Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://news.vice.com/story/extremism-experts-are-starting-to-worry-about-the-left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Redneck Revolt owns.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Levin, a former New York City cop who studies domestic extremism as the director of the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, was documenting a Klan rally in Anaheim, California, when a counterprotest suddenly took a violent swing — forcing Levin to physically place himself between a Klansman and a furious, anti-fascist mob that seemed ready to kill.

Why would you ... oh he's a cop.

E:

https://twitter.com/jvgraz/status/875546030757920768

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 09:50 on Jun 16, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

quote:

Online, hard leftists increasingly discuss politics in dire terms, and rationalize violence as a necessity— even the true inheritor of traditional progressive activism.

It's cool how libs convinced everyone that politics aren't dire, while people are poisoned to death by industrial runoff or sent to kill and die in unjust wars whose instigators are never prosecuted. People are starting to rationalize violence because they understand that there is systemic violence being perpetrated against them every goddamn day.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Frijolero posted:

:laffo:

Bigot, racist, homophobe, friend 💖

You called?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

>Online, hard leftists increasingly discuss politics in dire terms

Lmao, liberals should check their own November 9th facebook posts. Whole lot of dangerous suspects around!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Vox Nihili posted:

>Online, hard leftists increasingly discuss politics in dire terms

Lmao, liberals should check their own November 9th facebook posts. Whole lot of dangerous suspects around!
you are giving them way too much credit

nov 9th was full of liberals saying they were gonna kill themselves lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

trump getting elected and the democrats getting wiped out all across america is the greatest repudiation of 'centrism' there could possibly be

i mean it's a complete loser's mentality. why keep doing the same thing that has you losing?

the only explanation is stockholme syndrome or brokebrainedness

no, clearly the problem was that clinton was too far to the left. the only logical answer is to double down on the centrism!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BTW theres a unity commission survey available, folks ITT this take it to balance out the centrist technocrat shitheels: http://my.democrats.org/page/s/2017-unity-survey

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Concerned Citizen posted:

Leave Al alone.

i didnt make it but i get credit for it for some reason

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

more sympathy for the kkk than the people they hurt

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

vice is by and for prime guillotine subjects so it makes sense that theyd be more concerned about left wing extremism than right wing extremism even though left wing extremism has mostly involved minor property damage and injuries and right wing extremism has killed thousands over decades and continues to do so (but mostly minorities)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vox Nihili posted:

this guy is so wrong

governing is for kids, too! see, e.g., TRUMP

Republicans can't govern

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

no, clearly the problem was that clinton was too far to the left. the only logical answer is to double down on the centrism!

centrism cannot fail, it can only be failed

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The throw away line that says it's increasing in the center and the left is the most important part of that article. It's not a thing with the left, politics now is toxic and everyone can see it coming to blows.

Serf
May 5, 2011

got any sevens posted:

centrism cannot fail, it can only be failed

For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vox Nihili posted:

BTW theres a unity commission survey available, folks ITT this take it to balance out the centrist technocrat shitheels: http://my.democrats.org/page/s/2017-unity-survey

thanks. I've contributed my pro-open primaries and pro-superdelegates views.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

SKULL.GIF posted:

best part is he actually did want to put more sanctions on Russia for repeatedly interfering with our elections, he just didn't think it was worth destroying Obama's nuclear deal with Iran over that

Maybe someone can help me with this

If I'm not mistaken,

https://www.congress.gov/crec/2017/06/13/modified/CREC-2017-06-13-pt1-PgS3428.htm is the text of the bill that passed the senate vote.

Iran appears once,

"I am very proud of this bill. I
think it will do a lot of good in both directions--in the Iran
direction and particularly in the Russia direction."

Russia appears 169 times

Were there any iran sanctions actually?

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Serf posted:

For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.

"We're all on team Scalise"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Serf posted:

Turns out Philly suburbs has a ton of Democrats it's just they don't vote in locals

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
#OneTeamOneFight

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

NewForumSoftware posted:

Maybe someone can help me with this

If I'm not mistaken,

https://www.congress.gov/crec/2017/06/13/modified/CREC-2017-06-13-pt1-PgS3428.htm is the text of the bill that passed the senate vote.

Iran appears once,

"I am very proud of this bill. I
think it will do a lot of good in both directions--in the Iran
direction and particularly in the Russia direction."

Russia appears 169 times

Were there any iran sanctions actually?

this is the bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/722

the Iran sanctions are the main bill, the Russia sanctions are an amendment from Mike Crapo

Serf
May 5, 2011

Agnosticnixie posted:

"We're all on team Scalise"

i want team scalise to lose to team pestilence

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Joementum posted:

this is the bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/722

the Iran sanctions are the main bill, the Russia sanctions are an amendment from Mike Crapo

thank you, congress.gov is the most confusing poo poo ever

Serf
May 5, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

thank you, congress.gov is the most confusing poo poo ever

p sure that's by design

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Serf posted:

p sure that's by design

that was the conclusion me and my roommate came to last night when we were trying to find the text of the bill

how do journalists even write about this poo poo? wait for the insider congressional aide to send them a summary?

Serf
May 5, 2011

NewForumSoftware posted:

that was the conclusion me and my roommate came to last night when we were trying to find the text of the bill

how do journalists even write about this poo poo? wait for the insider congressional aide to send them a summary?

its also to ensure that despite the power of the internet, things should remain confusing and frustrating for regular rear end people to get to, thus stymieing their efforts to participate in government and be informed

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Serf posted:

p sure that's by design

Yeah it's great, bad dems can use the confusion to feed the line that Sanders is a traitor who loves Russia, the GOP can feed the line that they're being tough on Iran and "extremism" all for the low low price of a couple thousand dead iranian kids (who aren't going to get trophies and dem accolades about how they're on the same team).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Congress.gov works great if you know the bill or amendment number, or even the sponsor.
I found that one working back from the Crapo amendment. It's frustrating that bill numbers are never added to media stories about the bill.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/LordBalvin/status/875528181100556290

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

obama continues to fight to solve the issues facing america

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Agnosticnixie posted:

Yeah it's great, bad dems can use the confusion to feed the line that Sanders is a traitor who loves Russia

remember during the debates when they ran an oppo tape from the clinton campaign of an interview sanders gave on cuba back in the mid-80s

good times

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Caucuses are dumb, I think we can agree on that one.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Nastier Nate posted:

Caucuses are dumb, I think we can agree on that one.

Caucuses own.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Poorly run caucuses are dumb.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/853463154537398273

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The way you can tell this isn't a real Deray tweet is that it doesn't appear to be in favor of a major US brand doing something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

The way you can tell this isn't a real Deray tweet is that it doesn't appear to be in favor of a major US brand doing something

is frito-lay not a us brand!?!?!?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

is frito-lay not a us brand!?!?!?

suck zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted: