Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You guys think the Age of Sigmar orks would make good Weirdboyz?

I figure if I make the objects they're holding roughly hewn chunks of brass and add some 40K bits it would work well.

First one yes (have the same guy myself), second guy no (he looks more like he's signalling a dakkajet to land). I do like using WHFB Ork Shaman too.

I don't recall any Weirdboyz in straight jackets minis-wise (may be thinking of madboyz?), but I have always been partial to the ones with Minderz like this guy:

Have one of myself awaiting painting :)

Re the official Weirdboy, I think the taut chains are supposed to represent them being tugged around by excess psychokinetic energy but ends up being a bit messy in implementation. I may just trim them off if I ever get around to working on my one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

8th edition IA:AM and Xenos are now available from FW... release is June 23rd

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Got a game in last night. Killed Magnus with Termagants. Mostly. 15 out of the 18 wounds it took to take him down were delivered by Termagants. Mostly with lots of devourers blasting into him.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Master Twig posted:

Got a game in last night. Killed Magnus with Termagants. Mostly. 15 out of the 18 wounds it took to take him down were delivered by Termagants. Mostly with lots of devourers blasting into him.

Chutche nightmare meta confirmed. Everybody bail.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Did anyone get a physical White Dwarf yet? I see the digital version has hit, but I remember rumors that the June edition might have an included Primaris or rules insert or something. Haven't seen any confirmation of that so assuming it is BS.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

FiestaNinja posted:

...you're looking at the faction with proxy sculpts even more cheesecake than a busty commissar could ever hope to be?

Well, you aren't wrong.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It's important to wear proper foot and shin protection on Spikeworld. Don't know what their plan is if they lose their balance swinging those massive hedge trimmers though.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Did anyone get a physical White Dwarf yet? I see the digital version has hit, but I remember rumors that the June edition might have an included Primaris or rules insert or something. Haven't seen any confirmation of that so assuming it is BS.

I picked one up. No pack-in, but I wouldn't rule that out for next month. The image that started that was of a single bigly marine on sprue.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Pendent posted:

I hear it's a pretty easy for for Guard but I don't see a viable way to make it work for Space Marines at 2k

I did it with Blood Angels, it requires thread bare 5 man tactical and assault squads but the HQ elites and heavies might do a fair job at making up the lack of weapons. IDK how viable it would be, I would only run it for funsies.

Ockbald
Jan 1, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

First one yes (have the same guy myself), second guy no (he looks more like he's signalling a dakkajet to land). I do like using WHFB Ork Shaman too.

Which to be fair, is something I can picture a weird boy doing. Considering how Ork tech works, he might be an integral part for the dakkajet to even function.
The armor on the mini is pretty good and fits well if you are using a colorful paint job for your boyz, a friend converted that particular one as a weird boy by adding some unused "ork skulls" bits into their signal bands.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

I picked one up. No pack-in, but I wouldn't rule that out for next month. The image that started that was of a single bigly marine on sprue.

Does it have some pictures of new bigly chapters color schemes?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is WD worth getting now?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Ayn Marx posted:

Does it have some pictures of new bigly chapters color schemes?

It doesn't have any--they're in the Primaris booklet that comes in the new starter. I'll see about taking a few photos of those today, though

Black_Nexus posted:

It's kind of funny when you look at an army you painted over a decade ago and go, well that looks terrible compared to my new stuff lol.

Gonna be throwing them all into some simple green tomorrow

Thanks for posting this nonetheless. If you're OK with it, I did a little retouching to smooth out some spots.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zark the Damned posted:

I think of it as signalling the foot of Gork and/or Mork.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
The digital FW Index Xenos preview has readable Dimachaeron rules:

quote:

ELITE Power: 10

M: *
WS: *
BS: 3+
S: 6
T: 6
W: 14
A: *
LD: 10
SV: 3+

Degrading is:
8-14 M: 12" WS: 2+ A: 6
6-7 M: 9" WS: 3+ A: 5
1-5 M: 6" WS: 5+ A: 3

Weapons:
Talons and thorax Maw: Melee / Melee / S:7 AP: -2 D: 1 When targetting INFANTRY units, each wound 6+ with this weapon is resolved at Strength X2 and Damage D6.

Sickle Claws: Melee / Melee / S:10 AP: -2 D: D3 If a hit roll with this weapon is a 6+ AP is -4 and Damage is D6.

Instinctive Behaviour.
Digestion Spine: If a Dimachaeron kills one or more enemy INFANTRY models in the Fight phase with its grasping talons and thorax spine-max, it gains a 5+ invulnerable save for the remainder of the battle.
Leaper-killer: When this model moves, do not count any vertical distance it moves against the total it may travel.

