Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Raid mechanic is back. Vehicles are back. Mono-green Merfolk? Mono-white Vampires? Why not

oh well, apparently this guy can. *sigh* i guess i need new glasses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That makes my eyes cross. Somebody transcribe every legible card for me. Immediately!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'm the guy with a phone in 2017 that takes 540x960 resolution photos. Don't fire me!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Hostage Taker seems cool. 2UB or 3UB for a 2/1 Banisher Priest that lets you cast the exiled creature with any color mana. And it hits artifacts too.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Aha this latest "leak" clearly shows the entire thing is fake,

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I see... raid is back, a monowhite vampire cleric reanimating 3 cmc creatures, a 4 mana blue/black guy that exile target creature or artifact and let you play it...

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 15, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This is completely absurd

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

uPen posted:

I'm the guy with a phone in 2017 that takes 540x960 resolution photos. Don't fire me!

This is how intentional promo leaks always go. They try to look cheeky and show some decent stuff in a couple pics then show potato pics for the others. It's always dark, high glare, and blurry.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chill la Chill posted:

This is how intentional promo leaks always go. They try to look cheeky and show some decent stuff in a couple pics then show potato pics for the others. It's always dark, high glare, and blurry.

http://i.imgur.com/okp66FD.gif

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Entropic posted:

Hostage Taker seems cool. 2UB or 3UB for a 2/1 Banisher Priest that lets you cast the exiled creature with any color mana. And it hits artifacts too.

Am I reading it wrong, or does that card create arbitrarily infinite ETB triggers?

Hostage Taker enters, targets itself, exiles itself, returns itself, targets itself, etc

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
The only important thing is that everybody goes on record about whether this is real or fake. Then the winning side has to gloat when it's proved by spoiler season.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
meanwhile
https://twitter.com/InkedPlaymats/status/875379278912700416

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Vraska's Command 2BB
Instant
Exile target creature or 'walker.
You gain 2 life.

Yeah right, like WotC would print that. :rolleyes:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mossyfisk posted:

Am I reading it wrong, or does that card create arbitrarily infinite ETB triggers?

Hostage Taker enters, targets itself, exiles itself, returns itself, targets itself, etc

Lol it does look like they forgot to put the word "another" in there.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Looks like there's another mechanic that's 'whenever this is dealt damage, do something'.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Vraska's Command 2BB
Instant
Exile target creature or 'walker.
You gain 2 life.

Yeah right, like WotC would print that. :rolleyes:

That's not a real command :mad:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
People on Reddit are swearing that the new Jace has something else on his typeline besides "Planeswalker" -- maybe Legendary Planeswalker? I can't really see it and I'm not sure how that would matter unless they're changing the Planeswalker uniqueness rule

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It looked like Vraska's Corruption or something to me.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

goferchan posted:

People on Reddit are swearing that the new Jace has something else on his typeline besides "Planeswalker" -- maybe Legendary Planeswalker? I can't really see it and I'm not sure how that would matter unless they're changing the Planeswalker uniqueness rule

That would imply they can make nonlegendary planes walkers which would be weird.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Entropic posted:

It looked like Vraska's Corruption or something to me.

I think you might be right.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
There's a vehicle in that photograph. WTF?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mossyfisk posted:

There's a vehicle in that photograph. WTF?

Pirate ships, obviously!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I don't know what it is about this thread's bloodlust for wanting people fired (aside from trick) is, but ok. But, if this ends up in another hilarious Trick jarrett moment, sure i'll hop on the unintentional leak bandwagon.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I see a graveyard hate enchantment - a little late but still nice to see "players can't cast spells from graveyards or activate abilities of cards in graveyards. Whenever a creature dies you gain 1 life"

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

This looks like it's from a 2004 .5 megapixel flip phone

uPen posted:

drat, I didn't read all 65 unread comments before posting

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

goferchan posted:

It definitely looks like he's got more text there

Chill la Chill posted:

I don't know what it is about this thread's bloodlust for wanting people fired (aside from trick) is, but ok. But, if this ends up in another hilarious Trick jarrett moment, sure i'll hop on the unintentional leak bandwagon.

