Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Heyoooo

Who won the crystal guessing thing i totally forgot

also, i think i want off the treadmill that is this game so i'm taking a break. feels like there's been no new content for ages and shadowlands and world boss makes it feel like a massive chore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yeah it's been almost an entire week since new content.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
when i say content, i mean more than "press autoplay, leave phone in drawer at work for thirty minutes" friend

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Clawtopsy posted:

also, i think i want off the treadmill that is this game so i'm taking a break. feels like there's been no new content for ages and shadowlands and world boss makes it feel like a massive chore

I'm on a break right now and highly recommend it if you're feeling like this. The X-Men patch felt really transparent about extending the grind without doing anything interesting. It's still the same really solid mobile game, but after a couple years I needed a break.

Better to take a break now and come back for an interesting patch or character release than burn out entirely.

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Never thought I'd come back to Future Fight, but I did leave it on my phone for some reason.

Now I know that reason, because two days ago I happened to see MY BOY CYCLOPS on that icon! Mutants! And my boy!

So, oh yeah I'm back, gonna max out Cyc ASAP. Applied to Marble Hebrons as Bird Law.

Also I'm confused as heeeelllllll, wow there's tons of new stuff, but it's fun.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Bird Law posted:

Never thought I'd come back to Future Fight, but I did leave it on my phone for some reason.

Now I know that reason, because two days ago I happened to see MY BOY CYCLOPS on that icon! Mutants! And my boy!

So, oh yeah I'm back, gonna max out Cyc ASAP. Applied to Marble Hebrons as Bird Law.

Also I'm confused as heeeelllllll, wow there's tons of new stuff, but it's fun.

Welcome back friend! Let's get you on Clawtopsy's level with your boy Cyclops.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wow there is barely any challenges between 3 staring Storm and 5 staring Storm. Harsh.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Clawtopsy posted:

Heyoooo

Who won the crystal guessing thing i totally forgot

I think it was me unless anyone guessed higher than 4,400?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gonna T2 Magneto I guess.

What ISO set are people running on him?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

MarcusSA posted:

Gonna T2 Magneto I guess.

What ISO set are people running on him?

I wound up with Overdrive on my 3rd batch, so I kept it. But any of POAH, Overdrive, Hawk's Eye is worth keeping. Hawks less so since his cooldowns are very low to begin with. I'd also keep Drastic Density if I rolled it.

Magnetman really shits out a ton of damage as long as he keeps his guard hit skill up. I thought about a healing set but settled on gently caress it more damage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

I wound up with Overdrive on my 3rd batch, so I kept it. But any of POAH, Overdrive, Hawk's Eye is worth keeping. Hawks less so since his cooldowns are very low to begin with. I'd also keep Drastic Density if I rolled it.

Magnetman really shits out a ton of damage as long as he keeps his guard hit skill up. I thought about a healing set but settled on gently caress it more damage.

Tom Gorman posted:

Ok cool thanks! I'll start rolling on them and see what I come up with.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Which of the X-Mans should I 6-star with my Mega Rank-up Ticket?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They are all equally farmable, so if you're ranking one just to use it would be Cyclops or Rogue. If you don't have all 4 unlocked yet you could rank one of the others to get to the Cyclops mission earlier assuming you have all the rest of the mission requirements.

I really lucked out in that I had been saving T2 and 6* tokens for a while so I have enough to T2 everyone once I finish farming the bios for gear.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is there a trick to World Boss or do I just need to get gud?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My trick is using maxed out Dr. Strange, Odin, Dormammu, etc. Try that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gypsyshred posted:

I couldn't win until I T2ed Sharon Rogers. Then I could get 1 a day most days. Iron Fist came next to get me a second and help on the ally team. Lady Loki made a 3rd. I'd piece together what I could with other T2s like Cap, Black Widow, and Captain Marvel. By the time I had gotten Dr. Strange I had already mastered 5 teams that could win every day (except Saturday) but Strange made it all academic. Today I decided to screw around and only used my T2s as backups and allies and tried out a few of my newer Level 60s, and it still worked out fine.

Basically you have to just keep working people up. Level 6 skills. 4/17-20 gear. 8 iso sets. T2. All the stuff I learned from this thread is important and slowly caught onto. Eventually it just starts paying off. There's no trick or secret. Its just plugging away at making your roster stronger until one day its strong enough to win.

