Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

2015 was worse IMO, just as Merc dominated but Rosberg didn't get it together until the WDC outcome was long since decided. At least in 2014 he made a decent go of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

If Lewis is still at Merc and has a non-retarded couple of years; maybe, maybe not.

At Red Bull; he'd probably have the measure of either of them for a season or two, so it'd depend on whether Red Bull could build a competitive car. I doubt he'd go there though because Red Bull doesn't need Alonso.

Frankly, neither does Merc. Ferrari might, it'd depend how brave they are in pissing off Vettel, and how much water has passed under the bridge since he left.

For the lore nerds; can anyone think of someone who has left Ferrari acrimoniously and then come back? Exclude 50's era Fangio who would race for everybody obviously.

I think it would hinge on whether or not Marchionne keeps to his promise of leaving soon. I doubt Alonso would be welcome back at the Scud if the stronzo in the sweater is still top man.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I think it boils down to this:
For Fernando Alonso to have a realistic chance to win the World Drivers Championship for a third time in 2018,
1) He would need to be at Mercedes or Ferrari
2) He would need to be the number 1 driver at Mercedes or Ferrari
3) They would need to stay close enough to the pinnacle, especially in straight line speeds

Since neither Mercedes or Ferrari looks set to jettison their current No1 drivers and Nando isn't exactly welcome at Ferrari, he's not a realistic chance to win the WDC in 2018.

I cried real tears on that final realisation.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Carth Dookie posted:

I can't believe I didn't immediately think of that. :cripes:

Careful, forgetting about Kimi might get you probated.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If i were Marchionne i would totally sign Fernando next season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

I think it would hinge on whether or not Marchionne keeps to his promise of leaving soon. I doubt Alonso would be welcome back at the Scud if the stronzo in the sweater is still top man.

I still think Marchionne is not right in the head enough and has that 80s power businessman vibe that means he'd probably be fire one of the current driver's and hire Alonso if they don't win both championships.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It'd be funny if things happen exactly as they did 10 years ago where Ferrari pay off kimi for his last contract year to make room for an unhappy Alonso from McLaren.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I miss Luca

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

RIP Palmer

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Phwoar, Are Kubbie making a full return to F1?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Just went to post this holy shitttt what a cocktease

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kill Palmer

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Kill Palmer

Just take his right arm and give it to Kubica.

It's nice to see Kubica's speed is still there and his stamina albeit in that god awful past formula car. The biggest concern and, I think this was stated soon after he returned to racing, is the safety aspect. He still has to be able to jump out of the car within 3 seconds or however long it was for the FIA to give him a pass on that.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Big Bobby Cube ftw

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

A Bobby K comeback would be the best part of this season and next.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Guys, I have a confession to make.

I bought more McLaren Honda merch. :cripes:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Did you buy the $2000 extremely engineered sunglasses.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Just take his right arm and give it to Kubica.

gently caress that, I played Metal Gear Solid.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Did you buy the $2000 extremely engineered sunglasses.

I wish, but I'm not Forums Poster Tony Montana levels of flush. I got the 2017 polo to go alongside my 2015 one.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
You're a fool, Harry. You should have bought the Alonso Andretti t-shirt. A t-shirt for $50 lmao

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, nevermind, McLaren merch is actually really awesome. Williams sells t-shirts by hackett for $75.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wherever Nando goes next year I'm going hard on merch.

It will be loving Mercedes now that I've said that...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Zak Brown is a genius, he's secretly making McLaren Honda a joke team so people will buy their merchandise ironically.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Norns posted:

Wherever Nando goes next year I'm going hard on merch.

It will be loving Mercedes now that I've said that...

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Zak Brown is a genius, he's secretly making McLaren Honda a joke team so people will buy their merchandise ironically.

How dare you.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Ok, nevermind, McLaren merch is actually really awesome. Williams sells t-shirts by hackett for $75.

The McLaren Honda Andretti hat I grabbed is the poo poo.

Like I said before, they make be a joke team but their merch game is on point.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Ron's not even associated with this, but the synergy here between Nando-san and this anime car is making him hard

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Can you imagine being in a horrible crash in this car? And they spend a tremendous amount of time trying to extract you from the car but you end up dying and you'll forever be known as that guy who died in the Hatsune Mi--- i mean, uh, Anime Race Car?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

gently caress that, I played Metal Gear Solid.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's mind went there.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wirth1000 posted:

Can you imagine being in a horrible crash in this car? And they spend a tremendous amount of time trying to extract you from the car but you end up dying and you'll forever be known as that guy who died in the Hatsune Mi--- i mean, uh, Anime Race Car?

I would be honored to spill my blood for Hatsune Miku

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
buncha anime nerds iit rn

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nando post here?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDoTo5gT7aI

It's me, I'm the guy refueling the anime vocoloid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

buncha anime nerds iit rn

I'm 1500quid and I'm a recovering anime nerd.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Anime is bad but also good

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

This rules.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It won Okayama it is a legit fast car btw.

Everyone should watch Super GT

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Every time I see this whilst looking at the BBC News F1 section, I have to think to myself "How would you know?"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It won Okayama it is a legit fast car btw.

Everyone should watch Super GT

I do. Hiroaki Ishihura won the 2015 Super Formula championship in a Project Mu Itasha car as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Anime GT and Super Formula are both worth watching

• Locked thread