I figured you were joking up to this point but now it's just weird

I don't understand why you think they'd intentionally leak this much info from Ixalan right before the next set's previews are about to go up

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't see any vehicles in those photos, where are people seeing that?

edit: nevermind, i see it now. thought it was a white creature for some reason.

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 15, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

uPen posted:

i still have an iphone 4, please don't disparage cheapskates

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Legacy all day on stream. Sweet.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TheChirurgeon posted:

It definitely looks like he's got more text there

I figured you were joking up to this point but now it's just weird

I don't understand why you think they'd intentionally leak this much info from Ixalan right before the next set's previews are about to go up

I mean you and I have both played GW games and they as a company did this stuff too. Maybe it's more common in minis games. It's SOP as far as I know.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

i don't see any vehicles in those photos, where are people seeing that?

from jace card (upper right corner) go down a row and one card left.
It's an artifact creature card with a brown P/T box.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

uPen posted:

On Android devices you can set the resolution of pictures as a setting, which is helpful if you want to save space or send a lot of photos and don't want each one to be a 3MB attachment. Some messaging services will also autocompress the images

but hey maybe this was just the genius marketing plan of someone at Wizards

Chill la Chill posted:

I mean you and I have both played GW games and they as a company did this stuff too. Maybe it's more common in minis games. It's SOP as far as I know.

what? No they didn't

Unless you think "putting cameraphone photos of every page of their new rulebooks on a Russian Google Drive" was somehow one of their marketing tactics

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Could it be a non-Jace planeswalker that makes Jace tokens for some reason or other or specifically hates on Jace because he's an rear end in a top hat

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

TheChirurgeon posted:

On Android devices you can set the resolution of pictures as a setting, which is helpful if you want to save space or send a lot of photos and don't want each one to be a 3MB attachment. Some messaging services will also autocompress the images

but hey maybe this was just the genius marketing plan of someone at Wizards

what? No they didn't

Unless you think "putting cameraphone photos of every page of their new rulebooks on a Russian Google Drive" was somehow one of their marketing tactics

They always posted blurry upcoming minis just like this 10 years ago. They still do, but now they put it on facebook. Cheeky cellphone pics have always been a thing that companies do.

I mean it got people here talking about the new stuff. Are you saying this is bad marketing?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

DariusLikewise posted:

Could it be a non-Jace planeswalker that makes Jace tokens for some reason or other or specifically hates on Jace because he's an rear end in a top hat

It's probably the famed Jace PW who finally does illusion magic.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chill la Chill posted:

They always posted blurry upcoming minis just like this 10 years ago. They still do, but now they put it on facebook. Cheeky cellphone pics have always been a thing that companies do.

I mean it got people here talking about the new stuff. Are you saying this is bad marketing?

First off, those blurry photos were usually taken at events like Gamesday where it was poo poo they had on display. This is more like when someone found the new Magnus box in the trash bins and they had to do damage control around it (which was pretty funny). I'd be hard-pressed to believe that GW is marketing White Dwarf by posting blurry photos of entire articles online a week before release

Second, yeah this is bad loving marketing (if it were marketing) because you can't buy this set and there's a new set that is coming out in a few weeks that is about to get previews, and from a marketing perspective we *should* be talking about that. People were already talking about the stuff WotC chose to reveal about Ixalan without this. I'm not sure why you think it's good marketing to steal your next product's thunder by leaking the product after that really early

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

It's the wrong timing. There will be the first spoilers for HoD in a few days.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

getting people talking 3 months before they can buy the thing at the expense of not having new stuff to show them 2 weeks before they can buy the thing, yeah i'd say that's bad marketing.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Someone look hard and tell me if there is a Fog spell in there :evil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

80s James Hetfield posted:

Someone look hard and tell me if there is a Fog spell in there :evil:

it's the rare sheet, you'd be looking for a howling mine effect i would think. and no, there isn't.