And try a lot of combos on Proxima because she's the easiest so you'll start winning there first. Spend Sunday trying out a bunch of combinations and seeing what works.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Supergiant is also the easiest

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Don't be afraid, if you are basically soloing a boss, to lose and switch to weaker back up characters either. This is true for worldbosses and shadow lands
So if you can clear only using 2 strongs and a throw away, do that! Then try to find a new combo using that good 3rd person to find a new team combo

Trial and error. Getting people to 6 star and 15 with gears, figuring out when to use what i frame skills
That takes time and grinding it out. It gets easier

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
I'm sure thats the intended experience for world boss, and patience is the name of the game. I just hate that they locked Cyclopes behind it.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

gypsyshred posted:

You could try spinning. That's a good trick.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

blue.eyed.ash posted:

I think it was me unless anyone guessed higher than 4,400?

i cant remember if i went for 420 or 6900

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gypsyshred posted:

yeh the trick is to up your damage. the faster you kill the boss, the less chance they have to kill you, the less skill you need to use. eventually youll get t2 s-tier dudes that just wipe the floor with world bosses and you can do it mindlessly and it takes 5 minutes to do a day's worth

if you only have t1s, you want:

people who can do a shitload of dmg (kaecilius, mordo, hellcat, maybe green goblin, maybe inferno? i didnt use him much at t1)
people with shields or reliable invulnerability or extremely long iframes (silk, songbird, antman, doc ock, mordo and storm i think?)
people who can buff their teammates (daisy, warwolfman)
great leaders (shehulk, star dash lord, that guy with donkey hooves from the inhumans, ancient one)

lists not exhaustive of course

you also want to improve your cards, as they improve everyone you use. take +all damage on cards ahead of any other stat until you can comfortably kill most world bosses 5 times a day, and then farm up some black orders or dr stranges or whatever

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
OH MY loving GOD ALL MY loving CRYSTALS ARE GONE BUT NOW I HAVE MAGFUCKINGNETO AND I CAN ENJOY THIS GAME AGAIN SUCK MY DICK

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

C. Everett Koop posted:

OH MY loving GOD ALL MY loving CRYSTALS ARE GONE BUT NOW I HAVE MAGFUCKINGNETO AND I CAN ENJOY THIS GAME AGAIN SUCK MY DICK

Text me :bigtran:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

fart simpson posted:

Text me :bigtran:

still 1-900-mixalot?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/06/14/news/midcoast/maine-woman-attacked-by-raccoon-drowns-rabid-animal-in-puddle/

Bangor Daily News posted:

HOPE, Maine — While jogging on a familiar, overgrown, wooded trail near her home on a recent warm afternoon, Rachel Borch thought to herself, “what a beautiful day.”

Little did she know she was about to be attacked by a rabid raccoon she would end up killing with her bare hands.

stay safe greywords

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I need Greywords to post immediately to let us know he is ok.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Took longer than expected, but finally finished the story and got my 60/6/6 wolvie. Didn't really have to whale much either.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
So I have a bios selector sub for the next 28 days. I've been picking the paywall characters I didn't have yet (Kid Kaiju, Agent Venom, Enchantress so far, I think Ironheart and Fake Superman are left), but that will leave me with some choices on who to invest deep in once the 1* bases are covered.

Some simple math will show that I pretty much need to use tickets to rank these guys up, so would I be right to assume that my real choice is where to stockpile bios for upgrading gear to 20? I know there is an element of RNG involved, but how many bios is a "safe" amount for that? I also used a 6* ticket on Carnage and got his gear up to 19/17/17/17 with the free bios I had left over, should I try to finish him off?

I have one set of 1-6* rank up tickets left to use, there were some suggestions that I might want to save them for Clea since evidently she is horrendous to farm and needed for Dr. Strange, rather than using them right away to make a paywall character usable.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

finish carnage then work on enchantress then agent venom

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.
Posting immediately to say while I moved, I did not move to Maine. I'm still in Alaska and untorn open by bare hands. Or bear hands.

Your racon is still alive and well.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Greywords posted:

Posting immediately to say while I moved, I did not move to Maine. I'm still in Alaska and untorn open by bare hands. Or bear hands.

Your racon is still alive and well.

Oh thank god. I put your face on a milk carton. Ignore that if you see it.

Just don't buy Dean's. And maybe stay away from grocery stores.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

punchymcpunch posted:

i cant remember if i went for 420 or 6900

According to page 1, you went "4200+69"

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Is MagnetMan worth a Mega Mastery or do I get enough of the new mastery thingys that I'm better served hoarding it? I've got two and can kinda fake a third.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Is MagnetMan worth a Mega Mastery or do I get enough of the new mastery thingys that I'm better served hoarding it? I've got two and can kinda fake a third.

If you have his quest and finish the wolverine epic quest you get 500 some bits. Ample to t2 him without using a mega 2
If you are concerned do his 2 a day mission to get another 16 to 20 a day

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

I blew one on him. I couldn't be assed to do the math and it was just sitting there anyway sooo.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

T2 Magnet Man is so worth it. He's underwhelming at T1. Soooo much damage at T2 though, it's crazy.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Any goon teams that do Alliance Conquest that I can apply to? My other group don't really focus on it too much and I like the mode.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

im freaking the heck out posted:

Any goon teams that do Alliance Conquest that I can apply to? My other group don't really focus on it too much and I like the mode.

come to worst alliance, I'm not a huge fan but we've got some guys who run it fairly consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Cool thanks! Going to be applying today as CakePirate. I do Alliance Battle too and all that stuff. :)

Wilmott Snipes fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 16, 2017