Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anime_Otaku posted:

So the rocket launchers actually give you a lot of shots? The guy I watch GTA videos of on YouTube was speculating that it'd have a tiny capacity like the Ruiner.

It's like 50 shots, but at the rate it fires that's not even 2 minutes.

the tampa gives you 20 missiles, 20 mortars, unlimited mines and minigun ammo. it's dumb because the only thing the tampa missiles ever hit is the road 2 feet in front of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Is the Tampa like a tank where the driver controls the turret, or does the passenger run it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

various cheeses posted:

Is the Tampa like a tank where the driver controls the turret, or does the passenger run it?

Driver controls everything. You have to switch between missiles, turret, and mortars. Honk the horn to poo poo a mine.

Passenger don't do poo poo.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Powershift posted:

Driver controls everything. You have to switch between missiles, turret, and mortars. Honk the horn to poo poo a mine.

It's also anything but a tank, it's more of a glass cannon.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Dick Trauma posted:

I think I stopped playing in 2014 so coming back now... :stare:

There's a lot going on!

What platform are you on? If you're on PS4 you can come hang out with me, Dick and titties together at last

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
https://vimeo.com/221857730
https://vimeo.com/221857717
https://vimeo.com/221857756

Good dlc. Kitted out Tampa is awesome!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I booted up the game last night (it made me do the prologue all over again) and started playing online. I was utterly lost. I kept getting this guy telling me to buy a bunker, but they are so expensive that there's no way I could do that. He was getting annoyed saying I was ignoring his calls.

I think I may be out of my depth. Do you guys have any tips on what I should be doing?

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

VideoGames posted:

I booted up the game last night (it made me do the prologue all over again) and started playing online. I was utterly lost. I kept getting this guy telling me to buy a bunker, but they are so expensive that there's no way I could do that. He was getting annoyed saying I was ignoring his calls.

I think I may be out of my depth. Do you guys have any tips on what I should be doing?

First, what platform are you on?

Second, could I interest you in some shark cards? :grin:

Edit for third, find a few people to run you through missions & other game content. If you're on PC you can add me on social club: Jeffrey.jpg

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dick Trauma posted:

I think I stopped playing in 2014 so coming back now... :stare:

There's a lot going on!

VideoGames posted:

1) Ignore your stupid loving phone, and tell R* to suck a dick every time you get a phone call

2) Safest / easiest way to make money is to go into a private session where nobody can gently caress with you, then become a CEO or VIP (Now only requires you to have $5k in cash, which is like everybody) and do the "headhunter" VIP mission. You kill 4 guys, you get $25k. You can do this every few minutes, with a cooldown between. You can do this solo or with only friends around, so nobody can gently caress with you.

3) More profitable but harder way to make money is to get 3 goons you trust and do heists together. You need to generally know what to do, but as long as people are working together and talking its pretty easy and makes you tons of money. Like over a million an hour. At least one person involved will need to own a high-rise apartment. Heists are done in instances so even if you're in a public session, nobody can gently caress with you. Its just you 4 vs the AIs.

4) If you don't have 3 goon buddies or can't commit to a full heist, car import/export is the next best way to make money and personally I like it more than heists. This will require you to BOTH own a CEO office AND a vehicle warehouse. Buy the cheapest ones. You do not need a Vehicle Garage at your office. Go to your office and get missions to "source vehicles". Go steal those vehicles and drop them off at your warehouse. Then go to your warehouse and sell some of the stolen vehicles. Drop them off without too much damage, make $50-80k in a few minutes easy. Can repeat this with a short cooldown between sales. Can get other people to sell cars with you at once though, so you can steal like 3 cars and then sell 3 at once. No cooldown on stealing, only on selling. People CAN and WILL gently caress with you when you do this, and if they blow you up, you get nothing. MUST be in a public lobby, although if its just you in a public lobby, that's fine.

5) Drug businesses are also profitable but have downtime and require investment. Must be a Biker Boss which requires purchasing a Biker Clubhouse. Then you have to buy one of the many drug businesses; coke is the most profitable. Once you own a location you can either steal supplies (go do a short mission to get them) or purchase supplies (costs you 75k but gets them done automatically) then you have to wait and let the drugs cook for awhile. Your employees turn the supplies into product over real-time. Do other stuff above while you wait. When product is ready, you can sell it for lots and lots of profit. This also requires you to be in a public lobby.

6) Keep your eye out for Rockstar doing 2x $ and 2x RP events, then just grind that event until it ends. Do this in a lobby with as many players as possible to increase the payouts.

DO NOT bother with the CEO Special Cargo thing, and DO NOT bother buying a normal CEO warehouse. Buy a VEHICLE WAREHOUSE and do the vehicle missions instead, they're faster, more fun, and more profitable.

The new DLC:
Once you have lots of money to spend, you can buy a Bunker for 1-2 million. This then allows you to steal gun running resources, which you can use to research new gun technologies and/or sell guns for profit. Selling guns for profit works just like the drug business. If you do research, you can buy a MOBILE FORTRESS for 1.2M that lets you drive an 18 wheeler with a mobile HQ base inside around the map, and you can store vehicles inside it and customize them.

Also there's a ton of new vehicles of destruction on warstock on your phone browser. Save up and buy them and kill people. If you do missions at the mobile fortress described above, you can get a discount. But this will require you to own a bunker and a mobile command center. At that point you can then upgrade several of the new vehicles of destruction with even better weapons and blow people up even better.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Jun 16, 2017

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

titties posted:

What platform are you on? If you're on PS4 you can come hang out with me, Dick and titties together at last

I'm on PC. Didn't know the different platforms are kept separate.

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Zaphod42 posted:

1) Ignore your stupid loving phone, and tell R* to suck a dick every time you get a phone call

GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING

6) Keep your eye out for Rockstar doing 2x $ and 2x RP events, then just grind that event until it ends. Do this in a lobby with as many players as possible to increase the payouts.

Or, if you're any good at driving, do some (Stunt) races. They're quite fun, which is always nice if you want to play a game rather than work. You probably won't win unless you have a fully modded car or are in a no-custom-vehicles lobby, but they're a great way to try out a load of cars for free!

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

I_Socom posted:

Or, if you're any good at driving, do some (Stunt) races. They're quite fun, which is always nice if you want to play a game rather than work. You probably won't win unless you have a fully modded car or are in a no-custom-vehicles lobby, but they're a great way to try out a load of cars for free!

Well you see, stunt races are fun.. something R* hates.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If i do a warehouse run with 15 crates do i have a chance to get one of those bullshit delivery missions where there's people in helicopters trying to blow me up? I remember the truck and boat were doable solo but the plane one is suicide solo. just can't remember if i can get one of the bad ones with a small warehouse.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

VideoGames posted:

If you can put together a dedicated group and are willing to spend about 7-8 hours you can do all of the heists in order with the same group. The one-time bonuses for doing everything in order, same group, hard difficulty should get you a payout of about $13 million plus the heist profits.

It's probably the largest single infusion of cash you can get that doesn't cost $500 actual rl dollars or get you banned.

It is also frustrating as hell and takes forever which is exactly how doing anything and everything else in this game is too.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

LOL last night I was grabbing a bar of supplies for my weed farm to see if having supplies while shut down satisfies LJT enough to quit calling, and the mission was from my weed farm waaaaaaay up north to the docks and a ship at the literal bottom of the map. 16 miles round trip :smithicide: for one lovely crate. Well played, R*

Also I told myself I wasn't going to just fast track everything, but drat if I didn't burn through like 10 research projects before hitting a livery or skin or something(the BOOM! whatever), so 2.25mill :rip: so far

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Most of my friends are not, ah, good at video games. It's safe to say I'm modest at best, I think. If heists are still the fastest way to make money, which heist would you guys say is easiest to learn and repeat while still paying more than sourced cars? I'm pretty sure after our disastrous first try, they will never do Pacific Standard again.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm only on my third project which will grant me a livery, I got the rear MOC turrets, then the AR red dot before it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

marshmallow creep posted:

Most of my friends are not, ah, good at video games. It's safe to say I'm modest at best, I think. If heists are still the fastest way to make money, which heist would you guys say is easiest to learn and repeat while still paying more than sourced cars? I'm pretty sure after our disastrous first try, they will never do Pacific Standard again.

Get a bunch of goons from the discord to show you how to run pacstan and share that with your friends.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've got my rocket bike, I don't need anything else from this update.

What are the upgrade options for the Oppressor? I need a bunker to upgrade it, but like hell I'm buying one just for that.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I believe the weapon can either have the weapon changed or augmented with missiles.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

If you can put together a dedicated group and are willing to spend about 7-8 hours you can do all of the heists in order with the same group. The one-time bonuses for doing everything in order, same group, hard difficulty should get you a payout of about $13 million plus the heist profits.

It's probably the largest single infusion of cash you can get that doesn't cost $500 actual rl dollars or get you banned.

It is also frustrating as hell and takes forever which is exactly how doing anything and everything else in this game is too.

Too bad this is a one time thing.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

One of the research projects adds homing missiles (good ones like the Ruiner has) to the Oppressor. It holds 20 of them and if you're a MC prez you can return it and call it back immediately to restock.

It's the funnest most bestest vehicle in the game.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Anime_Otaku posted:

I believe the weapon can either have the weapon changed or augmented with missiles.

Aye one of the research unlocks is a missile battery for the front of the bike

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I've got my rocket bike, I don't need anything else from this update.

What are the upgrade options for the Oppressor? I need a bunker to upgrade it, but like hell I'm buying one just for that.

Homing missiles, and a million dollars off the price.

You need both the bunker AND the MOC to research upgrades then to install them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Homing missiles, and a million dollars off the price.

You need both the bunker AND the MOC to research upgrades then to install them.

And you'll need the mod bay in the MOC which is another like $500k.

So min $1m for the bunker and $1.5m for the MOC, but you get $1m back on the price of it if you run 14 resupply missions and do the oppresor mission.

If i didn't get burried in hackerbux, i'd probably run the missions with someone else and then quit the game until the next update because all those prices are fuuuuuuuuuuuucked compared to the earn rate of legit cash.

Even more hosed when you consider the $20 a regular DLC would cost doesn't get you enough shark card money to buy the oppressor.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Its worth noting that so far resupply missions seem way more fun that the ones in previous expansions.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

BitBasher posted:

Its worth noting that so far resupply missions seem way more fun that the ones in previous expansions.

I had one where I drove a tank and one where I became a juggernaut and the best so far was "one of you get the goods while the other makes poo poo go boom in a Ruiner with infinite missiles."

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BitBasher posted:

"here, have this railgun with unlimited ammunition in a public session" was a pretty good resupply. Sure, if you die you lose the gun and the supplies (since gun = supplies) but hahaha can you sure ruin a lot of people's day on your way back to the bunker

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Yeah, between the op and a resupply I did, I am very tempted by the APC. I just wish it was like the Rhino and the driver could control the gun.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

If there's one thing the entirety of gunrunners seems to be, it's pressuring you to not play alone. Almost everything is either designed for or significantly easier with 2 people. Most of the resupply runs, the missions, the vehicles, etc.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The best thing to do with the APC:

get 2 of them
paint them white
wait until it's dark
climb up the least forgiving slopes of mount chilliad
pretend you're a spaceman.

e: just got into a sale mission with a dude, 3 vehicles, 5 drops each. all 3 vehicles had to make the first drop before it gave the second location, then all 3 had to make the second drop before it gave the 3rd location. completely impossible with less than 3 people

