Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Two eps in a row with crazy murderous small town folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Some amazing lines this episode:

"How did you find the wine?" "I just slapped a label on a bottle of Diet Rite and she said, and I quote, 'This is the best wine I have ever had'.

"Oh, that vine only produced 4 grapes so I had to top it off with gasoline and a little nitroglycerin."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is the next episode not until July 24th?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You're just upset your not head Crow Guy!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

You're just upset your not head Crow Guy!
Apparently that guy was Corey Stoll

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Everything at the Fair was amazing. Like that was a 5 min stretch of just back to back funny as hell jokes with the 'Test your Strength" bell saga.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

FlamingLiberal posted:

The guests on American dad are ridiculous

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

Head Crow Guy? Neato.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
The whole Townsville 2nd act was perfect.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
But what of Barry and Jeff's project? :ohdear:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BexGu posted:

Everything at the Fair was amazing. Like that was a 5 min stretch of just back to back funny as hell jokes with the 'Test your Strength" bell saga.

That random guy wrestling Stan for a "munion" (is that how you spell it?) was amazing.

The_Doctor posted:

But what of Barry and Jeff's project? :ohdear:

We'll get to see that next week.

Also, Barry and Jeff have met before in "adventures in Haleysitting", Jeff was just so stoned that he didn't remember.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

We'll get to see that next week.

Uh, bad news buddy. There's no new ep for the next two weeks at least.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jeff was just so stoned that he didn't remember.

I feel like that's Jeff all the time.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
how is this show still so drat good

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's the show McFarlane still cares about.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's the show McFarlane still cares about.

Are you sure? There hasn't been an extended musical tribute to the Rat Pack era in quite some time and despite being Jewish Snot manages to talk in a way that isn't a disgusting stereotype 100% of the time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Seth has basically no input in American Dad other than voices these days.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Seth has basically no input in American Dad other than voices these days.
It has been that way for years

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

McFarlane must realize when he's reading the scripts before/during recording how much better the writing is than Family Guy.. right??

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you

Last Chance posted:

McFarlane must realize when he's reading the scripts before/during recording how much better the writing is than Family Guy.. right??

He's probably too busy thinking about all the drat money he makes.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

TheFattestPat posted:

He's probably too busy thinking about all the drat money he makes.

Fox doesn't seem to want to let Family Guy go any time soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The repeated jokes in Family Guy that he hates having to churn it out aren't jokes.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

From what little I've seen of new Family Guy it seems like the writers just don't care anymore. They are out of ideas and are making jokes about being out of ideas. They just want it to end but are stuck in network hell like The Simpsons.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

From what little I've seen of new Family Guy it seems like the writers just don't care anymore. They are out of ideas and are making jokes about being out of ideas. They just want it to end but are stuck in network hell like The Simpsons.
I know McFarlane said in an interview 3-4 years ago that if it was were up to him the show would have ended some time ago

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
It's not like it's a huge tragedy. Family Guy is really funny IMO, but it wasn't a cultural touchstone like The Simpsons. The Simpsons fell much further from it's heights so it's a lot more frustrating what it became.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hope everyone has a

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The_Doctor posted:

I hope everyone has a

:same:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Happy July 4th!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's back!

The Life and Times of Stan Smith
Stan becomes addicted to dying after Roger tricks him into thinking he had a heart attack; Klaus takes Steve to Arizona State University for a college visit, where a fraternity hazes him.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Bout drat time. That's also an amazing plot synopsis. They always sounds like monkey cheese bullshit but somehow make sense while watching the show.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, it's going to be Flatliners starring Stan Smith.

I approve.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Are we not getting a resolution to the Barry/Jeff cliffhanger?!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

bull3964 posted:

So, it's going to be Flatliners starring Stan Smith.

I approve.

Incidentally, there's going to be a sequel to that film starring Ellen Page and Keifer Sutherland next month. Who even demanded that? 2017 is weird.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jul 23, 2017

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

That episode was great.

I loved the ninja warrior course gag.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
As easy a target as ASU is, Steve and Klaus' side-plot had me in stitches. This show always delivers for me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

FELD1 posted:

As easy a target as ASU is, Steve and Klaus' side-plot had me in stitches. This show always delivers for me.
BETA JIZZ!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FELD1 posted:

#1 in innovation!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Great that AD is back. I want to shout out its continued consistency in production, even with the channel changeover there's been no perceptible loss of quality in animation or sound. The scene where Francine takes a reluctant Stan to the vegan restaurant and he reacts with the disingenuous "Yaaaaaye" is one of the funniest nuanced face gags I've ever seen in an animated comedy

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hollywood Video > Blockbuster Video

Also, I had dinner last night on ASU campus, and boy howdy, let me tell you, every ASU joke ever told on AD or Family Guy is 100% correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The poor dean of ASU. Just flipping through the channels one night, probably wicked hungover, waiting for his roommate to get back with the Jack-in-the-Box tacos, and BAM, there's some cartoon making GBS threads all over your school.