Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Urthor posted:

Is there a trick to finding English players on weird servers? I'm in an odd spot because I'm AU and want to play on a Japanese preferred server, ie not Tonberry, but obv it'll be hard to find English speakers.

Anyone got some neato tricks?

NA servers got moved closer to you in the recent move, so the ping might be tolerable for you now? Give it a try if you haven't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
also props to the dude who in the final hour of heavensward had the pf whose description was "REMINDER Louisouix threw Alphinuad into a volcano to determine if he had the devil gene"

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So Yoshi-P says that FFXIV already has an enormous amount of dungeons, so they wanna slow down their additions of instanced content. This disappoints me, since dungeons were always my favorite part of the game, but he proposes "hardcore four-man" content in lieu of a second dungeon for odd-numbered patches.

This makes me think they'll do remixed Primal battles designed for four-man groups. Bring back Titan/Ifrit/Garuda again.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Urthor posted:

Is there a trick to finding English players on weird servers? I'm in an odd spot because I'm AU and want to play on a Japanese preferred server, ie not Tonberry, but obv it'll be hard to find English speakers.

Anyone got some neato tricks?

Unless you have terrible rural internet, Excalibur (and presumably the rest of NA) is totally playable on AU ping (You largely miss prime player hours though).

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
PBC has always had a "no spoilers for the current patch" policy and that's continuing for SB.

As a reminder, if you're not already there:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hell yeah if I could do a 4man titan ex with updated stats for a roulette for tomes I would do it every day.

4man gives them an excuse to make the platform smaller again too

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jinh posted:

4man gives them an excuse to make the platform smaller again too

Not really, upheaval is already pretty tightly tuned.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Farg posted:

also props to the dude who in the final hour of heavensward had the pf whose description was "REMINDER Louisouix threw Alphinuad into a volcano to determine if he had the devil gene"

lol, good.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/de4bffc4fb40b355db2cb463273acab6f10e26ac

Patch notes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Will I need an early access code to be able to download the patch, or do they push it to everyone? The official page makes it seem like the former but that sounds silly.

Apparently I only get my key at 11am tomorrow, which is fine since I'm at work anyway.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You only need a sub to download the patch, but I'm not sure how it works for the expansion.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

Warrior

Curious Gorge Meets His Match

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ul'dah for both SAM and RDM :toot:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I will unironically never get tired of XIV's terrible punning.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Huh the bonus exp for fates is real

Neat, it's bonus exp for completing and then there's a chance of a rare monster in the fate appearing that gives an exp buff. Awesome

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat, that weakness change. Extremely harsh, good thing people in df rarely die right guys ahahahahah :suicide:

Hm, wait I misread. You just lose your damage stats, looks like your hp is left alone now. Sounds more generous that way

E:

quote:

There is now a distinction between detrimental effects that can and cannot be removed via curative items or actions.
:getin:

Leal fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jun 15, 2017

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
God drat it all your nostalgic good bye to HW photos have probably got me to play this game again.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Four dungeons shown

wanna play those dungeons

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"The appearance of certain hairstyles has been adjusted to appear more natural when diving."

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

"EXP awarded upon completing Moogle beast tribe quests with a class or job at level 60 or higher has been significantly reduced."

Expected, but RIP anyway.

Interesting: "Please note that battlecraft leves are not available in the new areas introduced in patch 4.0." Guess they realized those were garbage.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think I like that Fate EXP bonus better then the fake patch notes. Some fates just give more exp.

edit: I'm dumb, they also added random exp boosts too. I like this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Samurais are for babies confirmed?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
FFXIV Launcher can now start downloading the update. Total size is 2556.02MB.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

When completing a level 51 to 59 dungeon or a level 61 to 69 dungeon, players will always receive one piece of gear equippable by their current class or job

Neat

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
It's unsurprising that all of the job stuff is coming in a separate post but gently caress, like half the reason I opened the patch notes is to see exactly what they did to machinist.

edit:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"The effect of Sword Oath will now end upon logging out.

* This change will be reverted in a future update."

What's the point of this?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

queeb posted:

When completing a level 51 to 59 dungeon or a level 61 to 69 dungeon, players will always receive one piece of gear equippable by their current class or job

Neat

Wonder why they decided to exclude 60 and 70 dungeons.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Probably some weird edge case bug they couldn't fix in time for release, if I had to guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

That's usually because something broke (stacking bug maybe?) and they don't have the fix yet.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Attribute points have been removed."

:eyepop:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

QoL: the game

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Am I reading it wrong or do you not get ask your abilities in potd now?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Sinteres posted:

Wonder why they decided to exclude 60 and 70 dungeons.

They probably expect that because you'd be running level 70 dungeons more than the 61-69 ones that they don't need to guarantee a drop. 60 dungeons probably also just fell into that category as well.

Also new items in Silver & Gold bags, but we still have to start at F51? gently caress that.

queeb posted:

Am I reading it wrong or do you not get ask your abilities in potd now?

Yeah I'm reading it as you have to have the abilities normally outside of PoTD to be able to use them inside.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dukka posted:

QoL: the game

niiiiiice

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

patch notes posted:

FATEs that appear in 4.0 areas will, on occasion, offer a bonus to EXP awarded upon completion.

The fate shows on spawn whether or not participating grants you the EXP bonus. This is a good change that will make FATEs actually worth doing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dropping pvp requirements to level 30 is a good change.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Maguoob posted:

They probably expect that because you'd be running level 70 dungeons more than the 61-69 ones that they don't need to guarantee a drop. 60 dungeons probably also just fell into that category as well.

Also new items in Silver & Gold bags, but we still have to start at F51? gently caress that.

Yeah I'm reading it as you have to have the abilities normally outside of PoTD to be able to use them inside.

So much for RDM/SAM potd runs tomorrow

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Maguoob posted:

That's role actions, not job actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo crafting no longer requires all classes at 50+

e:
Level Actions
61 Hasty Touch II
62 Careful Synthesis III

• Locked thread