Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

I made the mistake of reading the trump thread and

what the gently caress is going on in there

Prester Jane posts like these are omens of ill tidings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Prester Jane posts like these are omens of ill tidings.

are they a gimmick poster or do they actually think this

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cease to Hope posted:

Narrativist spotted

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Cease to Hope posted:

yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

gently caress i was reading some quora topics today and i cant decide if my favourite is the guy who dropped out of school for an udacity nanodegree that he reps working for udacity, or the dude who's cred line says "Studied at Coursera"

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Behold, for the day of reckoning has come upon us. The followers of Bernard have sinned greatly, and the Christ god has seen them for what they are. They will be pursued to all corners of the earth. Their warriors will be destroyed. Their women dashed to pieces. Among their children, none shall remain, leaving none to tell their story. It is divine will that they shall be stricken from this land, and it is we who have been chosen to exact God's vengeance, for they have spit in the face of God and the market. And now, onward, Christian soldiers. Do not fear death, but fear God, for only salvation awaits you in the land of the heretic.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

It's a 10yr old gimmick as far as I know if it is one.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

Behold, for the day of reckoning has come upon us. The followers of Bernard have sinned greatly, and the Christ god has seen them for what they are. They will be pursued to all corners of the earth. Their warriors will be destroyed. Their women dashed to pieces. Among their children, none shall remain, leaving none to tell their story. It is divine will that they shall be stricken from this land, and it is we who have been chosen to exact God's vengeance, for they have spit in the face of God and the market. And now, onward, Christian soldiers. Do not fear death, but fear God, for only salvation awaits you in the land of the heretic.

that's the sample maiden uses before they bust out the giant animatronic eddie on this year's tour

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
jesus

Prester Jane posted:

Based on the body language that McConnell and Ryan have been showing during this I am leaning heavily towards the both of them being on the Russian payroll as well. I have spent a great deal of time around corrupt sociopaths and have been involved as a part of the inside circle when a conspiracy broke down. To me Ryan's and McConnell's body language hearkens back to my days inside cults involved with criminal conspiracies. Ryan is going the path of complete outward (and probably inwards as well) denial of the severity of the threat he faces. McConnell looks to me like a coward contemplating their upcoming date with their personal Kobayashi Maru and feeling nothing but seething cold fury that their schemes are being undone because of someone else's incompetence.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Cease to Hope posted:

prester jane is a diagnosed (and medicated) schizophrenic

the unusual posting style is a consequence of that and a truly terrible childhood

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

UberJew posted:

prester jane is a diagnosed (and medicated) schizophrenic

oh well now I feel bad

good on them for getting help though, mental illness sucks no joke

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

oh well now I feel bad

good on them for getting help though, mental illness sucks no joke

They're usually right too. Vagueness comes into play but still.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
when did gbs turn into /pol/

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

when did gbs turn into /pol/
im not sure if you know but original /b/ was splinter of the original /gbs/. also how /pol/ is it getting? i don't read gbs past my thread and its /int/ at best with semi-regular kebab removal memes and balkan war criminal music listening sessions

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

how /pol/ is it getting?
well

qkkl posted:

What is it with Jews having such a disproportionate online presence? Is it because lots of them live off welfare so they stay inside on the computer all day?

nigga crab pollock posted:

the gender bullshit is a tough sell because its attempting to strip existing language of old meanings and redefine them so they they can no longer be used in a way that contradicts their propelling ideology. the gays were always just trying to suck some dick without anyone giving too much of a poo poo

that branch of idpol is straight up social engineering in the most basal form. while separating sex and gender is a useful concept, within the context of modern identity politics the separation is attempting to change the language as to not cause friction with even the most extreme of trans activists. all of the skeleton warriors on twitter saying a 👏 penis 👏 is 👏 a 👏 feminine 👏organ 👏 or 👏 bruce 👏 jenner 👏 was 👏 never 👏 a 👏 man 👏 aren't just saying contradictory nonsense. it is an effort, consious or not, to strip subtle and indirect meanings of those words and prevent them from being used to assert something that goes against that ideology anymore

Snatch Duster posted:

I thought CWC was dead but here we are, what a surprise that broke brain sad man like him that needs a lot of help is now a transgender.

The theory at that the final evolution of Incel to trans seems to be true.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jun 15, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

oh wow i thought helldump was shut down :yikes:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

unrelated question, what the deal with Dr. American Academic sometimes having a title that is not professor but Another Dude Professor?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

unrelated question, what the deal with Dr. American Academic sometimes having a title that is not professor but Another Dude Professor?

dr. smith means joe smith has a phd. professors might have some other kind of doctorate, no doctorate at all, or they're just emphasizing their role as a teacher or researcher over their credentials because most americans will assume dr. smith is some sort of physician

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

dr. smith means joe smith has a phd. professors might have some other kind of doctorate, no doctorate at all, or they're just emphasizing their role as a teacher or researcher over their credentials because most americans will assume dr. smith is some sort of physician
nah, in not that stupid

what are the contexts for Dr. Smith being an Abraham Lincoln Professor of Political Science, not just Professor of Political Science

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nah, in not that stupid

what are the contexts for Dr. Smith being an Abraham Lincoln Professor of Political Science, not just Professor of Political Science

oh, that's the name of the endowment for their chair

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

oh, that's the name of the endowment for their chair

i.e. financial or some other kind of support that made it, the professorship, possible?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

finally found the spot my co-workers smoke in and of course there's a dude with whistle-grade loud vape trying to blot out the sun

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
my sources tell me that things are *checks ledger* still 12% too tumblr around SA

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my sources tell me that things are *checks ledger* still 12% too tumblr around SA
*updates NASDANQ listing*

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i.e. financial or some other kind of support that made it, the professorship, possible?

yeah, financial. the donor will donate the seed money for an endowment that pays for a permanent role in whatever department of a university, and usually gets to name it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

yeah, financial. the donor will donate the seed money for an endowment that pays for a permanent role in whatever department of a university, and usually gets to name it.

oic, that's pretty cool

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Cease to Hope posted:

I made the mistake of reading the trump thread and

what the gently caress is going on in there

Basically she thinks we're all going to be gunned down by a wave of right wingers very soon I guess

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oic, that's pretty cool

well except for when the president of a bank decides to endow a bunch of ayn rand professors of entrepreneurial freedom and capitalist morality

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/16/new-paper-details-extent-bbt-banks-ayn-rand-inspired-grant-program

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Gentrification and corporate greed teaming up to produce literal funeral pyres for the lower classes :sigh:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
there's approx 0 chance that the building will be replaced with similar housing lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Muppets On PCP posted:

well except for when the president of a bank decides to endow a bunch of ayn rand professors of entrepreneurial freedom and capitalist morality

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/10/16/new-paper-details-extent-bbt-banks-ayn-rand-inspired-grant-program
well but of course

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
and every other instance of industry buying faculty positions to promote themselves e.g. monsanto professor of biochemistry

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sheriff Arpaio Professor of Societal Substance Abuse Impact

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Sheriff Arpaio Professor of Societal Substance Abuse Impact

more like corrections corporation of america professor of criminal justice

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy