Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

PantsBandit posted:

I truly have no idea wtf you're supposed to do when the circle ends up falling on military base other than trying to cross one of the bridges and rolling the dice that you won't get annihilated by bridge campers. I don't like that.

swim that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Carebearz posted:

you say that but my consistent scar and/or UMP begs to differ

Unless you have a long range gun with that + 4-8x, at least 2/2/2 + meds I beg to differ.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

PantsBandit posted:

All of these options assume you have a bunch of time to work with and haven't had to cross half the island due to an unlucky circle

Are you gonna be the new "crying there isn't a training mode" guy? if you can't find a boat, launch your car/jeep/bike off a cliff into the water then swim the rest of the way. that's how I avoid bridges solo

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Instead of zombie mode it'd be a whole lot more imaginative for the first 40 deaths to become random progressively-released wildlife like wolves, bears, wolverines, and since "is Russia," the occasional Siberian tiger.

Same general principle, just done more interestingly.

It would be really awesome to have hillside snipers get wrecked by a big-rear end tiger. Hell, make the crate randomly spawn a tiger, go all in on that poo poo!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Carebearz posted:

you say that but my consistent scar and/or UMP begs to differ

Lol, the ultra rare scar ump combo.

I swear all you guys talking about "bad loot" or "scary other guys" just really need to drop near other people repeatedly, or cities. Alt around when you're falling, find the closest guy to you, find a gun, straight to the other guy, kill/die repeat. Get above a 1.5 KD and start becoming dangerous with all weapons. Use whatever you get

That is how you start being Not Bad. Stop hiding for 30 minutes. Learn to fight. Get over your fear of missing and dying, shoot first

For the guy complaining about bridges: grab a car and start heading to the bridge, if guys start shooting at you run them over or crash your car into the side and jump off it and swim across. Or boat. Or swim. So many options

If people are this bad in real life I'm gonna kill it when the zombie apocalypse/revolution comes

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 15, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I moved from playing on a tv, lounging on a couch to playing on a proper monitor and sitting at a desk. I am so much better at this game than I thought I was. I was getting 4 kills and top 20 finishes prior the switch. I sat down at the desk, fired up the game, and got three top 10 finishes with 8, 7, and 13 kills respectively.

Edit: I'm sorry about the fooqboi screed earlier. I will not post when I'm slowly drifting into a hang over from being daydrunk ever again.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jun 15, 2017

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I swear all you guys talking about "bad loot" or "scary other guys" just really need to drop near other people repeatedly, or cities. Alt around when you're falling, find the closest guy to you, find a gun, straight to the other guy, kill/die repeat. Get above a 1.5 KD and start becoming dangerous with all weapons. Use whatever you get

That is how you start being Not Bad. Stop hiding for 30 minutes. Learn to fight. Get over your fear of missing and dying, shoot first

For the guy complaining about bridges: grab a car and start heading to the bridge, if guys start shooting at you run them over or crash your car into the side and jump off it and swim across. Or boat. Or swim. So many options

If people are this bad in real life I'm gonna kill it when the zombie apocalypse/revolution comes

This is what's up. I don't even like scopes anymore, useless in close combat.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

amotea posted:

This is what's up. I don't even like scopes anymore, useless in close combat.

Third person is your friend for close combat.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Takes half a second to switch attachments, if you're in close quarters and your weapon is mounted with a 4x+ scope that's really all your fault.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I moved from playing on a tv, lounging on a couch to playing on a proper monitor and sitting at a desk. I am so much better at this game than I thought I was. I was getting 4 kills and top 20 finishes prior the switch. I sat down at the desk, fired up the game, and got three top 10 finishes with 8, 7, and 13 kills respectively.

Edit: I'm sorry about the fooqboi screed earlier. I will not post when I'm slowly drifting into a hang over from being daydrunk ever again.

Can I get your autograph please?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Takes half a second to switch attachments, if you're in close quarters and your weapon is mounted with a 4x+ scope that's really all your fault.

This is something we could practice if those darn streamers weren't getting special treatment.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Setting foliage to very low, yea, should have thought of that myself, given how much the grass annoys me.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Got my first squad chicken dinner last night in a game that I wouldn't have expected to. Three of us queued together for the last game for the night and committed to dropping at the first possible spot and taking every fight. Got a rando and landed in Novorepnoye with no other squads, spent a few minutes looting and began to clear the island counter clockwise to get ready to cross a bridge, finding that the military base was completely untouched, and lucking out with the circle closing in right around the southern beach of Military Island. Got to 6 left before we finally lost two squaddies to the remnant of a squad on the beach, but the circle forced them right to us for easy kills. Match ended with around 15 kills between us all.