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jun 16, 2017

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Is there even anything to do with the mobile command center besides the vehicle missions that take place in an instance? I thought I was gonna be able to request special vehicle cargo and start sell missions right from it

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Honestly the best way to chill out and ease into the game is to do some Contact Missions. From the menu, I think it's Online -> Jobs -> Rockstar Created -> Missions, then pick almost anything from the list. There are a few that are tough to do alone, but most of them you can do with nothing more than a car you stole off the street and a Micro SMG. They don't pay exceptionally well, but they're generally fairly easy and you won't have a million different gameplay aspects yelling at you at once (Destroy this player's supply run! Buy a bunker! Steal this player's car for yourself! Buy an office!). If you don't feel like playing with goons but want to dick around in freemode, try joining someone else's organization or biker outfit.

Playing with goons is probably the most lucrative thing, though. If you're on PC hop into Discord and you could probably get a charity pac in no time. If you're on PS4 they're probably pretty active right now with the new update out, and RIP if you're on the Bone.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

I had one where I drove a tank and one where I became a juggernaut and the best so far was "one of you get the goods while the other makes poo poo go boom in a Ruiner with infinite missiles."

My favorite was one where I had to recover a tank parked right next to two cargobobs. I airlifted the tank, my friend jumped in and used the flying tank to shoot down the helicopters that repeatedly spawned to chase us. It was great!

That and the "create a distraction" Ruiner mission was great. Super tough unlimited missile Ruiner? While my buddy just drives cargo? Sure!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

Is there even anything to do with the mobile command center besides the vehicle missions that take place in an instance? I thought I was gonna be able to request special vehicle cargo and start sell missions right from it

It's a loving tank. we just ran into a situation with 3 rambo dudes hunting us. went to the bunker, did a couple rounds of the firing range and they were waiting outside in ballistic gear. left in the comand center. destroyed them, and carried on destroying them with it for around half an hour

it takes like 50 rockets to destroy and has 3 cannons on it.

also, dudes in ballistic gear can get on the back of the wastelander, so now the wastelander isn't useless.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
By the numbers it's straight up faster to just have the bunker churning out product and fast tracking 100% of the time. For one full stock LS sale you get enough cash to cover purchasing all the supplies as well as enough to fast track 3 projects.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Crazyeyes24 posted:

By the numbers it's straight up faster to just have the bunker churning out product and fast tracking 100% of the time. For one full stock LS sale you get enough cash to cover purchasing all the supplies as well as enough to fast track 3 projects.

It may be on here I saw it, or I could have got it elsewhere but I think it's been suggested that you could go the other way, have it churning out research exclusively and finance the supplies (once you unlocked all the missions) using the other businesses. Although a full bunker sells for 700k-1million50k if you let it get there.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

So when the MC update hit I bought the clubhouse in Paleto, because I thought it'd be nice to do stuff on that side of the map. Well yeah that turned out to be the worst decision ever because all the jobs send you back into the city so it just means you need to cross the entire length of the map twice for every job you do. Now I'm looking at bunkers and there's a nice cheap one down the street from my MC, but I'm assuming nothing has changed in regards to jobs? Will I just be doubling down on bad decisions and excessive travel times if I buy it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mondian posted:

So when the MC update hit I bought the clubhouse in Paleto, because I thought it'd be nice to do stuff on that side of the map. Well yeah that turned out to be the worst decision ever because all the jobs send you back into the city so it just means you need to cross the entire length of the map twice for every job you do. Now I'm looking at bunkers and there's a nice cheap one down the street from my MC, but I'm assuming nothing has changed in regards to jobs? Will I just be doubling down on bad decisions and excessive travel times if I buy it?

Yes. a pile of the resupply missions i've gotten have been at the docks. Almost all of them in the city somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Buy a bunker with good access into LS and don't buy Paleto.

• Locked thread