Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

ABC talking about pingers in Perth posted:

"The last thing we want is our children going into licensed premises, in our key entertainment areas, and the first thing they are asked is if they would like a pill of ecstasy.

:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Lmao are adults allowed to know where these fine premises are?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Lmao are adults allowed to know where these fine premises are?

Geisha, blazing Swan, Indi bar, mint, any festival ever, the Scarborough blue light disco.

Drugs are usually easy to find.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Geisha, blazing Swan, Indi bar, mint, any festival ever, the Scarborough blue light disco.

Drugs are usually easy to find.

Furiously commits these to memory for research purposes.

How many of these places are small town ecstasy types though? You got dads raving with 14 year olds?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The joke was about the children going into a venue and getting googed out of their mind being bad.

The only Perth venue that interests me is the airport should I somehow be teleported there by a prank wizard.

E: actually does bakery still exist? That and the gay bar/pub in Mt Lawley were extremely pinger friendly venues.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Given the reactions of people on pingers and the reactions of people on alcohol, I know which one I would prefer was offered freely

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There was that kid in Florida that took three pingers and killed his parents with a hammer. That would be some loving experience...

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

It's possible to get angry on pills and apparently it is a very intense angry but you gotta work for it.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I want kids to take as many drugs as possible. What now.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Starshark posted:

You're doing it wrong. You want kids to give you as many drugs as possible so you can take them.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

The joke was about the children going into a venue and getting googed out of their mind being bad.

The only Perth venue that interests me is the airport should I somehow be teleported there by a prank wizard.

E: actually does bakery still exist? That and the gay bar/pub in Mt Lawley were extremely pinger friendly venues.

The Bakery is gone. However if you meant the Queen's in Highgate (which isn't a gay bar but is openly LGBTIQ friendly) then there are tonnes of places as good as that, if not better scattered around Perth now.

Ironically though, none of them were mentioned in the above post about MDMA.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

The Bakery is gone. However if you meant the Queen's in Highgate (which isn't a gay bar but is openly LGBTIQ friendly) then there are tonnes of places as good as that, if not better scattered around Perth now.

The Queen's is poo poo as I recall. I think the court might have been the one I would frequent (they did good raves in the carpark).

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Starshark posted:

What does Mia Freedman think, I don't have an opinion yet.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

JBP posted:

The Queen's is poo poo as I recall. I think the court might have been the one I would frequent (they did good raves in the carpark).

Okay the court is very much one of a kind but it doesn't have a carpark as far as I'm aware. Huge beer garden though.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Can confirm queens is horrible, but mainly for the service. The food was tasty.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah the Court. Do they still regularly get bomb threats?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

Have you been to Geisha?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Don Dongington posted:

Okay the court is very much one of a kind but it doesn't have a carpark as far as I'm aware. Huge beer garden though.

There was a big concrete carpark out the back, that may have been turned into a huge beer garden though.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

Can confirm queens is horrible, but mainly for the service. The food was tasty.

Just lol if you're thinking about pinging and eating. Not gonna happen buddy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I will give you all a hot tip, get on the pingers and book into a karaoke room. I suggest kbox in Melbourne for the most laissez faire approach to your strange behaviour.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Bogan King posted:

Just lol if you're thinking about pinging and eating. Not gonna happen buddy.

Naw look at this little guy.

It's easy to eat on pingers, you just gotta choose your food wisely. Chicken creamed rice was a mainstay because it goes down easy, is nice and smooth and fills you up without being too heavy.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Hope Sydney goons aren't getting trains west tonight. Fatality at Granville, looks like a guard gone down in front of a train.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/adharves/status/875591244981731330

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Monday's 4 Corners made me feel like watching a doc on JBP's Queensland. Anything on YouTube or elsewhere?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Monday's 4 Corners made me feel like watching a doc on JBP's Queensland. Anything on YouTube or elsewhere?

Not a doco but I can recommend Matthew Condon's Three Crooked Kings series of books on police corruption in Queensland from the 50s leading up to and including the Fitzgerald Inquiry. Not really focused on Joh until book 3 though

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The first national gun amnesty since the Port Arthur massacre will aim to keep some of Australia's 260,000 illegal guns out of terrorists' hands.

The three-month amnesty will allow people to hand in unregistered guns from July 1.

"This is an opportunity for people to present the guns to authorities, no questions asked and with no penalty," Justice Minister Michael Keenan said on Friday.

"If people don't take that opportunity, the penalties for owning an unregistered or illegal gun in Australia are very severe."

He said illegal guns were used in the Lindt cafe siege and the death of police accountant Curtis Cheng in Sydney, as well as being used in organised crime.

"We have seen, through terror attacks in Australia, that illegal guns have been used," Mr Keenan said.

"Now is the time to run another amnesty, with the aim of reducing this pool of illegal guns."

Mr Keenan gave the example of a family heirloom that might have been sitting in a garage, and people might be worried about the consequences of handing it in.

"What we want to do is reduce the number of guns like that in the community," he said.

"The fact [is] we've got a deteriorating national security environment," Mr Keenan told ABC radio.

"We've got an environment where there has been five terrorists attacks on our soil and, sadly, in the vast majority of those cases it has been an illegal firearm that's been used."

The government estimates there are 260,000 illegal guns in the community.

"The danger there is that there might be a circumstance where the wrong person - a criminal, a terrorist - might get their hands on those guns," he said.

The national amnesty will be the first since the Port Arthur massacre in 1996, which was accompanied by a gun buyback scheme.

Mr Keenan said more recent state-based gun amnesties had led to thousands of illegal guns being handed in.

Fellow cabinet minister Christopher Pyne said if illegal guns were not available, they could not have been used in the recent killing of Queensland police officer Brett Forte.

Labor is backing the amnesty.

"We would certainly encourage people to do the right thing and to hand them in," frontbencher Anthony Albanese told the Nine Network.

The Port Arthur shooting in April 1996 resulted in the deaths of 35 people at the popular tourist site in Tasmania.

Gunman Martin Bryant is serving 35 life sentences for the murders.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
And again.

The ABC has apologised for airing an interview in which Melbourne breakfast radio host Red Symons asks the ABC journalist Beverley Wang if she is yellow.

The network removed the interview from its website on Friday after an outcry over Symons’s comments.

Symons also asked Wang “what’s the deal with Asians” in the combative and awkward interview.

He said he was unhappy about her new podcast It’s Not A Race because he too had an idea for a podcast he wanted to call “What’s the deal with Asians?”.

“First question is, are they all the same?” Symons asked.

When he asked what part of China Wang was from, she told him she was a Taiwanese Canadian.

She remained calm and friendly throughout the 18-minute chat despite the increasingly bizarre nature of the questions. Symonds conceded he had not listened to her podcast and did not know what it was about.

Symons: “Do they speak Mandarin or Cantonese?

Wang: “Who’s ‘they’?”

Symons: “The people in Taiwan.”

Wang: “They speak Taiwanese and they speak Mandarin. And in Canada, where I’m from, they speak English and French.”

Symons: “I knew that. You’re probably from the west coast of Canada.”

Wang: “Why do you think that, Red?”

Symons: “Because it’s closer to Asia.”

Wang: “I’m just asking, don’t get defensive.”

Originally recorded and edited for his Melbourne breakfast show, the entire interview was released as a podcast this week, before being taken down by the network.

“ABC Radio has removed the latest episode of Radio National’s It’s Not A Race podcast and an earlier ABC Radio Melbourne segment,” a spokesman said.

“A review of the editorial processes around this content and its use is in progress. ABC Radio apologises for the content going to air.”

Symons, 68, is famous for his role as a judge on Hey Hey It’s Saturday and has carried his abrasive style over to his popular ABC radio breakfast program. He was also a guitarist in the 1970s band Skyhooks.

Symons asked Wang about her attitude to blackface and the Harry Connick Jr incident he was involved in on Hey Hey in 2009. He challenged her opposition to blackface and said he defended the show when it was attacked for hosting a blackface act and offending Connick.

“I remember thinking at the time that it had become uncomfortable because Harry Connick Jr felt most uncomfortable with someone wearing what is alleged to be blackface,” Symons said.

Wang corrected his use of the word “alleged”. . “The make-up is there,” she said. “It’s definitely black make-up.”

Other ABC personalities argued on social media about the implications of the interview. Radio host Jonathan Green accused TV presenter Julio Zemiro of “trashing” her colleagues after she took him to task for his response to what she called Symons’s “racist rubbish”.

In her first podcast, Wang says she is the “first of my kind to host an ABC podcast on race” which she is tackling because it is complicated and “part of all of us”.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Have you seen the moonlight state?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

She is in no way a progressive feminist

Except that no one has actually shown otherwise. So we're done.

Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks to those that got it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Hobo Erotica posted:

Except that no one has actually shown otherwise. So we're done.

Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks to those that got it.

She likened the actions of gay people to paedophiles on television.

She shames sluts.

She's a neoliberal wanker that refused to pay contributors and when forced, bitched about it.

She actively stops staff from organising to collectively bargain.

I think your issue here is that you can't loving read or conduct the most basic Google search.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh yeah not to mention the most recent thing she had to apologise for which was basically a whole lot of "Jesus Christ this girl is loving fat".

So yeah stomp your foot, say "we're done" and gently caress off.

JBP fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 16, 2017

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Have you seen the moonlight state?

No I haven't. Is it on YouTube or ABC online? I was hoping there was a JBP 'rise and fall' type documentary out there somewhere.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

JBP posted:

She shames sluts.

She's a neoliberal wanker that refused to pay contributors and when forced, bitched about it.

She actively stops staff from organising to collectively bargain.

I think your issue here is that you can't loving read or conduct the most basic Google search.

Come on man. No, no, not really, and your account is all we've got of the last one so even if it is true it doesn't explain the collective perception.

Obviously there's a collective perception of the first two / three,, and I thought it was worth discussing that, or the fat thing, but never mind.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

She literally did the things you are saying no to and there are loads of quotes of her defending not paying contributors, including a Mark Colvin response telling her she's a liar.

Keep enjoying those sweet modern mumcasts though.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I wonder if Caleb gets like this when people hang poo poo on Daisy.

Let it go, HE. Let it goooo...

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hobo Erotica are you Mia's horny son?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

No I haven't. Is it on YouTube or ABC online? I was hoping there was a JBP 'rise and fall' type documentary out there somewhere.

It's on the four corners 50 years site.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

JBP posted:

Just because this one hasn't come up before - she was saying we don't choose who we're attracted to. To say she was comparing the actions of gay people to peadoephiles seems like a willful misrepresentation.

Unless you're arguing we do choose who we're attracted to.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

She compared a put upon minority to paedophiles :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is Hobo Erotica Mia Freedman?

• Locked thread