Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait, Nabaat BSB is top tier?

Wrathable enDark. If you want a dark team she is very much top tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

wizard on a water slide posted:

At this point there should really be a beginner banner that has SG, Platinum Sword, some magic boost relic, and a decent medica SSB for a decent character (something like Selphie or Arc's blink ones) as free choices.
There should just be a one-time 25 mythril choose-a-relic "draw". Pay 25 mythril, select a character, select a relic for that character.

Boom. Solves all the "I don't have wall/shout/OK BSB/whatever" issues.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It'd probably need to be at least 50 if it just flat out lets you pick but I could see that helping a lot of people.

On that note thanks to all the goons for that really smooth 220 turtle kill. Only poor Tyro died but it was beyond the point where he mattered.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pander posted:

There should just be a one-time 25 mythril choose-a-relic "draw". Pay 25 mythril, select a character, select a relic for that character.

Boom. Solves all the "I don't have wall/shout/OK BSB/whatever" issues.

i know that they're pretty hit or miss on what they actually offer for picks but isn't this entirely the intended function of the keeper's choice banners

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
A 200-250 Mythril "starter kit" with Tyro Wall, Shout, a Medica BSB and whatever other junk they want to throw in would be a godsend.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I wouldn't put Minfilia SSB much behind Shout tbh

KPC_Mammon posted:

Wrathable enDark. If you want a dark team she is very much top tier.
imperil

EDIT: with stackable mini imperil to boot

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Nihilarian posted:

imperil

EDIT: with stackable mini imperil to boot

Yeah, I was thinking Imperil but wrote En. Wrathable EnDark wouldn't be nearly as interesting.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Yeah it makes her and raines best buds especially if you have a dark boost armor and his claws of course which also boost dark.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Two 11-pulls got me two copies of Freya's coat, Garnet's Royal Gown, two copies of Vivi's Gravity Rod, and Zidane's LMR.

Four Steiner relics on the banner and I whiff all of them, hilarious. I'm sitting on 30 Mythril now, so I could make another pull before the banner ends... but I should pull on the fest Luckys first.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Yay, Eiko Record Spheres!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Cowcaster posted:

i know that they're pretty hit or miss on what they actually offer for picks but isn't this entirely the intended function of the keeper's choice banners

Whoah that av rules.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
3/22

Steiner SSB2, Garnet SSB1, Vivi BSB2!

Vivi's BSB and something for Steiner was what I really wanted for this banner, so I'm happy.

I now have all of Garnet's SSB+ relics. This would be great, if it wasn't for the fact I sort of want to pull on every IX event and the next one is Garnet themed.

Nihilarian posted:

Oh it's definitely a great SSB, but in terms of a beginner, I think getting a relic that's Hastega + Boost is a lot better then Last Stand + Boost.

The point of Wall/Shout to me is flexibility in choosing RWs which you can't do with Wall/Minfilia SSB, since you still need a Hastega. There are good Hastega RWs (like Rikku USB), but I like the choice.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
100 gem: Zidane's LMR.

I have nothing for Zidane, but man, a +29 ATK armour that's +50 ATK with synergy, and then has +wind damage as a bonus? Sweet.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

HPanda posted:

loving finally.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

HPanda posted:

I didn't realise why this upset people so much until I ended up getting all of her SBs in a row.

Also are either of these banners any good? Aside from eiko I really have nothing for ff9. This first banner looks...eh?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I didn't realise why this upset people so much until I ended up getting all of her SBs in a row.

Also are either of these banners any good? Aside from eiko I really have nothing for ff9. This first banner looks...eh?

Banner 1 is very good for elemental coverage (Steiner/Vivi cover Fire/Ice/Lightning and Zidane covers Wind), has two Faithgas, and a Hastega + RES buff. Banner 2 has every Beatrix SSB+ relic if you like her, and is also stuffed full of +elemental gear, with two +Holy swords, two +Holy armours, +Lightning staff, +Fire hat, and two +Water armours.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Banner 2 is also the last banner for a very long time to have that many element+ items. I'm considering a pull for the double chance at a holy+ armor Beatrix can actually equip (I just have Arc's Robe right now).

Also quick PSA, but the Alexandria Castle Dungeon Elite is 2 Stamina and is double as efficient XP grinding as the XP Daily.

It'll get tedious at 2 Stamina per stage and feel like an endless grind, and Orbfest is coming soon if you don't want to bother.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Nihilarian posted:

It's actually pretty hard to find reasonable hastegas. Minfillia SSB is great if you're already running something like Vessel of Fate but if you don't have a versatile hastega Minfillia SSB is infinitely worse than Shout.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kanos posted:

It's actually pretty hard to find reasonable hastegas. Minfillia SSB is great if you're already running something like Vessel of Fate but if you don't have a versatile hastega Minfillia SSB is infinitely worse than Shout.

Sigh, yeah. I really wanted Minfilia's SSB in JP where I have Vessel of Fate, but never got it. So of course I pulled her SSB from a lucky draw in global where I desperately tried to get VoF and didn't. So it never really gets used.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wait, Nabaat BSB is top tier?

It's the 'best' imperil dark, if you're into that sort of thing, but the margin by which it's better than other imperil dark BSBs isn't very large, so if you already have it or are planning to go big on another banner that has one, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Nabaat also has a wrathable reverse wall so yeah she is Extremely Good

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FYI, for those that still care about XP/Sundaily:

The difficulty 99 stage Alexandria Castle Dungeon in this event consists of three 2 stamina stages that each give about 31,500 XP.

A Sundaily stage costs 40 stamina and awards about 240k xp.

The same 40 stam in Alexandria castle awards ~630k xp.

If you have the time to mash auto, enjoy the 275% higher XP for the next week and a half.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

CaptainPsyko posted:

FYI, for those that still care about XP/Sundaily:

Yeah I read about it on Reddit. I know where all my Stamina is going for be next while.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
It also seems to drop orbs. The magic jar two dogs drops a greater it seems

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

It also seems to drop orbs. The magic jar two dogs drops a greater it seems

Yeah. They also award considerably more XP and have a small chance to drop a major.

No idea what the spawn rate is though, so didn't account for it in my math.

Also, don't burn yourself out on this, orbfest is coming in a week. But for zeroing out stamina or autoing while watching TV it owns.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I'm not bothering with the 99 diff/6 stamina dungeon because pretty much all the characters I want to have leveled are already at 80 or 99. I guess some of the new chars I haven't leveled, and there's always core characters if I really cared enough to use those MC2's to get duplicate RM's I'm never going to use... but Orbfest is like a week away, so I'll just wait for that instead.

Eiko Record Sphere. I still can't believe it's finally happened.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Is this the same event where Japan got the 5* Bard skill? If so, I wonder if that maybe triggered someone to finally say "Oh hey, we never did give her access to Bard 5*." After all, it'd be silly to bring in that skill when no one in the event realm could otherwise use it.

Or was that skill introduced in a collaboration, too?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Honestly they probably kept forgetting, all the pestering finally got through and they waited for the next ff9 event.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

HPanda posted:

Or was that skill introduced in a collaboration, too?

Yes. We got the skill much later than JP did.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's the 'best' imperil dark, if you're into that sort of thing, but the margin by which it's better than other imperil dark BSBs isn't very large, so if you already have it or are planning to go big on another banner that has one, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Well sweet. I pulled it last week and had no idea. This is cool to hear because I have a ton of dark stuff including both Gabranth swords and Golbez BSB and at least one other good dark character. I'll egg Nabaat up to 50 and start working on her.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Well sweet. I pulled it last week and had no idea. This is cool to hear because I have a ton of dark stuff including both Gabranth swords and Golbez BSB and at least one other good dark character. I'll egg Nabaat up to 50 and start working on her.

I think it's the wrath access that puts her above and beyond. If you got her SSB too, she'd be a considerable support character for any mage and especially dark magic team. Wrath, MBD, Reverse Wall AND imperil dark on one character is pretty sick. Of course, I went 1/11 on this banner and only got her SSB, so she's simply a pretty good character for me now that'd i'd bring for situational support.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

I think it's the wrath access that puts her above and beyond. If you got her SSB too, she'd be a considerable support character for any mage and especially dark magic team. Wrath, MBD, Reverse Wall AND imperil dark on one character is pretty sick. Of course, I went 1/11 on this banner and only got her SSB, so she's simply a pretty good character for me now that'd i'd bring for situational support.

I don't have her SSB but I checked my relic spreadsheet and I have a shitload of dark stuff:

Marach headband SSB
Gaffgarion armor SSB
Exdeath armor SSB which also boosts dark
Exdeath staff SSB that gives faithga
Golbez staff BSB with dark boost
Golbez cloak SSB with enDark
Seifer BSB
Seymour's BSB which also imperils dark
Jecht BSB with enDark
Vayne BSB with enDark and dark boost
Gabranth BSB with imperil dark and dark boost
Gabranth SSB sword with dark boost
Orlandeau's BSB entry and command 2

:stare:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Should I be saving up for any upcoming banners? I have enough mythril for another pull and want to chase TG Cid OSB just one last time :negative:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

1st AD posted:

Should I be saving up for any upcoming banners? I have enough mythril for another pull and want to chase TG Cid OSB just one last time :negative:

There's a fest coming in like a week, including at least three very good lucky draws. (One is BSB+ only).

Then, July 4th, Cloud's game breaking USB, and a week later, Rikku's amazing USB (ATK/Mag/Haste/Protectga/shellga)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I continue to be skeptical that we're going to get the exact same Lucky Draws that Japan got, if for no other reason than that aborted Manly Lucky Draw. It's entirely possible they're planning to replace the three they gave Japan.

That said: I do believe Extreme Fest will bring with it Lucky Draws. I just don't know if they'll be as good as the ones JP got.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Global has consistently gotten more and better Lucky Draws than Japan, and the Festival-based ones have been completely identical, so I'm not sure where the paranoia comes from.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Thanks for the tip on Edge SSB for Jumpstart, worked great. Probably the only time I see myself using Edge (I only have that SSB for him and nothing else, and he can't even lifesiphon his way up to stacking it in a normal fight)

That thing has ridiculous stats and I don't think I even want to try the normal version of the fight

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

Global has consistently gotten more and better Lucky Draws than Japan, and the Festival-based ones have been completely identical, so I'm not sure where the paranoia comes from.

Eh, paranoia is just that. I figure it's just pre-fest anxiety getting to me. Not wanting to get my hopes up because of potential disappointment, etc.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Thanks for the tip on Edge SSB for Jumpstart, worked great. Probably the only time I see myself using Edge (I only have that SSB for him and nothing else, and he can't even lifesiphon his way up to stacking it in a normal fight)

That thing has ridiculous stats and I don't think I even want to try the normal version of the fight

He can ninja hit weakness and get to Mag cap easily if you have a non-synergy Mag thrown or dagger and some good armor in most realms.

That SSB is really, really, really, good.

It's not an every fight tool like, say, wall or shout, but don't write it off, it's really useful in a lot of places. (And, of course, this isn't the only primarily physical jumpstart fight we're ever going to see. It's always great in those.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
During the X event you had people doing no wall no heal apoc+ Aeon runs only relying on Edge SSB and building gage with Quick Hit. It is surprisingly powerful, but I've only got his BSB and lame fire SSB :smith:

• Locked thread