Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

It has better acceleration and turning than the ebon jag. The Jag still came out OK, but the hellbringer came out better. It also has better mount geometry for most builds. Personally I think the hit boxes are a bit better, but that's subjective. They're both good mechs, but the maneuverability of the HBR is just really, really good. ECM is also still good and worth investing the points in.

Uhh, I think you might be looking at the wrong mech, or maybe skilled vs. unskilled? The HBR and EBJ have the exact same mobility stats; both are 22.23/25/47.55/85.5. Their mounts are also very comparable, requiring about the same exposure to fire... aside from the crappy arms on the HBR, but nobody puts guns in those so they don't count. I'll agree that the HBR slightly has better hit boxes as its 'nose' is a little prominent, but the EBJ benefits from having a lower profile so I think even that is a wash.

The biggest difference between the two mechs is ECM and pod space. The EBJ uses Endo, Ferro to the double Standard on the HBR, giving it 3 extra tons to work with. Before the skill tree, the edge went to the HBR because ECM was worth the 4-ton difference but now that you also need 13 skill points to fully utilize ECM I'd rather drive a Jag unless ECM is specifically what I'm looking for.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Skippy McPants posted:

Uhh, I think you might be looking at the wrong mech, or maybe skilled vs. unskilled? The HBR and EBJ have the exact same mobility stats; both are 22.23/25/47.55/85.5.

Yeah, my bad on that.

I still think the HBR is slightly better due to the ECM (which is worth 13 skill points) and better mounts, but it's close enough that I'm not going to argue over it.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

does anyone have a brawly linebacker build they like?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I like the small pulse boat, but it pisses me off that you can't optimize it without the Redline pods.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
5 srm 6s.

Just hit your target before they hit you.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, my bad on that.

I still think the HBR is slightly better due to the ECM (which is worth 13 skill points) and better mounts, but it's close enough that I'm not going to argue over it.

How much do the enhancements end up paying off? I notice the Hellbringer and the EBJ don't have any aside from the 2.5% exp bonus, whereas the Linebacker has quite a few that look useful.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Kraven Moorhed posted:

How much do the enhancements end up paying off? I notice the Hellbringer and the EBJ don't have any aside from the 2.5% exp bonus, whereas the Linebacker has quite a few that look useful.

They don't even have the 2.5% since that's the "set bonus" for using a variant's full set of Omnipods, which is something you're almost never going to do. Quirks on Clan Omni's are weird because in addition to those set bonuses they can also have baseline quirks on various individual Pods. You can tell which are which by going into the mechlab and mousing over the various components. The EBJ and HBR don't have any baseline quirks, while Linebackers get a smattering of bonus armor on their various bits.

As for how much it matters... well, mechs usually have quirks because they're inferior to their competition and in the case of the Linebacker that extra armor doesn't make up for the Jag and Hellbringer just being generally better robots.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 12, 2017

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cyrano4747 posted:

does anyone have a brawly linebacker build they like?

8 sls, fill the mech the rest of the way with heatsinks, level 1 computer and cap.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Can someone tell me how I can play scouting matches?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Agrajag posted:

Can someone tell me how I can play scouting matches?

Go to your drop deck manager and slot any IS mech up to 55 tons into one of your scouting drop decks, then go to the faction warfare screen and pick scouting rather than invasion. If you don't have a mech of the appropriate wait, the Griffin 2N or 3M rigged with SRMs is the default IS scouting mech.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 13, 2017

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I finally crawled out of Tier 3 with another 1k+ damage Urbanmech round.

Urbanmech is the best mech.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Urbanmech K9, t-t-the lights turn on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwR_JJW_OCk

i-i-i-i think i may need this. :negative:

should i?

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 13, 2017

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006
Hey goons, I'm ShooterMcGavin80 #7645 on Discord.

1k damage in an urban mech. Holy smokes, respect.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

Urbanmech K9, t-t-the lights turn on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwR_JJW_OCk

i-i-i-i think i may need this. :negative:

should i?

I almost regret refunding this thing now. Almost.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
The inevitable K9/SIB team is going to sound like a trainwreck and it's going to be the best. :allears:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm excited for the 11 K-9, 1 Atlas drops in the near future.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

NihilCredo posted:

I'm fine with my account, but I have a coworker I wanted to get into this game, so if I could make him skip some of the grind that'd be great®.

One is mostly clan and one has a lot of is stuff. Email me at fae123something @ gmail dot com

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

quote:

Hi Ranzear,

Thank you for your interest in Piranha Games!

We received an overwhelming response to the Junior Software Developer position, which makes us feel both humble and proud that so many talented individuals (like you!) want to join our team.

Although your background is impressive, we regret to inform you that we are not able to pursue international candidates for our positions at this time.

Wishing you all the best in your career pursuits!

Best Regards,

Jesse Dallon
Human Resources
Piranha Games Inc.

Sorry guys, I don't get to fix this dumpster fire.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
You tried, good goon.

You tried.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
drat we might have been one step closer to convincing PGI to make MW5 entirely about clotheslines, suplexes, and hatchets.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Ranzear posted:

Sorry guys, I don't get to fix this dumpster fire.

I just got the same email too. I applied at like...Christmas time.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, I applied a year and a half ago for level design and got the exact same email as well.

e: got the email a couple weeks after I applied, didn't take a year and a half for them to reply.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Maybe you guys had actual games on your resume and that intimidated them?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Good luck to anyone looking to finish their 2 Invasion victories. The needle is already pinned at Siege, and I doubt it'll swing back before the challenge ends.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There were four of us in Mumble who were on within the last hour and won two games out of three, only one of which was siege. Lot of pubbies on, event is not hard.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

aniviron posted:

There were four of us in Mumble who were on within the last hour and won two games out of three, only one of which was siege. Lot of pubbies on, event is not hard.

I'll only have maybe an hour to two hours to try when I get out of work. Probably won't get the invasion one.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Yeah there are enough people playing solo queue invasion right now that it's not that horrible a prospect to finish the achievement.

e: If you play siege right now IS is on the defensive so I won my first two matches, clan is real bad at pushing and brawling at the bottlenecks so it's pretty stacked in your odds.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 16, 2017

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Atlatl posted:

Yeah there are enough people playing solo queue invasion right now that it's not that horrible a prospect to finish the achievement.

e: If you play siege right now IS is on the defensive so I won my first two matches, clan is real bad at pushing and brawling at the bottlenecks so it's pretty stacked in your odds.

I did three matches since I got home, all siege, and just got stomped. Doing over 2K damage per round with a hefty number of kills, but that only goes so far when your team just stands in the open getting LRMd to death. I don't have any more time to try, so all well. It's only 100MC, so it's not that bad. I just wish that this particular challenge went for 2 days and over the weekend, rather than 1 day.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Atlatl posted:

It alternates, doesn't it? I know that I was on attack when I finished the challenge. If you was lucky enough to get defense twice den grats to ya.

Edit: I'm saying it's impossible or anything, but IS on siege attack has got to be the lowest win rate map in faction play.

Oh wait, here are the stats for Tukayyid 3:

Siege Attack win vs Defender win for Clans vs IS
  • IS Defender Wins: 34,144
  • IS Attacker Wins: 17,674
  • Clan Defender Wins: 40,167
  • Clan Attacker Wins: 26,450

That's a 33% difference between factions while on the attack, which is pretty steep.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 16, 2017

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Got my two faction warfare wins. Didn't expect them to be alpine peaks assault and polar highlands conquest, while losing on crimson strait and caustic valley.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Going by the traits page there is a staggering amount of bonus armor on that K-9 Urbanmech.

+20 CT on a light? Okay.

I mean I get it. Nobody wants to play lights anyway.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

You shut your whore mouth. Although this year I've only logged in a few times and the most recent was sometime when the new light dropped. Ended up looking at the skill trees and logging out without queuing up a match or doing anything.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

DancingShade posted:

Going by the traits page there is a staggering amount of bonus armor on that K-9 Urbanmech.

+20 CT on a light? Okay.

One of the cbill ones has that same bonus. R60 I think?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yeah, but the R60 has poo poo hardpoints. The other Urbies have a much more reasonable +10 CT armor, which is what I'd expect the K-9 to have. If it does end up with +20 then it'll be one mean little trashcan.

Edit: And while we're at it, I'm a little salty that the Wolfhound hero doesn't use Clan tech.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jun 16, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Was wondering what happened to the advance tech thing so I looked up the road map.

Still nothing. :pgi:

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Didn't check the quirks until now. K9 is gonna be the best thing ever and I'm curious to see how the grasshopper is with all those armor quirks. Not curious enough to buy it, though.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Where are you finding the quirks for unreleased mechs?

Edit: Oh, they're on the news pages. And holy poo poo, the K-9 does have the R60's armor quirks. That thing might actually be a non-joke good light. It's still a little slow, but those quirks are massive.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jun 16, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy McPants posted:

Where are you finding the quirks for unreleased mechs?

The usual place.

https://mwomercs.com/news/2017/06/1842-countdown-to-resistance-heroes-release-june-20th

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I guess I missed it when I looked earlier, but yeah the K-9 is the best Urbie by a mile now and I could see it messing some people up with an AC/10 and bunch of MLs. Maybe even 5 MPLs, but those ballistic quirks are pretty sweet too.

Atlatl posted:

I'm curious to see how the grasshopper is with all those armor quirks.

Unfortunately, I don't think it has enough high laser mounts to run the 3lpls that really give the grasshopper its oomph. The second side torso mounts are probably shoulder level like on the other GHR's, but everything else is along the waistline. Shame that the CT energy is right in its belly-button.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, but the R60 has poo poo hardpoints.

It runs​ 2 LPL just fine.

• Locked thread