shootings would continue as they had before.

I asked him, simply, "Shootings continue? What right-wing anyone has been killed by a leftist?"

... He couldn't think of ANYONE, so he just said, "I mean things would escalate!"

There's not a lot of point in debating with people who are emotionally involved and entrenched like this. The odds are long against you in changing his mind.

Whenever I debate now I try to have other people around said conversation to convince them or just talk to them directly as their minds usually aren't made up, or at least they aren't as heavily entrenched.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/USCGSoutheast/status/875210294326247424

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Night10194 posted:

I mean, if they want sympathy maybe they shouldn't have mocked Obama for being able to be devastated by 20 children being murdered.

Wait, they're crying cause a pro-gun whip got shot in the hip? Seriously? Not for the poo poo that they are doing or the scandals they are under, but they're falling to pieces cause someone on their team actually got attacked?

PhazonLink posted:

We're CIA agents get it right.

edit:

The Chickpea Fucker repeated used the nickname Tiller the Baby Killer untill Dr. Tiller was murdered.

No, that was O'Reilly. "Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that."

Prester Jane posted:

Like I said this morning this attack will mark a scene change in how the right speaks about Democrats and that there will now be an active campaign to dehumanize all groups associated with the left. America is heading down a dark path now and there is nothing any of us can do but buckle in and hold the gently caress on for dear life.
Name one time Republicans weren't dehumanizing when talking about Democrats at any point after 2006. Hell, Eric Trump literally said last week "Democrats are not people".

Chilichimp posted:

So you've drilled down to him having a persecution complex. Have you actually asked him why he is in a constant state of paranoia and feels that he is the victim of everyone else?

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Prester Jane posted:

He said that before the shooting.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, they're crying cause a pro-gun whip got shot in the hip? Seriously? Not for the poo poo that they are doing or the scandals they are under, but they're falling to pieces cause someone on their team actually got attacked?

If anything, they should be ecstatic that he got to be so close to the guns he's loved his whole life! :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I'm hearing it's nothing. Details smell like they were made up by an idiot. Some reports are saying it was made up by a YouTube conspiracy theorist.

• Locked thread