Still don't really like squad games.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 15, 2017

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Finally. Someone with a brain in this thread.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer

emanresu tnuocca posted:

You misunderstand, I haven't had the need for scopes in a long time son. My average games lasts 6 minutes.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So I should start jumping onto the military island if possible, or is that taking it too far?

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever actually been on it.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

Warbird posted:

So I should start jumping onto the military island if possible, or is that taking it too far?

School, military base, the hospital, the bunker - anywhere there's going to be large drops of people. Spend a whole evening just moving towards the sound of gunfire and all of sudden the game gets a lot better.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Dropping on the school/base/whatever will teach you how to parachute quickly and accurately, equip with tab, abuse 3rd person camera, and shoot with most every weapon. You could also learn this by dropping on a group of 3 farmhouses and running around for 15minutes before you see another player. Which one is more efficient and fun?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

KyloWinter posted:

Dropping on the school/base/whatever will teach you how to parachute quickly and accurately, equip with tab, abuse 3rd person camera, and shoot with most every weapon. You could also learn this by dropping on a group of 3 farmhouses and running around for 15minutes before you see another player. Which one is more efficient and fun?

VIOLENCE

SPEED

MOMENTUM

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
we got a chicken dinner last night with a yolo drop on school which was good & cool I forget who was in the squad with me but I didn't do anything notable & died at the end

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
They are taking away inventory drag and drop canceling out the pick up animation. Sad times.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Carebearz posted:

Are you gonna be the new "crying there isn't a training mode" guy? if you can't find a boat, launch your car/jeep/bike off a cliff into the water then swim the rest of the way. that's how I avoid bridges solo

Are you gonna be the new "acts like a oval office whenever someone wants to vent about the game" guy?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Warbird posted:

The biggest thing is just to realize that gunfire is good. You need to head towards it, because you should be hunting other dudes.

Like everyone that plays this game is bad. You have to realize like 5 people per drop are actually dangerous, and 9 times out of 10 they are only dangerous if they find the PERFECT GUN COMBO and PERFECT SPOT which means they aren't actually dangerous. Most people you run across are going to be dipshits not paying attention to you, and you can loving ice them before they even realize you are coming. If you see them first, you have the advantage.

Looting is bad. It forces you into houses which are bad places to be. Loot your first area, then loot everything else through murder. Let the idiot pubbies spend 30 minutes searching every house, then just steal their poo poo.

Speed is more important then anything else in this game. If you can guess correctly where the circle will end up and can get there before anybody else, you can win easily. If you get there first, you become the rear end in a top hat in the treeline/fields that murders five dudes, rather then the idiot sprinting across a field with your perfect Scar 8x combo you spent all game scavving for. I only every loot my first building, sometimes a second and get a feel for whats going on around me while I wait for the first circle to close. Once I see second circle it's go time, and I murder spree my way to the center.

I have now won games with nothing besides a starter pistol and a shotgun, because I ignored all buildings and kept getting into situations where I couldn't loot the dudes I killed. I got 3rd with the revolver! gently caress guns, gently caress looting, gently caress hiding. If you aren't hunting/murdering 24/7, you are being hunted/murdered.

You'll die a whole bunch if you make it a point to start every game in school/military base, and it's probably not the path to win for most people. But it's a really good training area to get into that mindset of be aggressive.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

PantsBandit posted:

Are you gonna be the new "acts like a oval office whenever someone wants to vent about the game" guy?

I mean, you're venting about something that is easily avoidable with a little planning so yeah I guess

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Megasabin posted:

They are taking away inventory drag and drop canceling out the pick up animation. Sad times.

Going to be annoying to walk up to a pile of stuff and have to scoot around until finally the pick up is on what you want.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Neon Belly posted:

Going to be annoying to walk up to a pile of stuff and have to scoot around until finally the pick up is on what you want.

I assume you can still loot via the inventory, but you can't instantly add stuff anymore.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Baudin posted:

Bug report: looks like you do not take damage if you are looting a body as the blue circle passes you. Don't ask why I was looting, it was for science clearly.

Untrue. I tried replicating this twice (campy schmampy), I still took normal forcefield damage.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Rookersh posted:

The biggest thing is just to realize that gunfire is good. You need to head towards it, because you should be hunting other dudes.

Like everyone that plays this game is bad. You have to realize like 5 people per drop are actually dangerous, and 9 times out of 10 they are only dangerous if they find the PERFECT GUN COMBO and PERFECT SPOT which means they aren't actually dangerous. Most people you run across are going to be dipshits not paying attention to you, and you can loving ice them before they even realize you are coming. If you see them first, you have the advantage.

