Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

learn the loving lore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

I used to read/watch Naruto and stopped reading it at some point during the Great Ninja War feeling like I was too old and mature for it, I think I was 19 or so at the time. Last year I got the itch to just rewatch Gaara VS Rock Lee and enjoyed it so much I ended up watching the pre-skip anime and it was actually really great fun. I started watching Shippuden tonight (I have a filler guide open!) and I heard the ending is pretty bad where they fight the god of Chakra or w/e but so far it's smashing. I really like that Gaara became an insanely chill bro.
the ninja war arc sucks but the final sasuke vs naruto fight is insanely good

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Colonel posted:

anime death tentacle rape whorehouse
never heard of it

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/aestheticsweeb/status/875495828433113088

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
That's a pretty great anime aesthetic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Endorph posted:

That's good to hear! The original series had some really nice fluid animations that I was surprised by for example the short fight between Orochimaru and Sasuke in the Chunin exam. Naruto and Sasuke's first fight at the Valley of the End was incredibly good and is still one of my favourite animated fights and stands head and shoulders above anything else in the series so far. Naruto punching Sasuke so hard into the water a vacuum was left behind ruled and the super Shadow Clone chain whipping Sasuke around also ruled. So I'm very glad to hear the climax of that narrative is badass.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Deidara's method of beating Gaara. I remembered it being that Gaara had to defend the village but actually that was only part of it. Deidara had a really smart plan that turned Gaara's Ultimate Defence into a weakness and it was a really satisfying win.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still wish we were still just called VEGETA...:smith:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I still wish we were the Altruistic Duwang Teenagers Righting Wrongs. :cry:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, today I finished my work early and spent most of my shift playing Cave Story. :unsmith:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

oh my god did ADTRW just get a shoutout on the latest Chapo as "Hentai Death Rape Factory"?!

I don't know

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

I still wish we were still just called VEGETA...:smith:

I miss being "That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime What You Like Is Anime"

Now we're a shell of our former selves as *checks alt text*
Aesthete Daimyo Treasures Rare Wares? huh.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

AnoHito posted:

I miss being "That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime What You Like Is Anime"

Now we're a shell of our former selves as *checks alt text*
Aesthete Daimyo Treasures Rare Wares? huh.

Bad Seafood died before anyone noticed his hovertext

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ahegao doggos' tongues raining water

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Something for Matoi. (I don't know if he has it yet or not). :)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

[quote="Wark Say" post="y"473446267""]
Something for Matoi. (I don't know if he has it yet or not). :)

[/quote]

It's okay if I've seen it because I will still like it no matter how many times I see it.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

anime death tentacle rape whorehouse

rolls right off the tongue

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

homeless snail posted:

ahegao doggos' tongues raining water

I, for one, vote this.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
nah the dog_rates guy will sue us for a billion gajilion dollars

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

EmmyOk posted:

I used to read/watch Naruto and stopped reading it at some point during the Great Ninja War feeling like I was too old and mature for it, I think I was 19 or so at the time. Last year I got the itch to just rewatch Gaara VS Rock Lee and enjoyed it so much I ended up watching the pre-skip anime and it was actually really great fun. I started watching Shippuden tonight (I have a filler guide open!) and I heard the ending is pretty bad where they fight the god of Chakra or w/e but so far it's smashing. I really like that Gaara became an insanely chill bro.

I still enjoy the Original series of Naruto. Like you said, the fights were pretty well executed, especially the Naruto vs. Sasuke finale. The first arc of Shippuden was okay too, but after that the themes the Manga had before get really muddied, and if you're following the anime, the story progression gets soooo slow. There's still some neat fights in there, but powers and plot devices become more and more BS, and yeah, by the ninja war arc, it's pretty much rear end pull after rear end pull, eye hack vs eye hack and is very unfun and uncreative.

Apparently the Boruto anime has been surprisingly decent so far, a surprise since everybody called the Boruto Manga trash from the outset.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
boruto anime has a bunch of really good staff on it, so it was pretty much destined to at least look better than the manga

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I remembering reading / hearing that the Boruto manga and anime are each "their own thing", i.e. Diff' continuities. Is that true?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I, for one, vote this.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I see Nadia.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I remembering reading / hearing that the Boruto manga and anime are each "their own thing", i.e. Diff' continuities. Is that true?

dunno what the manga is doing specifically, but they are separate for now. the anime seems to be a prequel or at least set before the movie.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

Naruto up to (including) The Zabuza arc was an insanely good shonen that I loved.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Naruto Revivalism? Believe it.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i still cant believe the new naruto is named bort

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

food mangas are big in 2017, and naruto's very good son burrito is just joining in

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bort, son of Nart, friend of Salad, daughter of Sauce Cake.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

dogsicle posted:

dunno what the manga is doing specifically, but they are separate for now. the anime seems to be a prequel or at least set before the movie.

The manga writer seems to have a hard on for Sakura's kid.

I mean that literally by the way.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:thunk:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It's very bad and creepy.

The anime does not do this thankfully.

Though both start with a flash forward were Bort is an edge lord so the fun Bort is on borrowed time.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 16, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

The manga writer seems to have a hard on for Sakura's kid.

I mean that literally by the way.

Winner of the "Poor Games Poster" avatar.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
impressive, as all games posters are poor

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There was no vote that title is bullshit

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't get over his name being Boruto lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you: anime has too much titty

me:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010