Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

when will PUBG change out the generic Red Bull looking can for G-Fuel Shaker Cups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

TacMan posted:

how do you tell the poison berries from the healing ones?

Only way is to eat them, rng.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
forget poison berries, why cant i smuggle a pistol from the lobby island onto the plane by shoving it deep into my anus?

Martin
Jan 17, 2004

All I know in life is how to pour whiskey and run my mouth off
Dinosaur Gum

TacMan posted:

How does this even work more than once, they should be seeing the dead player's loot boxes and realizing that someone is shooting in that direction.

Well, it helped that it was a warehouse and I dropped two painkillers in two different entrances, but it's probably mostly because people are Greedy And Stupid plus I play at a kind of a low level I guess.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

TacMan posted:

how do you tell the poison berries from the healing ones?

They're purple and they taste like burning.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
I do hope the early game lag is resolved soon. As it stands playing on OCE right now, trying to do hot contested drops is just a losing proposition, I desync and then get domed before I can even drag stuff over in the laggy inventory. It's all good if there's like 10-20 seconds before initial contact for the lag to shake out, but otherwise it's a total luck of the draw thing.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009
Bug report: looks like you do not take damage if you are looting a body as the blue circle passes you. Don't ask why I was looting, it was for science clearly.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Baudin posted:

Bug report: looks like you do not take damage if you are looting a body as the blue circle passes you. Don't ask why I was looting, it was for science clearly.

So what if you just leave the inventory screen open you can just sit there forever until you eventually win the game?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I truly have no idea wtf you're supposed to do when the circle ends up falling on military base other than trying to cross one of the bridges and rolling the dice that you won't get annihilated by bridge campers. I don't like that.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

So what if you just leave the inventory screen open you can just sit there forever until you eventually win the game?

Even better, it seemed to not care if I had the inventory open or not. It just didn't damage me.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

If you're not using headphones: use headphones

Whenever you take fire you can swivel your head really quickly and use the change in volume in each ear to pinpoint where the fire is coming from. This is easier said than done in the heat of being blasted apart.

I'm using a nice pair of headphones but I am just having an incredibly hard time telling the direction of shots, even when they aren't shooting at me and I can just focus on it. I'll try swiveling faster and see if that adds any clarity to it.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I truly have no idea wtf you're supposed to do when the circle ends up falling on military base other than trying to cross one of the bridges and rolling the dice that you won't get annihilated by bridge campers. I don't like that.

I've had good luck finding 1 or 2 vehicles on the western side of the base. Don't know how consistent they spawn there though.

Edit: Oh I was thinking getting out of the base. Never seen the circle land on the base yet though!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PantsBandit posted:

Swim. If anyone shoots at you just go underwater for a bit and change your direction. Most people won't like the fact they're calling so much attention to themselves and give up pretty quickly.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Identify the circle ending there quickly and get to a boat or swim. Or if it's one of the first few circles and only one bridge is inside the circle, drive in the blue across the other bridge.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

PantsBandit posted:

Couldn't you head there before the circle gets that small? There's always going to be some amount of RNG but I don't really think the game feels super unfair. 99 percent of people playing are going to lose any given match. Seems weird to complain about stuff like the red zone or whatever. You probably aren't going to win regardless.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Swim? Boat?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

PantsBandit posted:

Scout the bridge and snipe them first?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

All of these options assume you have a bunch of time to work with and haven't had to cross half the island due to an unlucky circle

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PantsBandit posted:

All of these options assume you have a bunch of time to work with and haven't had to cross half the island due to an unlucky circle

Plan ahead better.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Always find a vehicle right away unless you're in the center of the circle. Even then, find a vehicle just in case.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Cinara posted:

Always find a vehicle right away unless you're in the center of the circle. Even then, find a vehicle just in case.

If you think having a car will save you from a squad of people camping the bridge you are sadly mistaken.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Couldn't you head there before the circle gets that small? There's always going to be some amount of RNG but I don't really think the game feels super unfair. 99 percent of people playing are going to lose any given match. Seems weird to complain about stuff like the red zone or whatever. You probably aren't going to win regardless.

Yeah which is why I'm honestly not that upset, I just tend to be a little annoyed by those bridges because they're such deathtraps compared to anywhere else in the game.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I've never been surprised by a circle showing up on the military island. Usually you can tell from the very first circle if it's going to center anywhere near the island, and then you immediately prioritize getting a vehicle and getting over there.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

If you think having a car will save you from a squad of people camping the bridge you are sadly mistaken.

The car gives you options to not go over the bridge, you were complaining about not having enough time.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i pretty much always prefer swimming​ for duo/squad games (solo has way fewer bridge campers and even if somebody is camping they can't instantly blow up your car like a squad can) and have never had trouble getting there safely

it doesn't take forever, just plan ahead a tiny tiny bit

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Photex posted:

when will PUBG change out the generic Red Bull looking can for G-Fuel Shaker Cups?

