Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SquirrelGrip posted:

when will they release a final track list

It has Maple Valley who cares what else is in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Falken posted:

https://youtu.be/KCYQoBlTZBs

Some good footage of a race at nurburging which includes weather changes... Also a new camera view! Either in front of the steering wheel or omitting it. I use that view in asseto Corsa.

There's a blog post on the official site doing a walk-through of the demo and they mentioned the new view as cockpit but forward, specifically for people using wheels. Sounds good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dash cam

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cojawfee posted:

Maple Valley
Spa
Road Atlanta
Laguna Seca

Everything else is bonus.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

camino viejo must return

i lust for massive death crashes in that windy downhill section with the insane walls that are all angled weird

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there's two cockpit cams now like Falken said. One mostly like the existing camera, maybe a tiny bit further back/more hands/feet action visible (if you look around with the right stick), and one that's perhaps 6" of game-space closer that omits the wheel but leaves instruments.

Also I am thinking the Dubai track is going to be like Camino possibly, with multiple layouts and one big external diameter run that's a longer track ala Fujimi Kaido or Positano. There's a definite 'uphill' feel through the demo track, and we saw nothing of the downslope return.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
We need a real long Rally di Positano track.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
There also seemed to be alot more movement in the cockpit as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

true

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ahhhh how soon everyone forgets fujimi is the best and most missed tracked

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SquirrelGrip posted:

ahhhh how soon everyone forgets fujimi is the best and most missed tracked

:chloe:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Who cares about tracks, there are customizable helmet stickers!!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I just want the hood cam and bumper cam to have the option of putting the RPM meter in the bottom middle of the screen because it sucks having to glance off center view to the bottom right hand corner of the screen twice every second.

Actually the best game for this was Shift and Shift 2. Each car had its actual real life instrument cluster mocked up as a HUD element and placed on the bottom center of the screen. It ruled.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I shared the videos with a friend who stupidly doesn't get all :spergin: about racing games (loving moron) and I noted little things like the way the wing on the Nissan actually flexes, and the wind-shield wipers oscillate at speed, too. Little touches. Neat touches.

Racing dudes, remind me why the Skyline has a blinking red LED bar on the back. I remember vaguely that real-life races have cars with lights on them that actually indicate things about the class they are in or if they should be allowed to pass or stuff like that. I don't really know much about that stuff, but I'd love to see (and this is a callback to a post I made way back when I posted about the 24 hours at Daytona) cars with lights all over them indicating different things, or just looking awesome at night. More of that.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That one it's because it's currently raining or there is spray.

In 24hr races the faster class cars have different color headlights (middle tier often has yellow tinted), with the fastest classes having a flashing blue light in the upper corner of the windshield since the drivers ahead can't see blue flags waving to signify that faster traffic is behind.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man FH3 looks amazing in 60fps. Plus I love how the tone of the game is completely different from the more serious mainline Forza games. Only thing is it feels a bit creepy having the game call you by your own name :tinfoil: can you change it to something stupid like bogan or something.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

track day bro! posted:

Man FH3 looks amazing in 60fps. Plus I love how the tone of the game is completely different from the more serious mainline Forza games. Only thing is it feels a bit creepy having the game call you by your own name :tinfoil: can you change it to something stupid like bogan or something.

my irl nickname is Barbarian and I was delighted to find it in the list of stuff the game can call you.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dr. Faustus posted:

I shared the videos with a friend who stupidly doesn't get all :spergin: about racing games (loving moron) and I noted little things like the way the wing on the Nissan actually flexes, and the wind-shield wipers oscillate at speed, too. Little touches. Neat touches.

Racing dudes, remind me why the Skyline has a blinking red LED bar on the back. I remember vaguely that real-life races have cars with lights on them that actually indicate things about the class they are in or if they should be allowed to pass or stuff like that. I don't really know much about that stuff, but I'd love to see (and this is a callback to a post I made way back when I posted about the 24 hours at Daytona) cars with lights all over them indicating different things, or just looking awesome at night. More of that.

The vibrating wiper and hood in the demo video actually made me feel a little dizzy watching it, haha.

track day bro! posted:

You can change it as much as you want in the settings menu somewhere.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

financially racist posted:

just lmao if you don't constantly try to flip over other cars when you're playing single player in forza.

i'll even rewind to make sure that when i destroy someone, they land in the road in front of the field and cause a giant pileup. it's especially fun at road america with that pit wall.

i may be a sociopath.

this is how you win with the hummer and other large truck type vehicles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx6A78MxTp8

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

financially racist posted:

just lmao if you don't constantly try to flip over other cars when you're playing single player in forza.

i'll even rewind to make sure that when i destroy someone, they land in the road in front of the field and cause a giant pileup. it's especially fun at road america with that pit wall.

i may be a sociopath.