Looks decent, 12" movement was definitely the missing piece from its original rules. Now it doesn't need a pod to stand a chance of charging anything.

Also there's a new Macro weapon type, presumably for Titan arms. Requires the TITANIC keyword to move & fire, can't fire overwatch and doubles damage against TITANIC or BUILDING units.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 16, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Speaking of Bigly chapters, which colour scheme do you guys think looks better?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I'd like to use this as a alternative Keeper of Secrets:

Would this be an alright alternate for a Herald of Slaanesh on a chaos steed?

It's a pretty :stare: model, but when the god it represents was literally hosed into existence, it seems legit to me. :shrug:

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

It doesn't have any--they're in the Primaris booklet that comes in the new starter. I'll see about taking a few photos of those today, though

Cool. I want to paint a bigly-only force and I'm not sure I want a first founding chapter for that, so I'm hoping one of the new chapters have a scheme I like

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Green one for me

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Master Twig posted:

Did maggie do anything useful? What was the rest of his list? I have a magnus and a box of demons but I haven't really looked into them in 8th yet.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm a sucker for purple.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Always purple.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

Naramyth posted:

Did maggie do anything useful? What was the rest of his list? I have a magnus and a box of demons but I haven't really looked into them in 8th yet.

I'm a sucker for purple.

Yeah. Magnus one shotted both a Trygon and the Swarmlord. And killed 6 genestealers with a single smite. Magnus very much made up his points.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

xtothez posted:

Looks decent, 12" movement was definitely the missing piece from its original rules. Now it doesn't need a pod to stand a chance of charging anything.

Also there's a new Macro weapon type, presumably for Titan arms. Requires the TITANIC keyword to move & fire, can't fire overwatch and doubles damage against TITANIC or BUILDING units.

What's the point of resolving Strength at S14 on a 6+ to wound?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Yeah. I was curious about that too. Basically useless and more evidence that FW rules writers don't understand how the game works.

The dimachaeron seems only okay. That degradation is brutally punishing. Goes from an expected 5 hits down to just 1. Cut down it's WS or it's attacks, but not both. Take 9 wounds off of it and it's basically useless.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The Saints are always the answer.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

BattleScribe is going to have to fix the way they set up their lists so I can put a psyker HQ into my Guard detachment.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The text is blurry so it's possible this was misread, but it could just as easily be an oversight. One of the official 8E playtesters has already confirmed that the Malanthrope rules require an errata, so it could be the same situation.

I was already reluctant to buy the FW Index when I saw it only covered 8 Tyranid datasheets, and now that I've seen two of them and they both have silly oversights I'll probably just save my cash for now.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 16, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Given their track record, I'm willing to be that someone at FW writing those rules had no idea that wouldn't have an Instant Death effect in 8th edition

See also: The aura ability of the Malanthrope, which says "models" instead of "units" and as such has no effect

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I can't find the image everyone's quoting, so hopefully it's a 6+ to hit.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

The Kingfish posted:

BattleScribe is going to have to fix the way they set up their lists so I can put a psyker HQ into my Guard detachment.

:siren:Holy poo poo Battlescribe finally updated:siren:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is WD worth getting now?

It's not bad. Better than it's been for the last few years, but still not up to the original WD of old. I've sent you a PM.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

Gotcha. Thanks!

Might grab a physical copy anyways. Mostly read them on my wife's iPad because I don't see an easy PC option (is there? I have a Surfce Pro). Getting ready for an easy 6 month deployment so won't have her iPad but still want to keep up on the mag.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I'd like to use this as a alternative Keeper of Secrets:

Would this be an alright alternate for a Herald of Slaanesh on a chaos steed?

It's a pretty :stare: model, but when the god it represents was literally hosed into existence, it seems legit to me. :shrug:

Yeah the Centaur models are seriously :cry:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Looking at the new rulebook and it looks like those Motarion model leaks were legit

new art:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Is anyone getting their starter set from Doc's Discount Games? I received a shipping notification earlier this week, but I don't know if that was for the starter or just the other stuff I ordered along with it. Doc hasn't answered my email yet, so I assume he's busy getting orders out.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

xtothez posted:

You got a link?

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

edit: wrong thread

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

The Kingfish posted:

Edit forces -> Add a force -> Select your existing force as the parent -> Select the Astra Telepathica

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Hencoe posted:

You got a link?

http://www.warhammerdigital.com/warhammer-40000/imperial-armour/imperial-armour-index-xenos.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DO IT TO IT posted:

The Saints are always the answer.

• Locked thread