Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

No Wave posted:

Is there a reason you wouldn't just pass there?

That's a very good point.

I'd still recommend against forfeiting. Your opponent might be dumb enough to forget about passing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Subvisual Haze posted:

That's a very good point.

I'd still recommend against forfeiting. Your opponent might be dumb enough to forget about passing!

Also, if you're ever in a situation where playing any of your cards would hurt you but passing would also hurt you, just let the turn timer run out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Magic Underwear posted:

Also, if you're ever in a situation where playing any of your cards would hurt you but passing would also hurt you, just let the turn timer run out.

Yeah letting the timer run out will randomly discard one of the cards in your hand. Sometimes it can be better than passing or playing a card that would hurt you. There should probably be an option to randomly discard a card to skip a turn so people don't have to do this. Or maybe an option to discard a specific card? Might be too strong.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

RatHat posted:

Yeah letting the timer run out will randomly discard one of the cards in your hand. Sometimes it can be better than passing or playing a card that would hurt you. There should probably be an option to randomly discard a card to skip a turn so people don't have to do this. Or maybe an option to discard a specific card? Might be too strong.

Now I'm curious if the random discard triggers Skellige effects. :v:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
does skellige always loving have all the freya stupid shits and sirgrifa third turn?

is that a bug

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
lmao okay this succ deck is legit e: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21369-top-1-lifecoach-jj-consume-monster-updated

the only thing better than two succ is going 2-0 in the mirror :getin:

I succ his loving nekker, he tries to succ my nekker, he gets to succ on Katakan instead and I close out the round with big consumes (and all the nekkers)

Minera fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 15, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Minrad posted:

lmao okay this succ deck is legit e: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21369-top-1-lifecoach-jj-consume-monster-updated

I succ his loving nekker, he tries to succ my nekker, he gets to succ on Katakan instead and I close out the round with big consumes (and all the nekkers)

I feel like I'm listening to a drunk Scotsman talk about a one night stand.

(that deck looks fun though). I'm actually kind of curious how it shakes out long-term, it seems pretty easy to disrupt consume decks but they're obviously viable at least while the new meta is settling.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Minrad posted:

It's pretty grand and the succubus is a bitch and a goddamn half, but this deck gets shut down super hard by my axemen skellige deck. Lots of monsters means lots of bears targets means lots of buffed axemen.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

It's pretty grand and the succubus is a bitch and a goddamn half, but this deck gets shut down super hard by my axemen skellige deck. Lots of monsters means lots of bears targets means lots of buffed axemen.

You don't run into problems against the succubus? Between renew and go'els it's pretty consistent about turning up twice

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I'm trying to make a Bloody Baron deck and it hurts so much.
I can't make a single consistent deck. Either it's monsters and you win for free or it's green and you get destroyed.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Got my first rage quit ever with a bekkers play, against a guy with a card sharp title at level 6

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Minrad posted:

You don't run into problems against the succubus? Between renew and go'els it's pretty consistent about turning up twice

I literally just unlocked ranked recently so I've mostly been playing against folks who don't have it :v:

Played a bunch of Gwent in the closed beta, but only installed the open beta a few days back when my gaming laptop died and this is the only addicting game that runs on my spare laptop.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Control Volume posted:

Got my first rage quit ever with a bekkers play, against a guy with a card sharp title at level 6

He must've gotten it from Closed Beta.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but buying kegs is stupid at the moment and you should get powder instead.
Milling nerfed premium golds gives you 1600 scrap, and it only takes 400 powder to make that happen.

The 50 dollar pack of powder will give you enough for 9600 scrap if you upgrade Tibor/Velemendreth/Whatever and then mill him to craft him again.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
fifty dollars for a f2p video game in order to exploit a way to get more scrap craft more golds than you'd ever need or want

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

stop loving forfeiting when I'm giving us a draw :smith:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Up Circle posted:

fifty dollars for a f2p video game in order to exploit a way to get more scrap craft more golds than you'd ever need or want

I mean, there are way more golds I want than I can afford, but I'm still not spending 50 bucks on them because I basically already have a full playset of every single common and a pretty good chunk of the useful rares and I don't even play that much, and if there was literally nothing to look forward to in kegs I can't imagine I'd be playing for very long.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
CDPR please nerf Morkvarg's intro sound, it is disgusting.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
Why do people always leave Crones so late? A 20 power swing in round 1 is really nice and it has the added benefit of not loving up your later mulligans. Am I missing something?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

King Pawn posted:

Why do people always leave Crones so late? A 20 power swing in round 1 is really nice and it has the added benefit of not loving up your later mulligans. Am I missing something?

