Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'm listening to Tuesdays ufc unfiltered podcast and jim norton said "if dana's ever lied, I've never caught him." That got a chuckle out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
let's bang, bro

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/875086514631450627

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Didn't see the new thread.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm listening to Tuesdays ufc unfiltered podcast and jim norton said "if dana's ever lied, I've never caught him." That got a chuckle out of me.

"What? No the UFC isn't for sale, gently caress off out of here with that talk"

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
edit: didnt see thread

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
According to a Dana White video on facebook right now, Conor is going to defend his belt later this year. Huh.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

According to a Dana White video on facebook right now, Conor is going to defend his belt later this year. Huh.

I'm sure since this is the 1,000th time Dana's said that Conor's next fight will be a title defense that it will be true this time.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Maybe the NYE card? But unlikely.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
According to a recent facebook post by Dana White, I guess appearently he's actually NOT owned, but is transforming into a corncob.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/875152114481324032

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
we only set up the fights that make the most money if it's to pay off debt

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I mean at least one or both of Dana and Conor went on the record some time back saying that Conor's plan for the year was the Mayweather fight and then one UFC fight, so it's not exactly news. Can't recall if they specified it would be a title defense, though. Personally I'd love to see a rubber match with Diaz, even though he's four spots back in the rankings. TFerg legitimately deserves a shot, obviously; but Khabib can go gently caress himself, Alvarez already got clowned and who gives a poo poo about dos Anjos.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
If khabib can avoid getting punched 5 times I believe he could win against conor. Tferg deserves the fight imo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this giant break and a boxing match against floyd and he still fights way more than khabib

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They call him "Money" Mayweather, because he's spent.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dos Anjos is fighting Saffiedine at 170lbs.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

They call him "Money" Mayweather, because he's spent.

It's all gold. Someone get this guy a belt.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Skip My Posts posted:

this giant break and a boxing match against floyd and he still fights way more than khabib

It's actually pretty funny that Connor barely fights now and is doing cartoonish nonsense mostly & he's still much more active & fighting better fighters than khabib. Also I don't know if khabib stopped calling ransoms out every six seconds or if people just stopped reporting on it here but either way I'm in favor

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wowie lot of auto corrects in that one folks.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Noctone posted:

I mean at least one or both of Dana and Conor went on the record some time back saying that Conor's plan for the year was the Mayweather fight and then one UFC fight, so it's not exactly news. Can't recall if they specified it would be a title defense, though. Personally I'd love to see a rubber match with Diaz, even though he's four spots back in the rankings. TFerg legitimately deserves a shot, obviously; but Khabib can go gently caress himself, Alvarez already got clowned and who gives a poo poo about dos Anjos.

Tony, who last fought in November and fought twice last year, deserves the shot. Khabib, who last fought in November and fought twice last year, can gently caress off.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yeah, that's how everyone feels.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

Tony, who last fought in November and fought twice last year, deserves the shot. Khabib, who last fought in November and fought twice last year, can gently caress off.

This but unironicly

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

Same

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Yeah, that's how everyone feels.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I just want to see Khabib fight again.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Looten Plunder posted:

I just want to see Khabib fight again.

He's been demoted to the bear league.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The TUF fight was pretty good tonight

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'm just really glad Khabib didn't get the title shot, since we would have ended up with a champion who never fought or defended their belt.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I've been working in the wilderness for the last two months or so. Can anyone recommend me some of the better fights to check out on fight pass in that time?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm just really glad Khabib didn't get the title shot, since we would have ended up with a champion who never fought or defended their belt.

Tony would have won

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Cody calling TJ out for gyno nipples during the prank war was eyebrow raising, but there was obvious no explanation for casual (?) viewers.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

Snowman_McK posted:

I see what you did there.

Ferguson is almost certainly most deserving, but I have an irrational dislike of him. Gimme Barboza instead.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

Yeah, it's one of his defining characteristics. Jim and Matt really don't seem to follow MMA that much except on a surface level, so I think of them as being ignorant as opposed to being straight shills for the UFC. It is frustrating, though. The episode made me think of poo poo like Dana threatening to cut all of AKA if they didn't sign over their likeness rights for all of eternity.
Also, if no one gives a poo poo about DJ or TJ separately, what's their logic in assuming casual fans will care when they're fighting each other?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Ferguson is almost certainly most deserving, but I have an irrational dislike of him. Gimme Barboza instead.

Hell yeah just rematch Barboza and Ferg

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FishBowlRobot posted:

Yeah, it's one of his defining characteristics. Jim and Matt really don't seem to follow MMA that much except on a surface level, so I think of them as being ignorant as opposed to being straight shills for the UFC.

Matt Serra is a former UFC champion and actively trains some of the most talented MMA fighters on the planet. I think he might just follow MMA closely.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The only thing Matt Serra follows closely is ice cream truck music.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

Tony would have won

Well, it's his turn to pull out when their fight is next announced, so the opinion pendulum will probably swing back.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

He's kind of weird looking. It's the Max Holloway effect. I still can't quite get my head around the fact that that goofy looking fucker is a legit incredible fighter.

Speaking of T-Ferg though, that fight with RDA is loving amazing. They fight drat near full speed the whole time, at altitude, and by the end they've still got a bunch in the tank and still haven't fully figured each other out. I mean, Tony won, but it could have gone a few more rounds to settle it.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
RDA also got eye poked real bad in I think round 2? He was looking great until then. Similarly Barboza got illegally upkicked real bad in the first. Both those fights could have gone quite differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

The only thing Matt Serra follows closely is ice cream truck music.

lmfao

• Locked thread