Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

fishmech posted:

No sorry it's a dumb private server for babies. If you insist on not playing real Runescape (current Runescape) you should play Classic instead.

I'm not that masochistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Osrs is cool and good actually

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How do I get a familiar to carry it's own scrolls? I know I managed it yesterday but I can't seem to find the button for it any more.

E: It's Use on the scroll -> click on familar but for some reason that doesn't work with the spirit wolf and whatever the dungeoneering lvl 1 summon is called.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 12, 2017

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Asehujiko posted:

How do I get a familiar to carry it's own scrolls? I know I managed it yesterday but I can't seem to find the button for it any more.

E: It's Use on the scroll -> click on familar but for some reason that doesn't work with the spirit wolf and whatever the dungeoneering lvl 1 summon is called.

you need to set the rate.

Familiar options>>>right click the blue sumoning points bar>>>set rate 0~16, 0 will use them as soon as it is able to.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

allta posted:

you need to set the rate.

Familiar options>>>right click the blue sumoning points bar>>>set rate 0~16, 0 will use them as soon as it is able to.
Doesn't work. Same "To use this familiar's special attack you need to select it from the Summoning side" message as before when I set it to anything and try to give it the scroll.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Just lol at people truly caring which game is better between a bloated, highly polished turd and a familiar, low poly count turd. Neither side will ever convince the other, and most people don't care.

All I know is it would take another free membership promotion for me to play again, that April Twitch Prime pack was pretty sweet.

Seems all goons want to talk about re: Menaphos is some alligator statue with old biddy teets? How is the actual gameplay?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Blacula posted:

Just lol at people truly caring which game is better between a bloated, highly polished turd and a familiar, low poly count turd. Neither side will ever convince the other, and most people don't care.

All I know is it would take another free membership promotion for me to play again, that April Twitch Prime pack was pretty sweet.

Seems all goons want to talk about re: Menaphos is some alligator statue with old biddy teets? How is the actual gameplay?

I just did the murder mystery quest

on OSRS

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

What is the best way to get an invite to goonscape? I went to the clan chat to ask but had to log out before I got an answer.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Someone has to manually approach you in game in order to issue you an invite, it's not very convenient unfortunately.

If we're on at the same time at some point, I'll make sure you get one.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Simsmagic posted:

Someone has to manually approach you in game in order to issue you an invite, it's not very convenient unfortunately.

If we're on at the same time at some point, I'll make sure you get one.

Ok thanks, Ill keep an eye out.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Can't have the good old runescape nostalgia without your account getting hacked and getting cleaned of gold.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i made this i cropped it myself but really imps look weird up close

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone got a good list for daily shop runs? Runes, feathers, etc?

allta
Mar 28, 2011
The wiki has a pretty convenient list. Just pick and choose the ones that don't sound especially awful.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Don't forget to collect your 200 daily flax from Geoffrey

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Was testing out some real old browsers and decided to try RSC again

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can you guys post your UIs? I tried to search for good setupts on Reddit but they're all setups for ~PvM Elites~ who keybind everything and run full manual all the time

here's mine just for reference

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Robo Reagan posted:

Can you guys post your UIs? I tried to search for good setupts on Reddit but they're all setups for ~PvM Elites~ who keybind everything and run full manual all the time

I use this (graphics are all lovely because this is my old laptop, but it's the same layout on my main one)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You play with legacy combat? How is it?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

Terrible except for one or two slayer tasks

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Robo Reagan posted:

You play with legacy combat? How is it?

Well I barely do combat anymore so it doesn't really matter.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

fishmech posted:

Was testing out some real old browsers and decided to try RSC again

Dude, bury some bones

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010
Guys, I have been thinking of getting back into RS and while OSRS would tickle my nostalgia bone, I'm loathe to throw away my RS account. I remember the EOC shitstorm, but by then I was playing so little it did not really matter to me, most of the time I played was mostly chilling with friends and stuff.

To other returning players, is it worth it? I don't much care about graphics, but new places and new gameplay seems like a big hook. I also don't want to have to sperg out for hours trying to figure out how to min/max combat encounters with all these ability buttons that confuse me.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Chewbaccanator posted:

Guys, I have been thinking of getting back into RS and while OSRS would tickle my nostalgia bone, I'm loathe to throw away my RS account. I remember the EOC shitstorm, but by then I was playing so little it did not really matter to me, most of the time I played was mostly chilling with friends and stuff.

To other returning players, is it worth it? I don't much care about graphics, but new places and new gameplay seems like a big hook. I also don't want to have to sperg out for hours trying to figure out how to min/max combat encounters with all these ability buttons that confuse me.

You don't have to do the full EOC stuff if you don't want to you know. You can switch to revolution which does most of the ability things automatically so you don't got to use the bars except for the really powerful moves. You can also just switch to legacy and play pretty similar to how it used to be.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, I kinda wanna get into this bullshit again.

Someone wanna invite MamaXHen if they get a chance? I'll probably be hanging around Falador doing the old Dwarven Mines bullshit.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 19, 2017

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Chewbaccanator posted:

I was in the exact same boat- if you decide to stick with RS3 use the Revolution style of combat (auto-triggered abilities with some user input) and just use this handy-dandy link to set up your ability bar.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Robo Reagan posted:

any excuse to post my fantastic ui that everyone loves

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Simsmagic posted:

any excuse to post my fantastic ui that everyone loves

Sir, this isn't the WoW thread.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's something surprisingly zen about getting smithing XP by making bronze bars and actually getting a profit out of it. (only like 50 per bar but w/e)

allta
Mar 28, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

There's something surprisingly zen about getting smithing XP by making bronze bars and actually getting a profit out of it. (only like 50 per bar but w/e)

It's not just bronze that's profitable:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Wait does that say that I can profit even off buying the materials off the GE? or just manually getting the materials?

E: hell if I can profit off just GE materials I can use profits to make even more profits, then use that to stockpile stuff for myself when I wanna bump up smithing

Dizz fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 19, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dizz posted:

Wait does that say that I can profit even off buying the materials off the GE? or just manually getting the materials?

E: hell if I can profit off just GE materials I can use profits to make even more profits, then use that to stockpile stuff for myself when I wanna bump up smithing
Yep, just buy on GE, warp to Lumbridge, use the smelter & bank right there, make a bunch of quick trips.

No mining XP, obviously, but if you want good moneymaking, you can turn 100+ over in like, what, maybe 15 minutes?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Yep, just buy on GE, warp to Lumbridge, use the smelter & bank right there, make a bunch of quick trips.

No mining XP, obviously, but if you want good moneymaking, you can turn 100+ over in like, what, maybe 15 minutes?

I guess I can do that right after I process this 18k flax

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Dizz posted:

I guess I can do that right after I process this 18k flax

ahh, the good old days. My first 99 was fletching the hard way, with just maple logs and flax until I was done.

I am proud of you

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

ahh, the good old days. My first 99 was fletching the hard way, with just maple logs and flax until I was done.

I am proud of you

It's a good way to make early money so you can then branch out to other things like cannonballs so after everything is done you get hacked and cleaned out.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

This was my worst idea ever why did i think this was a good idea

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dizz posted:

This was my worst idea ever why did i think this was a good idea

I remember saying this all the time. :allears:

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

I've been fishing on osrs, is bowstrings really the way to go? It seems like a miserable existence.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
osrs is a miserable existence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

osrs is a miserable existence