Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Guess who had a higher yardage per opportunity (targets + rushes) than Zeke in 2016

Mike Gillislee

Tevin Coleman is #1 because of ~Tevin Coleman Things~

Todd Gurley is 4th from the bottom lol. Doug Martin is dead last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR/TE
RB/TE
TE
[IDP positions]

WR: 0.5ppr
RB: 1ppr
TE: 1.5ppr

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Spreadsheet Wars goon dynasty league might be the funnest and most challenging league I've ever been in.

QB
Superflex
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
W/R/T
W/R/T
W/R/T

1ppr
1.5ppr TE premium
0.2 per carry

15 bench spots
3 IR spots

Auction startup. In-season FAAB.

With 12 teams, that's up to 348 players rostered. You are digging deep. No kickers or defenses to deal with. Every position can produce a viable stud. Start 11 players a week.

It's awesome.

Love the goon contract leagues for different reasons but these scoring settings are great.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If Travis Kelce scores 250+ points in full PPR* I will buy the next 10 people who tell me I'm an idiot an av cert

*at least, let's say, 12 games of Alex Smith, but if they actually get a QB that can throw a seam route for 4 games, that could totally gently caress this prediction but oh well, I'm willing to take that risk v:shobon:v

Idiot.

Daddy needs a new avatar No whammy. No whammy. poo poo, his QB is Alex Smith, a whammy made flesh.

I go back and forth on positional scarcity. It is a wonderful concept I'm theory, but it requires you to be correct about positions with the most volitility year to year.

The problem with having an overall draft strategy is that sticking to a plan in the middle of a draft where everyone around you is doing their own thing is dumb.

My strategy is take the guy who is going to get the most points relative to what is available at his position and the other positions I need to fill in my lineup. That is the only logical draft strategy. Everything else is just over thinking it.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If Travis Kelce scores 250+ points in full PPR* I will buy the next 10 people who tell me I'm an idiot an av cert

*at least, let's say, 12 games of Alex Smith, but if they actually get a QB that can throw a seam route for 4 games, that could totally gently caress this prediction but oh well, I'm willing to take that risk v:shobon:v

You are an idiot

for continuing this asinine TE derail. It's really boring.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There's a guy in my league who every year nominates adding kickers and coaches. Every year nobody seconds him but we always let him pitch it just because it's funny to watch. He's convincing nobody.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/874666862394605568

CMike is back!!!

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

So it begins

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Is the line still hilariously terrible?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Would you prefer CMike or Langford?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Matt Zerella posted:

Is the line still hilariously terrible?

I felt like the Colts offensive line got better as the season went on. They had two rookies on the right side last year. I really think they'll be middle of the pack this year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

Would you prefer CMike or Langford?

CMike unironically lol

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

#staywoke

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

If he makes the team, I'm totally getting his jersey lol

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

CMike unironically lol

I unironically like Christine Michael. He crashes like a wave and is consistent like the tide.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Andrew Luck and Christine Michael, two of the biggest offensive prospects of the last 20 years.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

kiimo posted:

There's a guy in my league who every year nominates adding kickers and coaches. Every year nobody seconds him but we always let him pitch it just because it's funny to watch. He's convincing nobody.

Every year I pitch moving to an auction draft and every year everyone refuses because they hate change. It's infuriating.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's so easy to pitch.

"Do you never want to get the player you really want sniped from you ever again?"

"Hate deciding between two guys with the same ADP that you love?"

"Want Zeke but you know you'll be stuck at 1.10?"

Auction fixes aaaaaallll of that my friend

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Keeper rules for 12 man league just got nailed down and I've got a decision. Full PPR, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/DST, 8 bench spots. We keep two players at the same round in which they were acquired the previous year. If they weren't drafted last year, they count as a 10th round pick. I finished 2nd overall, so I'm drafting in the 11th spot in the snake draft. After weeding out the obvious non-keeper candidates, I'm down to:

quote:

D Johnson, Ari RB 1st
J Nelson, GB WR 2nd
J Edelman, NE WR 4th
L Fitzgerald, Ari WR 5th
T Montgomery, GB WR, RB 10th
J Crowder, Wsh WR 10th

I think keeping David Johnson for 1.11 is obvious, but I'm torn as to my second. Both Montgomery and Crowder seem like steals in the 10th. I should be able to get Nelson at 2.2 if I want him there, so probably not worth keeping him. Edelman and Fitzgerald are in similar positions, in that I think they'll probably go in that general range, so I think this really comes down to Montgomery or Crowder in the 10th.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Remember that Keeper rules mean that the early rounds will be far more depleted than usual; Jordy Nelson likely won't be there in the second. That said I'm a big fan of drafting on value. Johnson is absolutely an obvious pick and even the 10 spots is significant value. As for your second, here are the consensus ADP from FantasyPros and where you would be drafting them:

Nelson: 12.5 [11]
Edelman: 49.5 [38]
Fitzgerald: 53.5 [59]
Montgomery: 49.5 [110]
Crowder: 65 [110]

So by ADP Montgomery is your best bet. Plus if he's still a RB/WR then that could be fantastic.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man if they use Montgomery the same way they used him last year early on at RB, he's gonna do great with full PPR.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 15, 2017

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Remember that Keeper rules mean that the early rounds will be far more depleted than usual; Jordy Nelson likely won't be there in the second. That said I'm a big fan of drafting on value. Johnson is absolutely an obvious pick and even the 10 spots is significant value. As for your second, here are the consensus ADP from FantasyPros and where you would be drafting them:

Nelson: 12.5 [11]
Edelman: 49.5 [38]
Fitzgerald: 53.5 [59]
Montgomery: 49.5 [110]
Crowder: 65 [110]

So by ADP Montgomery is your best bet. Plus if he's still a RB/WR then that could be fantastic.

Yeah, remembered I could just do math on this using Fantasy Pros right after I posted.

Going to plan on Johnson and Montgomery barring a major shakeup in Green Bay during training camp.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

It's so easy to pitch.

"Do you never want to get the player you really want sniped from you ever again?"

"Hate deciding between two guys with the same ADP that you love?"

"Want Zeke but you know you'll be stuck at 1.10?"

Auction fixes aaaaaallll of that my friend

I used all of these arguments on a friend from work to no avail. :shrug:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

pubic works project posted:

I used all of these arguments on a friend from work to no avail. :shrug:

My league has no waiver wire because it would be "complicated" Someone just proposed adding a keeper spot to the upcoming draft

:geno: and :kingsley: so far

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I still can't get one of my friend leagues to consider FAAB, because they feel it's too much work. It's insane, because once people try it, you can't go back.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Can anyone give me a good FAAB system to propose to my league? We have rolling waivers right now and I hate it and the commish is asking what we'd like to see changed.

We use CBS.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren:Keeper Question:siren:
10 team, non-ppr, 2 keepers per team at the same round they were drafted in. Non-drafted players can be kept in the final round of the draft, a.k.a. 18th round. QB/2RB,3WR,TE,FLEX(RB/WR/TE).

My options:

Ezekiel Elliott (1st)
Antonio Brown (3rd)
Tevin Coleman (10th)
Jordy Nelson (15th)
Marcus Mariota (16th)
Jamison Crowder (18th)

I have to keep Brown and Nelson, right?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Can anyone give me a good FAAB system to propose to my league? We have rolling waivers right now and I hate it and the commish is asking what we'd like to see changed.

We use CBS.

$200 a season, standard waiver window (process 3 days after sunday iirc), min bid of 0, free agency after FAAB process until kickoff.

My league uses 1000 per season just so we can see lotto tickets go for a couple hundred.

RCarr posted:

I have to keep Brown and Nelson, right?

Yeah at 3 WR I feel like that's your best option.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

$200 a season, standard waiver window (process 3 days after sunday iirc), min bid of 0, free agency after FAAB process until kickoff.

My league uses 1000 per season just so we can see lotto tickets go for a couple hundred.

Perfect, thanks!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Keith Atherton posted:

My league has no waiver wire because it would be "complicated" Someone just proposed adding a keeper spot to the upcoming draft

:geno: and :kingsley: so far

How the gently caress do people play any fantasy sport without waivers? You're massively tilting the league in favor of people who are constantly at a desk/on their phone checking transactions.

FAAB I can live without, but everybody dropping to FA immediately? Dumb.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Inspector_666 posted:

How the gently caress do people play any fantasy sport without waivers? You're massively tilting the league in favor of people who are constantly at a desk/on their phone checking transactions.

FAAB I can live without, but everybody dropping to FA immediately? Dumb.

Maybe you can live it out, but is it a life worth living?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I've never heard of a no-waiver league that wasn't done that way on accident by a rookie Commish.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

goodnight sweet prince

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/875503065578778626

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

*curb theme music*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bOy3RNyWME

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 16, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Marlon Mack gets a little more appeal as a late round flyer/cuff.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

coronaball posted:

Marlon Mack gets a little more appeal as a late round flyer/cuff.
A little but he's mostly just a dynasty stash. He's not a handcuff as Robert Turbin is still the #2 in Indy for now. Maybe a midseason waiver pickup if something happens to Gore.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Shortest CMike hype train ever??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

Shortest CMike hype train ever??

basically the first play of this but in rotoworld blurb form:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URZhIxrdFIY

• Locked thread