Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Look at what the new Inner West Council has been up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

That Hobart spike ffs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
You'd think we'd have better or st least new toppings to argue over.

What about those nutella doughnuts over a milkshake? Seems pretty fuckin bourgeois to me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bogan King posted:

first trackless trams now this

they're called BUSES

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Bogan King posted:

You should scan this so we can edit it.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Zenithe posted:

You should scan this so we can edit it.

Not my pic, if you have a facebook thing you can ask the dude who posted it. Or you could just edit that pic.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/elizabethredman/status/875178012391624704

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Nein News posted:

Leaked audio reveals Malcolm Turnbull roasting Donald Trump over 'fake polls' and Russia

Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull isn't known for being a comedian but he tried some daring Donald Trump material on a room of journalists in Canberra last night.

He gave a tongue-in-cheek speech at Parliament House's annual Mid Winter Ball, which Nine's Political Editor Laurie Oakes has decided to reveal.

Usually the prime minister's address is off the record, but Oakes - who did not attend the dinner and does not believe reporting should be banned at events hosted by journalists - is making it public.

In leaked audio, Mr Turnbull is heard making fun of his meeting with the president in New York last month.

"It was beautiful. It was the most beautiful putting-me-at-ease ever," he jokes. 

He even does a Donald Trump impersonation.

"The Donald and I, we are winning and winning in the polls. We are winning so much, we are winning, we are winning like we have never won before," he says. 

Audio in link.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Hobo Erotica posted:

Anyway I'm just trying to understand the hate and nothing has really stood up so far,
There was a time before when an argument had pros and cons. In the online environment you have: Making a spectacle of yourself (content provider)[A] or denouncing other posters [B]. There are no other tenable positions. Defending ANYTHING just makes you a target of [B] as you have actually become an [A]. In your example the original subject was an [A] and, your now being attacked person, was a somewhat unwitting [B] that, by doing so, became an [A] and is now being target by a gaggle of [B]s. There is an enormous amount of other people who are somewhere in the middle but couldn't be bothered getting into what is essentially monkeys throwing faeces.

tl;dr Haters make big noises on the internet. Non-haters make none.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I just got an email from my bank inviting me to a seminar on how to buy my first home and how that is a cool and good idea.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

You Am I posted:

You're not even Australian why are we giving you any time.

Why don't you go and fight Trump about it?

Yoplait is French for Yoghurt

Because my country, where it is completely unacceptable to mis-translate a company name, is the glorious God-blessed nation where putting pineapple on a pizza was invented, and it is my right, nay, my responsibility, to travel the forums and spread the gospel of pineapple pizza so even savage Australians can see the light.

I'm basically pizza Jesus.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

HookShot posted:

Because my country, where it is completely unacceptable to mis-translate a company name, is the glorious God-blessed nation where putting pineapple on a pizza was invented, and it is my right, nay, my responsibility, to travel the forums and spread the gospel of pineapple pizza so even savage Australians can see the light.

Pisus

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

HookShot posted:

So full of poo poo then.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
hookshot come to perth and get pineapple pizza at theo & co, the best pizza in the world

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cartoon posted:

So full of poo poo then.

I condemn thee to hell, where all pizza has anchovies! And there are no vegan options!

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is the Midwinter ball funded with public money? Going to put an FOI for the costs if it is.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GoldStandardConure posted:

hookshot come to perth and get pineapple pizza at theo & co, the best pizza in the world

Will it beat the pizza I had my first night in Rome that was topped with French fries and sliced hot dogs?

I came back to the apartment with it and mr hookshot was like wtf is wrong with you but it was p good

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

HookShot posted:

And there are no vegan options!
Devil's don't count as meat. Checkmate Jezzas

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

HookShot posted:

Will it beat the pizza I had my first night in Rome that was topped with French fries and sliced hot dogs?

maybe

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Cartoon posted:

Devil's don't count as meat. Checkmate Jezzas

Fine, also the crusts are burnt then :colbert:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

Second come to perth. Also Theo&Co isn't even the best pizza in Perth.

I mean it's good, but lets not go overselling it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

In that case it's a solid maybe!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

HookShot posted:

I condemn thee to hell, where all pizza has anchovies! And there are no vegan options!

I believe that is heaven.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

ABC posted:

Salim Mehajer's sister Fatima pleads guilty to 77 charges over 2012 Auburn Council elections

Fatima Mehajer, sister to former Auburn deputy mayor Salim Mehajer, has pleaded guilty to 77 charges relating to rigging the 2012 Auburn Council elections, with remaining charges being withdrawn.

Her brother, Salim Mehajer, is facing 128 charges over the 2012 Auburn Council elections.

The Mehajers engaged in acts of electoral fraud to increase Salim's chances of being elected, a Sydney court has heard.

Prosecutor Jeremy Rapke QC said two groups of candidates were put together and a number of them submitted false addresses.

He said eligible candidates needed to live in, or own, property in the ward they were contesting and be enrolled to vote in that area themselves.

Both Salim and Fatima Mehajer listed their addresses as being a unit in Auburn.

"Neither the defendant nor Fatima lived at the residential address," Mr Rapke said.

False enrolment forms submitted before election

It was also alleged that dozens of false enrolment forms were submitted in the lead-up to the election.

The hearing at the Downing Centre Local Court, was told 76 of the forms contained false addresses and more than 50 were forgeries.

"Staff at the electoral office became suspicious of the large number of forms... and most of them were not processed," said Mr Rapke.

quote:

"It's alleged (Salim Mehajer) engaged in acts of electoral fraud to enhance his chances (at the election)."
Prosecutors said text messages between Fatima and Salim Mehajer showed they were communicating about the fraud.

Mr Rapke said the relationship between the siblings "was not an innocent one".

The manager of elections of operations at the NSW Electoral Commission, Gregory Copson, said having five or more candidates qualifies them for a group square above the line on a ballot paper.

"The vast majority of voters actually vote above the line," he said.

Those contesting elections are required to fill out a candidate information sheet, which includes their name, address, whether they are enrolled and other information.

Asked if the commission takes the contents of these sheets at "face value", Mr Copson said, "we do not investigate anything written on the candidate information sheet".

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If bacon can be friends with ice cream and syrup and live happily together on a waffle then ham can be friends with pineapple and live happily together on a pizza. I think it can be bad when they overdo the pineapple though, there needs to be a balance of light and well drained toppings or the base gets all soggy and gross, but that can happen with capsicum and mushroom on pizza too it's not a pineapple specific issue.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
pineapple and anchovies are both excellent pizza toppings

not on the same pizza, naturally

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

HookShot posted:

Fine, also the crusts are burnt then :colbert:

The cornicione is supposed to have burnt bits :colbert:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

iajanus posted:

I believe that is heaven.

You're also going to pizza hell, but your pizza hell is being told by the Eagle Boys' automated system that they don't recognize your suburb forever so you never get pizza.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

HookShot posted:

I came back to the apartment with it and mr hookshot was like wtf is wrong with you but it was p good

Thread sounds like it needs to go over this excellent thread Post the worst pizza ever in this thread : The Return

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Zenithe posted:

Thread sounds like it needs to go over this excellent thread Post the worst pizza ever in this thread : The Return

Haha you linked to GBS!!! Loser!!!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ewe2 posted:

A run down of LNP donations from Energy companies too:

https://twitter.com/WorldOfMarkyD/status/874491359247310848

I'm always stunned at just how loving cheap it is to buy a politician - or even an entire party.

$50k a year is couch change to a big company.

A couple of years ago, my company spent over $150k just buying new office chairs. But for that, they apparently could have bought hired controlling interest in the major political party of their choice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Double Post!

Also - who gives a poo poo what people put in their food? If it's healthy, or even simply not made out of pure loving lard, let them enjoy it.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I think those bribes include future board seats and consultancy fees and whatnot though. Tip of the iceberg as it were.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Double Post!

Also - who gives a poo poo what people put in their food? If it's healthy, or even simply not made out of pure loving lard, let them enjoy it.

Stop lardshaming me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bogan King posted:

Audio in link.

leaaaaaaaks!

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Cartoon posted:

There was a time before when an argument had pros and cons. In the online environment you have: Making a spectacle of yourself (content provider)[A] or denouncing other posters [B]. There are no other tenable positions. Defending ANYTHING just makes you a target of [B] as you have actually become an [A]. In your example the original subject was an [A] and, your now being attacked person, was a somewhat unwitting [B] that, by doing so, became an [A] and is now being target by a gaggle of [B]s. There is an enormous amount of other people who are somewhere in the middle but couldn't be bothered getting into what is essentially monkeys throwing faeces.

tl;dr Haters make big noises on the internet. Non-haters make none.

Haha I appreciate that thanks mate but Christ your posts are as incomprehensible as ever. But I think I get your point.

So people can still just throw out things about a woman like:

NTRabbit posted:

"She's a feminist who was inspired, by rejecting the idea that she could be told there's a right way to be feminist, to a career chiefly revolving around telling other women they're doing feminism wrong."

and

Dan Dido posted:

"Mia Freedman is a feminist only in that she's for the advancement of woman. That woman being Mia Freedman."

With literally nothing to back it up, and that passes in D&D these days.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you want to bang mia christ we get it already

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Hobo Erotica posted:

Haha I appreciate that thanks mate but Christ your posts are as incomprehensible as ever. But I think I get your point.

So people can still just throw out things about a woman like:

and

With literally nothing to back it up, and that passes in D&D these days.

She built a media empire on the back of unpaid serf labour. There.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

hooman posted:

Second come to perth. Also Theo&Co isn't even the best pizza in Perth.

I mean it's good, but lets not go overselling it.

What is, if you don't mind me asking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Goddamn it neither of those are the issue

• Locked thread