Red Gull has been PU's thing for a while, it will never change.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Drive into the ocean

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I do agree that there should be another route to the island, and that route should be a sweet ramp on the shoreline that you can drive a bike over

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

I do agree that there should be another route to the island, and that route should be a sweet ramp on the shoreline that you can drive a bike over

This needs to be implemented ASAP. Except you die instantly if you do not do a backflip over the water.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
We had one match where apparently almost the entire server lagged out or disconnected and one dude with a 1911 and revolver killed literally 50 people.

edit: checked his name, 45.
https://pubg.me/player/toolittooquick/squad

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

J posted:

I'm using a nice pair of headphones but I am just having an incredibly hard time telling the direction of shots, even when they aren't shooting at me and I can just focus on it. I'll try swiveling faster and see if that adds any clarity to it.

Got them on the right way?

Joking aside do you have problems in other games or only pubg? My friend can't locate shots that well either and I think it's holding him back a fair amount even though he is pretty good already.
I would love to be able to improve it for him. He has been playing the game for a while now, so it's gotta be either his setup or a physiological thing (if that is even an option? Does the ability locate sound even vary much in humans?).
If you find something with your setup that improves it I'd love to know.

A thing that was a little confusing for me in the beginning is the location of the supersonic bullet cracks. The sound from those appears perpendicular to the direction the bullet game from.

Use that to your advantage and also listen for the actual gun report which comes a little after due to the speed of sound.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

I ran into my first match with an aimbot hacker last night. I actually didn't notice how obvious it was until the end of the game, but then I rewatched the video and realized what was happening. Watch out for 'cheatboy666'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-s44m5hw54

I've also had a match where somebody punched over a dozen people to death while still in the plane, but at least that felt like less of a waste of everybody's time since it's right at the start of the match.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Got them on the right way?

Joking aside do you have problems in other games or only pubg? My friend can't locate shots that well either and I think it's holding him back a fair amount even though he is pretty good already.
I would love to be able to improve it for him. He has been playing the game for a while now, so it's gotta be either his setup or a physiological thing (if that is even an option? Does the ability locate sound even vary much in humans?).
If you find something with your setup that improves it I'd love to know.

A thing that was a little confusing for me in the beginning is the location of the supersonic bullet cracks. The sound from those appears perpendicular to the direction the bullet game from.

Use that to your advantage and also listen for the actual gun report which comes a little after due to the speed of sound.

I don't think anyone uses this. If you hear the whizz/crack, you know you're getting shot at, but then you listen for the report. Am I wrong?

Discospawn posted:

I ran into my first match with an aimbot hacker last night. I actually didn't notice how obvious it was until the end of the game, but then I rewatched the video and realized what was happening. Watch out for 'cheatboy666'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-s44m5hw54

I've also had a match where somebody punched over a dozen people to death while still in the plane, but at least that felt like less of a waste of everybody's time since it's right at the start of the match.

With only 1 kill, maybe you only made it to the end because cheatboy666 killed all of the players that would have killed you.

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
When listening for shots I try to make sure I'm turning while I hear the gunshot, as I feel it helps to vector in, listening to the audio balance change from left to right or vice versa as I turn. I figure if I can balance the audio by the time the gunshot dies down I at least have a rough vector while I'm moving to cover.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

VulgarandStupid posted:

I don't think anyone uses this. If you hear the whizz/crack, you know you're getting shot at, but then you listen for the report. Am I wrong?

True, it is difficult to straight up locate a shooter based only on the crack but for me it definitely helps to narrow it down sometimes. What is more important though is that you don't take the wrong cover if you think the crack is the direction of the shooter.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 15, 2017

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

And when in cover make sure to keep moving a little bit, them missing their shot and hitting your cover is the best indication if you can't hear the shots that well.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyUninterestedPlumberTebowing

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Instead of zombie mode it'd be a whole lot more imaginative for the first 40 deaths to become random progressively-released wildlife like wolves, bears, wolverines, and since "is Russia," the occasional Siberian tiger.

Same general principle, just done more interestingly.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010
Earlier I had my first non lag + low ping game in all of the hours I have played. It was beautiful. The game felt completely different and just overall much better. Finally I could move the way I wanted to in relation to the enemy. You could properly bait the enemy into committing to a fight by jiggling peeking/repeeking and it felt like finally some movement skills from CS carried over. You could properly get cover the instant you needed it. It was like whole new part of the game opened up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Linstar posted:

That's dumb. School loot is pretty terrible. Literally only go there to kill people.

you say that but my consistent scar and/or UMP begs to differ

• Locked thread