Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

RDA also got eye poked real bad in I think round 2? He was looking great until then. Similarly Barboza got illegally upkicked real bad in the first. Both those fights could have gone quite differently.

He did get eye poked real bad, but he was also getting beat up by tony prior to the eye poke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Matt Serra is a former UFC champion and actively trains some of the most talented MMA fighters on the planet. I think he might just follow MMA closely.

If you listen to the show regularly I don't understand how you would think that Serra keeps up with much besides what's going on with his own fighters and MMA headlines. He probably doesn't give a poo poo about the wider MMA world below the surface, as he's retired and spends his spare time eating Philly cheesesteaks with Dana, making GBS threads, TRT loving his wife, and raising his kids. Neither host thinks Dana White lies, really? On this very episode, they even admit they don't know what DJ's "demands" were concerning the TJ fight, nor his pay structure. They most often rely on their producer to give them factual info as they're recording.

Does Matt Serra know about fighting and training MMA? Absolutely. He even watches fights. But there's no evidence he's sitting at home in his reading glasses and a plate of baked ziti, prepping for the show by reading articles about the behind the scenes workings of the UFC.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 15, 2017

red19fire
May 26, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Cody calling TJ out for gyno nipples during the prank war was eyebrow raising, but there was obvious no explanation for casual (?) viewers.

It's a side effect of (poorly) using steroids.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

red19fire posted:

It's a side effect of (poorly) using steroids.

Yeah but he doesn't have gyno anyway, so its a confusing accusation.

I posted this before but heres a great pic of am MMA fighter with really bad gyno

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
they're so pert

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

The only thing Matt Serra follows closely is ice cream truck music.

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this mayweather/conor match is really gonna overshadow mighty mouse ducking tj. poor guy

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Is it really ducking though when you've already accepted another bout?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Yes

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Has the guy MM was supposed to fight said anything ?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

he said I need TP for my bung hole

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bundt Cake posted:

He's probably forgotten that he exists himself.

Ray Borg or something? Seems like the one person who actually ought to be nicknamed "Cy"

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bundt Cake posted:

Yeah he went on the MMA hour and says he literally doesn't care. He's like 23 and isn't in a hurry to fight MM although he feels "ready."

IMO it kills a lot of MM's leverage when the guy he is desperate to fight is not that interested.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nierbo posted:

According to Borg he was never offered a contract to fight MM.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FishBowlRobot posted:

he's retired and spends his spare time eating Philly cheesesteaks with Dana, making GBS threads, TRT loving his wife, and raising his kids.

You forgot jerking off in Dana's guest house, something all former champions can aspire to one day achieving.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dana White posted:

“Shut up. Step up and fight like Conor McGregor fights."

Next to never? In the middle of a press conference? What are you trying to say here, bald old man with coke+HGH bloat?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Conor fought a lot before he decided to make 100 billion dollars

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

People can complain about who he fought but it's silly to complain about how often he fights

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

People can complain about who he fought but it's silly to complain about how often he fights

I don't know which person you're talking about but I agree.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Yes, Demetrious Johnson, averaging two to three fights per year like clockwork, you are the one who should step up and fight.

You can bang on about how often Conor fights, but he's also much, much better paid, and fights about as often as DJ. DJ is paid gently caress all, yet maintains one of the tightest schedules of any champ. He's fought twice since Conor last fight, and will probably make it three or even four by the time Conor actually fights in the UFC again.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Conor got a belt, left the weight class, got another belt, and left the sport.

I do not respect that.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Snowman_McK posted:

Yes, Demetrious Johnson, averaging two to three fights per year like clockwork, you are the one who should step up and fight.

I also love the fact he holds Conor up as the gold standard. This is the guy that held 3 divisions to ransom and refused to fight unless he got the opponent he wanted and the paycheck he wanted. Did he forget that he had to strip Conor of his belt because he refused to defend it?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Max Kellerman's thoughts on McGregor

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Looten Plunder posted:

I also love the fact he holds Conor up as the gold standard. This is the guy that held 3 divisions to ransom and refused to fight unless he got the opponent he wanted and the paycheck he wanted. Did he forget that he had to strip Conor of his belt because he refused to defend it?

Refused to defend it because he was avenging hurt pride against Diaz, only to get a completely unearned title shot, skipping at least two or three guys on massive win streaks and millions of dollars.

Yeah, of loving course Conor shows up and fights. You give him enormous incentive to.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Conor fought nine billion times a year before he got famous, MM should consider moving from phase 1 to phase 2.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Conor fought nine billion times a year before he got famous, MM should consider moving from phase 1 to phase 2.

Not really, depending on exactly when you judge he got famous.

2013: twice
2014: twice
2015: three times
2016: three times

Yes, he fought 5 times in 2011 before coming to the UFC, beating 5 guys who I'm totally sure exist, but then only 3 times in 2012, having moved onto the big league of Cage Warriors.

Restricted to his UFC career, there's no such trend. If anything, it's shifting the other way. He fights more as his paycheques have gone up. Interesting. I'm sure there's no lesson we could apply to Mighty Mouse here.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

This gimmick is getting old dude.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
gotta feel bad for tj, in line for two title shots and both champs are ducking him

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Huh interesting just got a notification Fight Pass now has a 24/7 stream of scheduled fights and documentaries always running. They're inching closer and closer to being like the WWE Network.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skip My Posts posted:

gotta feel bad for tj, in line for two title shots and both champs are ducking him

He just lost a title fight not that long ago, maybe he should have won that if he wanted more title fights.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Looten Plunder posted:

This gimmick is getting old dude.

Once you're a respected computer programmer maybe you can weigh in on what other posters should or shouldn't say here

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

big money big clit posted:

He just lost a title fight not that long ago, maybe he should have won that if he wanted more title fights.

he got the title fights but the champs are too afraid i guess

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My famous gimmick, agreeing with concensus reality,

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I didn't program computers for 20 years to be disrespected by a drat punk...

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

fightpass has a 24/7 stream now

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If only they had a PS4 app

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Khabib is ducking the entire sport of MMA and is instead collecting mega sponsorship and appearance money for being an undefeated UFC fighter in a garbage country. Fedor is back

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
UFC just introduced a new feature on UFC Fight Pass.

https://www.ufc.tv/channel/fight-pass-24-7

It's their own 24/7 stream of fights, original stuff etc. According to the schedule it switches over to the live events like weigh ins, Fight Pass prelims, partnered promotional cards etc. but when not showing those its using the fight library and originals for Fight Pass to fill in the time as well. It's pretty much a full on UFC TV channel now.

edit: efb

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 16, 2017

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Before the fox deal we had a versus channel that was 24/7 wec/UFC reruns. Glad the internet finally made it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

tesilential posted:

Before the fox deal we had a versus channel that was 24/7 wec/UFC reruns. Glad the internet finally made it happen

Well Versus would alternate to bass fishing half the time.

• Locked thread