Mostly so the enemy cant respond. 20 unanswerable points as your final play is really strong and has won me a lot of games.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

King Pawn posted:

Its entirely possible and sometimes appropriate to play them in round 1 as a last-act means of taking the lead for sure. Sometimes people wait until round 3 for various reasons. Like having an extra Crone in hand and wanting to mulligan it out or just being so ahead its a waste.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

King Pawn posted:

cause you still need to win round three, and monster decks that crone late don't typically have a big point generator to close games out. on the other hand, monster bronzes are really good so most of the time you should be able to win round one without using crones anyway.

in other news, is regis just an auto-win against the scoiatel spell decks? because it felt like it :D

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Regis is really good against that spell deck, yeah. The deck got nerfed pretty hard (still annoying as hell to play against even when you win) but it happens to be pretty drat good at shutting down the skellige list that has completely swarmed the ladder post-patch. Against a lot of other decks it seems...bad. Or maybe just the ones I keep running into aren't piloted very well.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Regis is really good against that spell deck, yeah. The deck got nerfed pretty hard (still annoying as hell to play against even when you win) but it happens to be pretty drat good at shutting down the skellige list that has completely swarmed the ladder post-patch. Against a lot of other decks it seems...bad. Or maybe just the ones I keep running into aren't piloted very well.

it definitely wasn't nerfed enough, ladder is still full of mongoloids skellige storming the first row on an empty board

also regardless of how aggressively bad they play they will win if you're not teched against the deck

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I hate playing against it and hoped they would aggressively stamp out that kind of completely uninteractive deck because they have literally never, ever been fun to play against in the history of CCGs, but it seems like they want that to be an archetype for whatever reason.

edit: I kinda wonder why they don't just make silver weather faction-based.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 15, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Can anyone help convince me that Aglais isn't a bit shite? I've been trying to use her in a Spell deck and she just seems so niche.

E: HAHAHA, just made a Northern Realms player rage quit, huge flood of Kaedwedni Sergeants(?) the guy who buffs everyone the same strength, assload of blue stipes and ves.

Ithinne > Double Tremors. :v:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 15, 2017

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Flipswitch posted:

Can anyone help convince me that Aglais isn't a bit shite? I've been trying to use her in a Spell deck and she just seems so niche.

E: HAHAHA, just made a Northern Realms player rage quit, huge flood of Kaedwedni Sergeants(?) the guy who buffs everyone the same strength, assload of blue stipes and ves.

Ithinne > Double Tremors. :v:

She'd be better in a more spell-heavy meta. I'd like to argue more for her because she's won me a couple of games but I'm thinking of benching her for saskia atm.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Aglais is bad sadly, as are honest scoiatel decks.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
A monster deck did horrible things to me with Caranthir and Igni. I feel violated.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Aglais is bad sadly, as are honest scoiatel decks.

Punishment for all the pain inflicted during CB.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
is there a standard way to play regis:vamp? at first glance it seems like you can just play him straight away first round, but i don't know if there's a reason that's bad.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

botany posted:

is there a standard way to play regis:vamp? at first glance it seems like you can just play him straight away first round, but i don't know if there's a reason that's bad.

Either play him early to eat up a piece of their combo or busted unit, like a Savage Bear or Reaver Hunter, or against reveal/mulligan/discard variants, late to eat a huge rear end bronze unit. It all depends on the deck.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I keep losing against spell sco as Control radovid

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I question axeman in skellige and i honestly think bear is the harpy of the faction in terms of auto include bronzes

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Axeman is an alright card, just really low starting strength and not great in multiples, unless you stagger them and place them on different rows. The issue is that they are such low strength that they almost don't work with their current enabler, which is the bear. You ideally want to play the bear and the axeman, but because the axeman has such low strength your opponent might put themselves in the position where they can just make you pass and force you to find other ways of buffing the axeman. No units being played = no bear/axeman triggers. Then you have this huge uphill battle to get to the strength needed to win the round, sometimes having to go down a couple cards. Skellige is this slow build faction and other decks are capable of putting out so much strength so quickly and so early.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Just came back to this after a few months away and gently caress this is different. The drop rate seems shittier though since they gave me 44 barrels from the closed beta and it netted me 2 whole golds.

Still figuring out the lock mechanics and keep loving them up.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Weather is good against the damage archetype

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Just came back to this after a few months away and gently caress this is different. The drop rate seems shittier though since they gave me 44 barrels from the closed beta and it netted me 2 whole golds.

Still figuring out the lock mechanics and keep loving them up.

1 in 20-30 is about the going rate. You did fine opening golds. Which ones did you get? They might have been nerfed recently and you can scrap them for your choice of golds.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ShowTime posted:

1 in 20-30 is about the going rate. You did fine opening golds. Which ones did you get? They might have been nerfed recently and you can scrap them for your choice of golds.

I grabbed Saesenthessis and Priscilla which is funny since I've been basically just playing Nilfgaard here at the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I grabbed Saesenthessis and Priscilla which is funny since I've been basically just playing Nilfgaard here at the start.

Uh you start with Saesenthesis...