Ahhhh "The Dizzle" maneuver.

I ended up with a ton of those ghost for the first lap mod cards. I just did enough SP to unlock all of the endurance races and did those a few times with the +100% XP and raked in the credits.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

track day bro! posted:

People actually put their real name on those things? I put Jesus for mine, but of course the game calls me hey-zeus.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

GreatGreen posted:

I just want the hood cam and bumper cam to have the option of putting the RPM meter in the bottom middle of the screen because it sucks having to glance off center view to the bottom right hand corner of the screen twice every second.

Actually the best game for this was Shift and Shift 2. Each car had its actual real life instrument cluster mocked up as a HUD element and placed on the bottom center of the screen. It ruled.

It's a real shame that Shift had 2 bad ideas for every good one.

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

So I've been out the game for the past two Forza's and just picked up an One S and am looking to get Forza 6 while it's on sale. At this point should I just grab the base game for $25 or go with the ultimate for $45? Thanks for any advice.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

00Fresh posted:

So I've been out the game for the past two Forza's and just picked up an One S and am looking to get Forza 6 while it's on sale. At this point should I just grab the base game for $25 or go with the ultimate for $45? Thanks for any advice.

FM6 was my first Forza. I picked up the vanilla disc used and lasted maybe a day before buying the full upgrade suite.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I buy every Forza and tend to do vanilla. With FM6 I bought the Porsche DLC on sale for VIR.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
At this point with 7 so close to coming out it almost makes more sense to wait for it rather than picking up 6

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I always buy the big dumb version because I have no impulse control

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

So Forza 7 is looking to weigh in at 100GB at launch. gently caress me.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Gahddammit between GTAV and Doom I've already got a huge part of my 500 gig drive spoken for all the time. Looks like I'm finally biting the bullet and adding an external.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

lmao holy poo poo. Is that going to be the first Xbox One game to require two discs?

My poor 500gb model.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

L_Harrison posted:

lmao holy poo poo. Is that going to be the first Xbox One game to require two discs?

My poor 500gb model.

Of course not. The disc will just be a third of the game or whatever, with the rest coming from the internet.

Stop using discs.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

Of course not. The disc will just be a third of the game or whatever, with the rest coming from the internet.

Stop using discs.

My ~160KB/s internet says "no u"

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Hexenritter posted:

Holy poo poo dude...that's crazy.

I want the Fusion Sport back!!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Holy poo poo dude...that's crazy.

I want the Fusion Sport back!!

I know, right? Even after buying another 500GB SSD recently I'm going to have to start deleting poo poo to make room for new games now.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
My Gamertag is Captain Howdy 0 so I love that the game calls me Captain (but I'd like "Howdy" better.)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dr. Faustus posted:

My Gamertag is Captain Howdy 0 so I love that the game calls me Captain (but I'd like "Howdy" better.)

Does it try and figure it out based on your gamertag / profile name? I just got asked at the beginning what name / avatar I'd like.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CharlesM posted:

Does it try and figure it out based on your gamertag / profile name? I just got asked at the beginning what name / avatar I'd like.

There is a huge list of names you can scroll through to select what you want to be called.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Would it be dumb to buy a PC racing wheel now rather than waiting for F7 to come out to verify compatibility? Is there any reason to think a new Logitech or Thrustmaster wheel will have issues with the new Forza?

I haven't done any PC racing and my Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel is pretty useless. Dirt Rally has been in my Steam inventory for a few months but I haven't been willing to invest in a PC wheel setup until I confirmed that Microsoft wasn't gonna prematurely kill the Play Anywhere thing before the new Forza comes out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
they said at E3 that they tested it with a guitar hero guitar and it worked so I wouldn't worry about it too, too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

FBS posted:

Would it be dumb to buy a PC racing wheel now rather than waiting for F7 to come out to verify compatibility? Is there any reason to think a new Logitech or Thrustmaster wheel will have issues with the new Forza?

I haven't done any PC racing and my Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel is pretty useless. Dirt Rally has been in my Steam inventory for a few months but I haven't been willing to invest in a PC wheel setup until I confirmed that Microsoft wasn't gonna prematurely kill the Play Anywhere thing before the new Forza comes out.

Play Anywhere is a side benefit of their core operating system strategy. It's not going anywhere.

• Locked thread