Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

KyloWinter posted:

Did you even read his post lol

Are you one of the dudes who drop at school and get instantly vaporized too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Warbird posted:

So I should start jumping onto the military island if possible, or is that taking it too far?

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever actually been on it.

School is the best IMO because the layout is small enough to remember but also knowing it really well gives you a distinct advantage over other people there, especially the various ways to enter through windows or see into the gym/auditorium. Also if it goes really poorly you generally just die instantly instead of something like military base which is large enough that you can avoid being instantly killed, but you'll probably get picked off by someone from scaffolding/hills when you try to leave with your handgun shotgun no helmet loadout (or, even worse, actually make it out of military base with no gear and just wander around until you die).

Combat Pretzel posted:

I should probably start to concede that I'm too old for this poo poo. In CQB I'm too spazzy, where I fail to kill people on close range with five shotgun blasts, but in turn get killed by the same person with an Uzi so fast, the game doesn't even get time to play the gun sounds. On the open field, I can't see poo poo on a distance, occasionally I see a speck moving on the horizon, yet in Twitch/Youtube people are evidently making out things several hundred meters away just fine.

:[

In my experience the 5 shot shotgun has the perfect rate of fire to miss someone over and over again if you get a bad first shot. When I have to use it, I prefer to use it defensively and sit in a good spot to 3rd person a corridor, and then generally chase people with it or poke at them from around a corner. The 2 shot is much better at aggression, just don't miss.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Had a dude in my squad once saying how Grimmz sucks and why do kids watch him, after all he himself often gets 15 kills per round. Check his KD and it's 1.7 smh

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Game is unplayable.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I didn't know rain was in the game.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Snow would be a cool weather effect. Muffles all noises.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Neon Belly posted:

Snow would be a cool weather effect. Muffles all noises.

Have you ever actually been in snow?

The crunch crunch crunch of a person moving through snow is louder than just about any other possible terrain, and falling snow barely makes any noise in the absence of wind.. Only a full on blizzard would muffle noises, and that would just be from the winds.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I play much more aggressively solo than I do in duo/squad. Solo is basically a training ground for me to murderface as many people as possible, I can be tacticool other times.

High density areas all day long.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

The crunch crunch crunch of a person moving through snow is louder than just about any other possible terrain, and falling snow barely makes any noise in the absence of wind.. Only a full on blizzard would muffle noises, and that would just be from the winds.

You could make snowmen with the new crafting system by combining berries with snow

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fried Watermelon posted:

You could make snowmen with the new crafting system by combining berries with snow

Would add more value to the game than zombie mode at least.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Chomp8645 posted:

Snowfall muffles noise even if it's not a blizzard, if it's falling hard enough.

Also the developers said they want to put in more than just rain, but apparently snow is really tough for the engine.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Rex-Goliath posted:

Turn down your mouse sensitivity

This is good advice.

Also this game is the best when played like a multiplayer Metal Gear Solid.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Inspector_666 posted:

Snowfall muffles noise even if it's not a blizzard, if it's falling hard enough.

Also the developers said they want to put in more than just rain, but apparently snow is really tough for the engine.

Have you ever even been in snow bro?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
it would be cool to add a blizzard, you cant see poo poo but its kind of quiet and gives you time to reflect on why you're trying to kill everybody else on the island

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Piss de Bundy posted:

it would be cool to add a blizzard, you cant see poo poo but its kind of quiet and gives you time to reflect on why you're trying to kill everybody else on the island

I thought that blizzards were some of the loudest natural occuring events? I think when you travel in snow sound can be heard up to 80km away.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

UP AND ADAM posted:

Have you ever even been in snow bro?

6 years in Boston, 23 in New York. So yeah. It's loving quiet out when it snows. Not that the snow falling makes sound to drown your poo poo out, but the snow muffles sound traveling through the air.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 15, 2017

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

the loudest naturally occurring event is nerds complaining about the streamer illuminati taking opportunity away from the gamer proletariat...

once they add in berries i believe they should add a broken bone system such that if you run down stairs too fast or uneven terrain for too long you have a chance to suddenly be crippled. don't worry about the small things like training rooms or exclusive streamer only content; this game is only in alpha so give it 4+ years and eventually we'll have all the feature berries to we want to consume!

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Holy gently caress. You idiots can argue about anything.

I think crunching of snow being loud as gently caress but not traveling far and visibility being poo poo would be kinda neat to play on a small map.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You idiots can argue about anything! Here is my argument!

lol

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

The ambient noise in chicago is noticeably more quiet during a snowstorm, yes.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'd like some tropical map/setting.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Chomp8645 posted:

You idiots can argue about anything! Here is my argument!

lol

What argument? I thought I laid out a pretty interesting scenario. I'm not talking at all about sounds of weather phenomena.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

TheFonz posted:

What argument? I thought I laid out a pretty interesting scenario. I'm not talking at all about sounds of weather phenomena.

Oh I see. So other people are talking about snow the wrong way and you are talking about it the right way.

Ok.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
I talked about it the same way you did? You seem testy. Hang out in the discord. Talk about dickgirls.
Edit:

All I'm getting is stuff from the rapper snow. Someone answer this argument!!!

TheFonz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 15, 2017

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
That level in Left 4 Dead 2 set in the middle of a hurricane was awesome and it would be cool to see that level of weather loving with the game imo. It wouldn't be fun if it was on full blast at all times but if it picked up at different points throughout a match it could make for an interesting round.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Stan Taylor posted:

That level in Left 4 Dead 2 set in the middle of a hurricane was awesome and it would be cool to see that level of weather loving with the game imo. It wouldn't be fun if it was on full blast at all times but if it picked up at different points throughout a match it could make for an interesting round.

Yeah I was just thinking that having a match where the sun is setting causing it to be harder and harder to see things to the west or a storm gradually increasing in intensity would be awesome. They know how long matches usually last and where they definitely end so it wouldn't be too difficult to time things either.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Holy poo poo its almost like there are lots of different types of snow with different sound properties between loud and crunchy and soft and muffled. Obviously only one person can be right though.

:goonsay:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Snow in and of itself carries sound a lot farther. Heavy snowfall muffles sound. You nerds.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
If they do snow I hope they do hypothermia and hyperthermia too as well, obviously clothing should have a warmth property and you should be able to use melee weapons to chop trees and start fires if you have a dry book of matches.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

More importantly in cold conditions your pan gets frozen to your rear end and you can't equip it without taking damage.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
just bought this, installed and made it to top 10 on my first match, killing only one dude and trying on every pair of pants I found

what are the best pants to wear?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Veritek83 posted:

just bought this, installed and made it to top 10 on my first match, killing only one dude and trying on every pair of pants I found

Grey camo

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I start the game nude and only dress myself with trophies from my victims.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

No pants.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Colorado State Climatologist Nolan Doesken says: "When the ground has a thick layer of fresh, fluffy snow, sound waves are readily absorbed at the surface of the snow. However, the snow surface can become smooth and hard as it ages or if there have been strong winds. Then the snow surface will actually help reflect sound waves. Sounds seem clearer and travel farther under these circumstances."

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
snow is pretty

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sound-muffling soft snow cities and sound-enhancing hard crackly snow in wind-swept flat areas would be dope

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Aren't they making a map that's a big urban city, full of skyscrapers?

They should have a random event where the plane flies into a building, killing thousands

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

emanresu tnuocca posted:

If they do snow I hope they do hypothermia and hyperthermia too as well, obviously clothing should have a warmth property and you should be able to use melee weapons to chop trees and start fires if you have a dry book of matches.

please dont post here again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Getting a kick out of these city dwellers weighing in on snow.

• Locked thread