Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Zelder posted:

What the gently caress

Is someone holding capcom at gun point and forcing them to self sabotage

capcom is unmatched in its ability to shock its audiences and continually top itself over the years with new and inventive ways to disappoint and confuse fans of its games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

We've added fan favorite gene to marvel vs capcom infinite

*whole moveset works on a roulette system*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pissdude posted:

it's standard fireball motion to do buster shot with X, and when you charge it you're locked into staying still for the duration of the charge. if you start charging it in the air and don't shoot by the time you land you just lose the charge completely and don't even shoot, you just return to neutral lol
i mean, it makes sense, x as a character was never defining by his mobility, especially in the air, while shooting

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Endorph posted:

i mean, it makes sense, x as a character was never defining by his mobility, especially in the air, while shooting

ok

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

From my memories of playing Mega Man X, you hold down R and X will stay in place while yelling "CHAAAARGE SHOT!". But where's his laser scarf/cape?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Every time I see anything from this game it just looks worse and worse.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Not everything on the internet is at face value!

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

Zelder posted:

Not everything on the internet is at face value!

ok!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IURT8bhpm2I&t=1690s

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Endorph posted:

If only he could be like his older cousin and JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

No dragon punches... drat

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dumb inputs and weird MM Buster stuff aside, I don't mind how the game plays and feels tbh. It still looks like absolute poo poo.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Kay Kessler posted:

From my memories of playing Mega Man X, you hold down R and X will stay in place while yelling "CHAAAARGE SHOT!". But where's his laser scarf/cape?

Premium DLC Costume.
I'm not even lying.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/therealzef/status/874794603492372480

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wasn't there supposed to be a monster hunter character? i just see Dahren Mohran which i assume is supposed to be a story encounter because it's an enormous monster

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Countblanc posted:

wasn't there supposed to be a monster hunter character? i just see Dahren Mohran which i assume is supposed to be a story encounter because it's an enormous monster

Hunter would be the Monster Hunter character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oh yeah good call, i don't know how i missed that.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

gently caress, still no Squirrel Girl or Shuma Gorath. And what's the point of Gamora if I can't tag team with Sodom?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dante, are you feeling alright?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
An hour of versus mode gameplay on the Capcom Unity stream at 12pm PDT.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fellblade posted:

An hour of versus mode gameplay on the Capcom Unity stream at 12pm PDT.

it's startign.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I don't mind if a fighting game is ugly, kof15 is ugly as hell and it's still pretty good. But I have so little faith in capcom to deliver on this that it's kind of impressive

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

I don't mind if a fighting game is ugly, kof15 is ugly as hell and it's still pretty good. But I have so little faith in capcom to deliver on this that it's kind of impressive

KOF 14 and funny you'd mention KOF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpzwwErua7Y

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FlE9XUOLg8

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Both of these videos are genius.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i wouldn't be hopeful about the kof analogy. the situation here is completely different and seems bad from a game design pov

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

glamour shot

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Combofiend looks as though he knows the ship is sinking.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
That's the face of somebody who is working at a venue while everybody else is enjoying themselves.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
theyre all working dude

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Sorry, I momentarily forgot to put on my capcops illuminati vision shades.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I eagerly await the 9.8 Excelente rating from IGN for this masterpiece.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Fellblade posted:

Sorry, I momentarily forgot to put on my capcops illuminati vision shades.

you're right. capcom would never pay out fgc members for their support for marketing

oh wait what exactly is capcup and eleague
or mopreme and kamui for sf 15th anniv marketing a decade ago
or mr wizard for cfe around the same time
or buktooth for mvc3
or s kill for sfxt
or combofiend for mvci

nah that's not part of a pattern or anything, it's a conspiracy to suggest capcom markets their games using fgc member credibility

cams
Mar 28, 2003

imagine caring this much about what other people think about a game you have not played yet

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

cams How about we speed this meltdown up to the point where you take a 30 day vacation

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zelder posted:

cams How about we speed this meltdown up to the point where you take a 30 day vacation

can we get zand in the package tho

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zelder posted:

ok what do you got, i need something to go off of. last time i called for genocide of people who post about video games on internet forums and asked to be permabanned but there was buildup to that.

the weird hostile dickwaving about video game opinions is so bizarre to me, it is real gross and you guys have been doing it for yeaaaars

game looks fun from gameplay i've seen, i like the combat focused on constant tagging for setups. will most likely buy it when it's available. i saw like 3 or 4 people actually post legitimate thoughts about the game in the mire of bullshit, and i agree with the biggest complaint which is that much of the game is directly recycled content and on top of that they are doing large, immediate dlc packages. that is the biggest bummer to me about this game.

i am poor as poo poo and video games do not cost so much that i could imagine generating legitimate outrage at something i have the choice of whether or not to buy. that's all i got.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i think you can apply aris saying theres a holy war between people who are paid to like poo poo and people who aren't paid to like poo poo to not just marvel versus capcom infinite but meny aspects of your life

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/Tekkaxe/status/875156143760224256

EDIT:

Zand posted:

you're right. capcom would never pay out fgc members for their support for marketing

oh wait what exactly is capcup and eleague
or mopreme and kamui for sf 15th anniv marketing a decade ago
or mr wizard for cfe around the same time
or buktooth for mvc3
or s kill for sfxt
or combofiend for mvci

nah that's not part of a pattern or anything, it's a conspiracy to suggest capcom markets their games using fgc member credibility

:goonsay:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 15, 2017

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i would be disappointed if this game was good and we were stuck w/race realists as the OP but instead it's entirely fitting

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Dias posted:

can we get zand in the package tho

you have the weirdest axe to grind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zelder posted:

• Locked thread