Looting is bad. It forces you into houses which are bad places to be. Loot your first area, then loot everything else through murder. Let the idiot pubbies spend 30 minutes searching every house, then just steal their poo poo.

Speed is more important then anything else in this game. If you can guess correctly where the circle will end up and can get there before anybody else, you can win easily. If you get there first, you become the rear end in a top hat in the treeline/fields that murders five dudes, rather then the idiot sprinting across a field with your perfect Scar 8x combo you spent all game scavving for. I only every loot my first building, sometimes a second and get a feel for whats going on around me while I wait for the first circle to close. Once I see second circle it's go time, and I murder spree my way to the center.

I have now won games with nothing besides a starter pistol and a shotgun, because I ignored all buildings and kept getting into situations where I couldn't loot the dudes I killed. I got 3rd with the revolver! gently caress guns, gently caress looting, gently caress hiding. If you aren't hunting/murdering 24/7, you are being hunted/murdered.

You'll die a whole bunch if you make it a point to start every game in school/military base, and it's probably not the path to win for most people. But it's a really good training area to get into that mindset of be aggressive.

This is largely BS. Droping at a hotzone is essentially a roulette of "who gets luckier with his first gun pickup". No tactics in the world would save you if you drop into a warehouse with 3 pairs of combat pants while the next one over has an angry dude with a micro uzi.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I should probably start to concede that I'm too old for this poo poo. In CQB I'm too spazzy, where I fail to kill people on close range with five shotgun blasts, but in turn get killed by the same person with an Uzi so fast, the game doesn't even get time to play the gun sounds. On the open field, I can't see poo poo on a distance, occasionally I see a speck moving on the horizon, yet in Twitch/Youtube people are evidently making out things several hundred meters away just fine.

:[

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

chesnok posted:

This is largely BS. Droping at a hotzone is essentially a roulette of "who gets luckier with his first gun pickup". No tactics in the world would save you if you drop into a warehouse with 3 pairs of combat pants while the next one over has an angry dude with a micro uzi.

Which is why people are being discouraged from dropping into garbo low loot warehouses. But at least in this situation you die real fast and start over.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I agree mostly with the wall of text guy, but there is more than one way to play. If you want to go on an extended loot run then I recommend dropping in the city furthest away that you could still actually land on, scout out the 1-2 other guys who did the same & snuff them out immediately after finding your first decent weapon by camping the building they dropped on, or by dropping straight down on a crossroad in search for a vehicle & take it to somewhere nobody will be.

Another thing to note is that if you have a city to yourself & a vehicle you can safely ignore the first circle damage & just keep looting at the expense of a booster & bandages (which will easily be made up for having free loot several minutes longer than just about anybody else). When I do this, I typically will loot until the second circle will start collapsing just seconds after I cross it & then play circle all game after that.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

chesnok posted:

You can improve your chances with situational awareness, map knowledge and use of your time after your parachute opens. If you know which warehouses the other players are aiming for then you can maximize your chances to get a good gun before they engage you. Land to cut off their access to additional loot and force them to either loot or clear the area you already looted to hunt you.

Landing into a low loot area might give you a longer average life but I don't think it helps you win more.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I should probably start to concede that I'm too old for this poo poo. In CQB I'm too spazzy, where I fail to kill people on close range with five shotgun blasts, but in turn get killed by the same person with an Uzi so fast, the game doesn't even get time to play the gun sounds. On the open field, I can't see poo poo on a distance, occasionally I see a speck moving on the horizon, yet in Twitch/Youtube people are evidently making out things several hundred meters away just fine.

Twitch people often have huge monitors close to their face.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Combat Pretzel posted:

Keep at it. It takes a while before you really get comfortable and start being able to pick guys out at range. Really only last week did I feel like my shooting was actually good rather than passable.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Combat Pretzel posted:

This will get better once you get past the "scared of everything" stage.

Also, stop using streamers as some sort of basis for comparison. You are literally comparing yourself to people who play video games as their job. Just play the drat game and be proud of your own victories.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Nevvy Z posted:

Which is why people are being discouraged from dropping into garbo low loot warehouses. But at least in this situation you die real fast and start over.

You can drop into the hottest military base this side of Iron Curtain and find exactly jack in the first loot spots you choose. Having lots of people nearby guarantees you won't be able to scour for more than 20-30 seconds before committing to an engagement.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if you dont drop directly into the military base, the school/hospital or the tunnels and get rowdy and murder, you're a coward.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

chesnok posted:

Did you even read his post lol

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Warbird posted:

Rotate between Pochinki Mylta and Rozhok every round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Combat Pretzel posted:

Turn down your mouse sensitivity

• Locked thread