Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Oh good, another Canadian right-wing militia group. Maybe this will give the RCMP something to do that doesn't involve setting up drug addicts for terrorist acts.

quote:

The people who populate the group are a rough coalition of ex-military members, preppers, conspiracy theorists, and people who are simply scared of what is "happening" to the country. They claim to be heavily armed, with many members posting photos of their numerous guns to their page. Welling said that majority of the group is blue collar shift workers or nine-to-fivers who have been hit hard by Alberta's economic downturn and claimed the III%ers have loaned out thousands of dollars to their fellow members.

:canada:

e: Bonus, the poster-boy up there is another Torontonian transplant. Thanks Alberta, for taking yet another one for the team.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/elite-services-video-1.4161396 I can't say I'm particularly surprised by this but hey, at least body cams might be standard on chicken catchers before our loving police force

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Willing to bet you could find a whoooooooooole lot of firearms violations with those chucklefucks.

Oh, you're shooting a pistol during your "live fire drills"? Is this a registered range? HAHA GET hosed.

Oh, you have a 30-rd magazine for your M16? GET hosed.

Use the law to get these dumb sons of bitches who think they're above it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Are suppressors legal in Canada? Because I'm pretty sure one of the pictured rifles has one.

e: tacticlol_loadout.jpg

MA-Horus posted:

Use the law to get these dumb sons of bitches who think they're above it.

I assume this is what people who complain about gun control in Canada are worried about, not being able to live-fire LARP with their buddies in the woods, training for the coming race war.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 15, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

infernal machines posted:

Are suppressors legal in Canada? Because I'm pretty sure one of the pictured rifles has one.

e: tacticlol_loadout.jpg

I assume this is what people who complain about gun control in Canada are worried about, not being able to live-fire LARP with their buddies in the woods, training for the coming race war.

They're butthurt that they can't go all tactilol with their M4 that has a 5rd pinned mag or take their pistol in a drop-leg holster into the woods "hunting". And there's a whole lot of god-awful fudd SKSes in those pictures, jesus.

M.McFly
Oct 23, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

They're butthurt that they can't go all tactilol with their M4 that has a 5rd pinned mag or take their pistol in a drop-leg holster into the woods "hunting". And there's a whole lot of god-awful fudd SKSes in those pictures, jesus./

I'm obvious out of the loop. What does the bolded part mean?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
it's private pyle complaining that these idiots buy cheap guns :rolleyes:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
lol at the sons of anarchy cosplay

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

quote:

"We are at war folks, we have been at war, and we are in the middle of the fight of our lives," Welling posted in full caps in the closed group. "It's on mother fuckers. It's time to do patriot poo poo. You wanna gently caress around, you've seen nothing yet. We will win this war."

TIME FOR SOME PATRIOT poo poo, EVERYONE GATHER UP AND SING O CANADA

What a bunch of chucklefucks

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
So what exactly are we at war with?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

seriously these guys love sons of anarchy so much

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

namaste faggots posted:

"Ready to bang"

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

namaste faggots posted:

Why does every right wing militia always look like rejects from a biker gang?

They never have just people in normal clothes. Do they really think that this is "cool"?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

TheKingofSprings posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/elite-services-video-1.4161396 I can't say I'm particularly surprised by this but hey, at least body cams might be standard on chicken catchers before our loving police force

It was imperative that the Winnipeg Police Service to get that tactical tank before they could afford body cameras okayyyyyy

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

browns

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

EvilJoven posted:

Umm ~*checks notebook*~ "Islam and the Muslims" apparently

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

EvilJoven posted:

Muslims Gays and Liberals obviously

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Someone needs to tell that guy on the right that trying to grow a stache that early into puberty just makes you look silly.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4156624

Dude on a range shot himself

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

M.McFly posted:

I'm obvious out of the loop. What does the bolded part mean?

The SKS is a pretty lovely Russian semi-automatic rifle manufactured primarily during the time right after WW2 when they were trying to get the AK-47 right.

To "fudd" or "bubba" a firearm is to add all sorts of cheap tacky accessories like rails, grips or collapsible stocks to firearms that they don't really fit to.

For example, adding a collapsible stock, optics rails and a vertical foregrip to grandpa's favorite hunting shotgun.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

namaste faggots posted:

Naw the guy on the left is a fan of Macho Man's rap career.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

The SKS is a pretty lovely Russian semi-automatic rifle manufactured primarily during the time right after WW2 when they were trying to get the AK-47 right.

To "fudd" or "bubba" a firearm is to add all sorts of cheap tacky accessories like rails, grips or collapsible stocks to firearms that they don't really fit to.

For example, adding a collapsible stock, optics rails and a vertical foregrip to grandpa's favorite hunting shotgun.

Banana clipin' my Mosin

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
8" banana clip.

Pinned to 5 rounds.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

EvilJoven posted:

Those guys? Reality.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The Butcher posted:

I did not know about that. And now that I do, I wish I didn't.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/04/02/a-final-indignity-for-cindy-gladue-dimanno.html

And the guy who killed her ended up walking free.

loving hell.

Good Lord, that's horrific. Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I can see the members of Al-Canada running around the woods pretending the FBI is after them while a pair of hosers in lawn chairs sitting by the lake drinking Labatt Blue tell them to "chill out, eh?"

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I for one am glad to see Calgary's massive unemployed population finding ways to keep busy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

If only we could convince these patriots to enlist. Get them off the streets with three hots, a cot, and all the guns they can handle.

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

We should have listened to Harper guys.

quote:

Liberal MPs to call for broadband Internet tax to fund Canadian media

A Liberal-dominated committee will be calling for a 5-per-cent tax on broadband Internet services to fund Canada’s media industries, which are struggling to adapt to technological changes and evolving consumer habits, sources said.

The move would add hundreds of millions of dollars in revenues to the Canadian Media Fund, which already receives a levy on cable bills to finance the production of Canadian content. However, it would open up the government to accusations that it is once again raising taxes on consumers.

Liberal and opposition sources said the new levy is the central proposal in the majority report of the Canadian Heritage Committee of the House of Commons, which will be released on Thursday. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity as the report is not yet public.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

namaste faggots posted:

I'm the guy wearing a gopro on his chest.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

If only we could convince these patriots to enlist. Get them off the streets with three hots, a cot, and all the guns they can handle.

With the lowering of physical requirements for the CF, they're all set!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Femtosecond posted:

We should have listened to Harper guys.

The liberals can just be so goddamn stupid sometimes. 5% isn't a huge increase or anything, but the optics are bad and it's going to piss people off for essentially no reason*. gently caress Canada's media industry if they can't produce things people want to watch, how is it our responsibility to fund them?

* Funnelling government money to a bunch of "artists" in Quebec to shart out another cringetastic episode of Just For Laughs Gags ain't my idea of a compelling reason.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If you want to raise taxes to fund Canadian media start by raising taxes on the rich and corporations that refuse to invest in Canadian media, rather than nickle-and-diming people who actually need the money. That's my hot take, thanks, bye.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Imagine if they'd spent all that LARP gear money on education and retraining for new careers, rather than shooty man outfitting. :allears:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Suppressors are illegal as gently caress and I'm not at all surprised that yet another gaggle of people professing the superiority of the white race are physical evidence against their own claims. Disarm these morons before they loving kill somebody, which is far likelier to happen with an ND into the back of a doublewide than a directed use of force against a Threat to Canada or whatever

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
It's a Canadian tradition to be really into SoA cosplay ...

MAN OF MAYHEM

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

If you want to raise taxes to fund Canadian media start by raising taxes on the rich and corporations that refuse to invest in Canadian media, rather than nickle-and-diming people who actually need the money. That's my hot take, thanks, bye.

Another good vyelkin hot take.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Aug 26, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

InfiniteZero posted:

It's a Canadian tradition to be really into SoA cosplay ...

MAN OF MAYHEM

No beard or Oakleys, 6/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Some minister already rejected the Netflix tax. Is that the fastest a government has shot down a proposal from their own MPs before?