Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's atypical in a few major ways
1. The art is very bad
2. Never comes out

Other than that it's just Jojo fights starring child goku and his friend, child Vegeta.

The hottest take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the hanzo steel of hunter x hunter htread posts

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Killua isn't Vegeta.

He is a good boy.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's atypical in a few major ways
1. The art is very bad
2. Never comes out

Other than that it's just Jojo fights starring child goku and his friend, child Vegeta.

I thought I was the only one who thought the art was terrible! :hfive:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
did you guys completely miss that turkey or what?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

did you guys completely miss that turkey or what?

We did, can you please tell us? :allears:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
A legendary page.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
(In Macklemore feat Ryan Lewis voice) drat, that's a shaded rear end turkey.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

The thing that makes me the saddest about this page is that Togashi's napkin sketches are still better than my most sincere attempts at art.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm just thinking the artist was hungry when drawing this panel, and then after eating a primo turkey leg he kinda stopped giving a poo poo cause, 'whatever man, my belly is full here, let's pick up the check and bounce.'

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

togashi's sketches own

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Someone should just set up Kubo and Togashi as a pair, that way Togashi only has to write and Kubo only has to draw cool poo poo.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Togashi has really good art when he's not dead whereas Kubo is a hack. Togashi isn't a hyper detailed guy but his character designs are very good and he has a really good eye for panel compostion and flow of combat.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 17, 2017

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
those latter panels with the mass of controlled bodies climbing over one another to break hisoka is one of my favorite in all of manga. it really sells the claustrophobia of the fight

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I don't know what Hisoka's problem is. They clearly both agreed at the beginning of the match that all the chasing and being chased was tiresome, and that this deathmatch would settle things. It was a battle to the death, and Hisoka died. His heart stopped beating! That should have been the end of the grudge.
:colbert:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like that it took dying for Hisoka to realise "don't let your opponent choose a venue where they have every advantage and you have none".

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
hisoka's whole deal is that he likes the rush he gets from picking apart his opponents whole strategy and way of fighting and utterly loving dominating them. chrollos strategy in their match depended on him borrowing the powers of his subordinates, so now hisoka's going to murder them all as he advances his plan to take him down. hisoka didn't die so as far as he's concerned the match isn't over yet

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Law Cheetah posted:

hisoka's whole deal is that he likes the rush he gets from picking apart his opponents whole strategy and way of fighting and utterly loving dominating them. chrollos strategy in their match depended on him borrowing the powers of his subordinates, so now hisoka's going to murder them all as he advances his plan to take him down. hisoka didn't die so as far as he's concerned the match isn't over yet

there's no way that is the only possible combination of nen that chrollo could come up with. if hisoka is still trying to defeat that particular set then he completely missed the point.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

FAT BATMAN posted:

I don't know what Hisoka's problem is. They clearly both agreed at the beginning of the match that all the chasing and being chased was tiresome, and that this deathmatch would settle things. It was a battle to the death, and Hisoka died. His heart stopped beating! That should have been the end of the grudge.
:colbert:

There are a few clues that indicate that it wasn't really a 1vs1 duel, like they agreed. Possibly, other Spiders were in the public.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Shugojin posted:

Someone should just set up Kubo and Togashi as a pair, that way Togashi only has to write and Kubo only has to draw cool poo poo.
Nooooo this is a terrible idea son. I don't like relying on youtubers for evidence but one of them did a short video on Bleach and by the time that series ends everyone is fighting in a blank void.

edit; I checked and even as simple an activity as 'running' qualifies for a background made of speedlines.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Plus Togashi is married to a better artist than Kubo.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's no way that is the only possible combination of nen that chrollo could come up with. if hisoka is still trying to defeat that particular set then he completely missed the point.

Just because it's not the only thing that can beat him doesn't mean he should just ignore it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

Just because it's not the only thing that can beat him doesn't mean he should just ignore it.

yeah, but that particular set only works with a big crowd. without the crowd chrollo would just be a fast dude with death hands, and i'm sure hisoka has dealt with similar opponents plenty of times.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Pierson posted:

Nooooo this is a terrible idea son. I don't like relying on youtubers for evidence but one of them did a short video on Bleach and by the time that series ends everyone is fighting in a blank void.

edit; I checked and even as simple an activity as 'running' qualifies for a background made of speedlines.
Its more kubo being a lenient boss than a bad artists

kubo posted:

My assistants draw the backgrounds

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I said detail wasn't his strong point. Please don't lash out at Togashi because he hasn't brought Tonpa back. :saddowns:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kubo's blank backgrounds were a deliberate choice.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i took hisokas immediate murder fantasies upon revival to be evidence that, even more than before, he had a few screws loose coming back from death. like he seems ultra hosed up now, as opposed to just super hosed up prior.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

It isn't hisoka anymore, it's just bungee gum puppeteering a corpse

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Kubo's a great artist when he's motivated and isn't basically forced to work on the same thing for 15 years. If you had been stuck on Bleach for that long you'd probably stop giving a poo poo too. Would the last couple years of its run really have been all that much better if it had proper backgrounds? Everything about the writing was still rear end outside of a couple bright spots here and there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kubo's minimalist art style would have been fine if not for how awful his writing ended up. i don't think comparing kubo to togashi is very fair, though. togashi's work is often richly imaginative and compelling, but kubo could actually put out chapters on a regular schedule. so, apples and oranges.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's more like comparing Frank Ocean's sporadically released albums to someone with consistently regular bowel movements.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bleach should've legit ended with Aizen going down. The series already had a ton of problems, but Aizen's defeat would've made for a fairly strong finale. Imagine: The guy who, after countless times of having made a fool out of everyone, now finds himself going down screaming at his fate, furious and despairing that two guys he thought "beneath him" kicked his rear end + imprisoned him.

Alas, it did not end there.

In non-Bleach related things, HxH returns next week, right?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Bleach should've legit ended with Aizen going down. The series already had a ton of problems, but Aizen's defeat would've made for a fairly strong finale. Imagine: The guy who, after countless times of having made a fool out of everyone, now finds himself going down screaming at his fate, furious and despairing that two guys he thought "beneath him" kicked his rear end + imprisoned him.

Alas, it did not end there.

In non-Bleach related things, HxH returns next week, right?

And about half its dangling plot points would've been left unanswered.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

And about half its dangling plot points would've been left unanswered.
I stopped following Bleach right after Hueco Mundo arc ended and I'm betting that said plot points were not addressed in any satisfying way. Hell, Araki constantly made stuff up to make amends for his (self-admitted) forgetfulness and for the most part, JoJo is still cruising along doing fine and dandy after 30 years now. Hell, Steel Ball Run and JoJoLion are incredibly solid and, it wouldn't be all that unwise to claim that they're deffo the best JoJo arcs, not just because they're the most recent ones.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lots of plots were not wrapped up.

Hell we don't even find out what happened to Urahara, and he may have even died in his last appearance.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Only plot point I can think of that went unanswered is where is Yoruichi's sword. (Also why the fact did the Soul King show up for like 3 panels)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I stopped reading bleach after the chapter where all the captains killed Aizen's illusion because I thought it'd be a more satisfying conclusion than the real one. A few years later I went "wait bleach isn't over yet?" and made the mistake of picking it back up.