Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Remind me, if they pass this turd the House still needs to consider and pass it, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Reportedly the Senate GOP has written off Rand Paul and Mike Lee. They can't make them happy without too many losses from others. They are trying to figure out how to satisfy Cruz without losing people like Murkowski, Collins, or Heller.

https://twitter.com/MattWelch/status/875454778163183616

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I was wondering if there is a markov chain text generator based on Donnies tweets and sure enough there is. I didn't even have to include his name to find it on the first goolge page.
https://filiph.github.io/markov/
Have fun with that. It's uncanny, how much it matches his writing style.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Remind me, if they pass this turd the House still needs to consider and pass it, correct?

If it differs from the bill they passed by even a single word, then yes.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Imagine every GOP in Washington with their own lawyer, attempting to save their own client, throwing everyone else under the bus.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Imagine every GOP in Washington with their own lawyer, attempting to save their own client, throwing everyone else under the bus.

world's largest game of Diplomacy

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Years of failing to properly invest in public transit come back to haunt Republicans as they run out of buses to throw colleagues under.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Rigel posted:

They are trying to figure out how to satisfy Cruz without losing people like Murkowski, Collins, or Heller.
Cruz has no actual principles, crazy or otherwise, so this won't be hard

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

Reportedly the Senate GOP has written off Rand Paul and Mike Lee. They can't make them happy without too many losses from others. They are trying to figure out how to satisfy Cruz without losing people like Murkowski, Collins, or Heller.

https://twitter.com/MattWelch/status/875454778163183616

LITERALLY NO ONE WANTS THIS BILL TO PASS

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Except the 50 Senators who will vote for it?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Elotana posted:

Cruz has no actual principles, crazy or otherwise, so this won't be hard

now that's not nice, his principles involve loving over everyone including himself and his fellow senators and indeed, life

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Unzip and Attack posted:

Except the 50 Senators who will vote for it?

They want to be seen voting for it; that's not the same thing as wanting it to pass.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rigel posted:

They are trying to figure out how to satisfy Zodiac Killer without losing people

Is it in bad taste to bring up how Zodiac Killer is so hated by other senators that a joke during 2016 madness from regressives themselves was someone could shoot and kill Zodiac Killer and everyone in the senate with say they didnt see anything?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

I was wondering if there is a markov chain text generator based on Donnies tweets and sure enough there is. I didn't even have to include his name to find it on the first goolge page.

Perfect...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ague Proof posted:

How does this turtle gently caress live with himself? Possiblythe worst person in Congress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO0JaecRWy0

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Al Franken once said that he liked Ted Cruz a lot more than most people in Congress, and he hates Ted Cruz.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Ague Proof posted:

How does this turtle gently caress live with himself? Possiblythe worst person in Congress.

You know how carrots turn your skin orange if you eat too many of them?

Now imagine if the carrots were turtles.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ague Proof posted:

He gets a six figure income to just sit on the "GOVERNMENT TURN OFF" button and do little else. I mean, really...he just spent eight years doing little more than sitting around preventing the government from doing anything.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

cant cook creole bream posted:

Fake News! :argh:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ague Proof posted:

:nws:We now go live to Mitch McConnell as represented by his counterpart in the best timeline.:nws:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mantis42 posted:

Al Franken once said that he liked Ted Cruz a lot more than most people in Congress, and he hates Ted Cruz.

Becuase it should be reposted at every oppurtunity

quote:

According to Franken, here’s how Klobuchar described the bit to Cruz (bear in mind that this was in 2013, when the infamous Carnival “poop cruise” was all over cable news): “When most people think of a difficult cruise, they think of Carnival. But we Democrats in the Senate think of Ted.” Cruz suggested she replace “difficult” with the softer “challenging” before finally allowing that she should “go ahead and tell your joke.”

Franken was irritated — both by what he called Cruz’s “patronizing” attitude toward his colleague, and by the pulled punch of a joke. So he suggested to Cruz his own rewrite: “When most people think of a cruise that’s full of poo poo, they think of Carnival. But we think of Ted.”

Now that’s a burn. Franken seemed satisfied with the reaction.

“And there went Ted’s smile,” Franken writes. “For once, he had no words.”

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/875467534480420865
Trump hiring one of his moron divorce lawyers to represent him is a low-key subplot that needs to be monitored.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

The Glumslinger posted:

Becuase it should be reposted at every oppurtunity

Wife's been reading Franken's new book, and apparently it's got a nice large chapter devoted to Ted. It's prefaced by calling Ted a sociopath.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
trump thread: lol gently caress gop voters, the can die in the streets for voting to abolish their own healthcare

also trump thread: calling the kid dumb for trying to steal a propaganda poster in north korea is victim blaming

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

fsif posted:

Trump hiring one of his moron divorce lawyers to represent him is a low-key subplot that needs to be monitored.

He's really leaning into this "Trump's just new at everything, has no idea anything he does is dumb or illegal" strategy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

his moron divorce lawyer's statement as soon as the obstruction of justice investigation leaked confirmed the investigation

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

fsif posted:

He's very good.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

fsif posted:

So I couldn't remember is this Trump lawyer with weird russia connections the same one who did his "With Few Exceptions" letter who was named Russia's Lawfirm of the year or was that a different lawyer of his.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Glumslinger posted:

So I couldn't remember is this Trump lawyer with weird russia connections the same one who did his "With Few Exceptions" letter who was named Russia's Lawfirm of the year or was that a different lawyer of his.

No, those were his tax attorneys. (It's a legit specialty; most attorneys who handle other matters don't touch tax, because it's a real tough field.)

This attorney is the one who handles his private business, including sending angry "we're very cross and we'll totally sue you" letters-- I won't even charitably call them cease and desist letters.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Donald J. Trump

‎@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to Macy's today and buys some DJT ties, shirts and ties.
22:54 - 15 Jun 2017

A good Markov generator

e: I like to click through these and imagine which ones could be used as his resignation/impeachment tweet.

Example -

quote:

Donald J. Trump

‎@realDonaldTrump

Fast trial and fair trade. The honor was all mine

e: :stare:

quote:

Donald J. Trump

‎@realDonaldTrump

I will win it won't matter.

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 15, 2017

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

remusclaw posted:

He's very good.

Narrator: He's not.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lemming posted:

Why do people continue to treat things Trump does or says as being informed by any thought at all, instead of a random string of insane rambling

If you're trapped in a box with a bear you have to believe the bear can be reasoned with.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Donald J. Trump ✔‎@realDonaldTrump
The Chinese want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
17:59 - 15 Jun 2017
Checks out.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The congressional baseball game (which I had never heard of until the shooting) starts in about an hour, and will be on CSPAN. It will also be streamed online by a lot of outlets.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad in this time where Senate Republicans are breaking all norms in order to remove millions of Americans from healthcare at the bequest of no one but rich assholes slavering for tax cuts under as much secrecy and expediency as possible they can all get together for some friendly baseball! :)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Pence's legal counsel selection shows such a hilarious discontinuity between Trump and generic GOP politician and their capability

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Lol I didn't read this the way he meant it to be read

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

fsif posted:

it's all cool im just hiring a lawyer who has experience with massive scandals that involve the president committing treason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
So based on today's tweet storm, when can we expect the next big drop

• Locked thread