Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Where's that video of putin ogling that streaker protestor lady's breasts because that was a funny one.

I prefer the selfie with the two gorgeous blondes, the look on his face is quintessential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

:confused: is he blaming the Comey firing on Rosenstein? Is he accusing Rosenstein of setting him up?

Yeah, he's trying to throw Rosenstein under the bus (again) despite the fact that he openly said that he was going to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Private polling paid for by the GOP in GA-06 reportedly came back with grim news, and the GOP now fully expects to lose and are starting to wonder what it'll mean for 2018. They aren't totally conceding, but they are now down to "well hey, maybe the polls are wrong, who knows"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/16/georgia-special-election-gop-worries-239619

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Good. Now make that loss a loving landslide. I want her to lose by 10 points.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Rigel posted:

Private polling paid for by the GOP in GA-06 reportedly came back with grim news, and the GOP now fully expects to lose and are starting to wonder what it'll mean for 2018. They aren't totally conceding, but they are now down to "well hey, maybe the polls are wrong, who knows"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/16/georgia-special-election-gop-worries-239619

Will they change their policy positions due to these losses? lol no, of course not. They'll chalk it up as just a phenomenon of Trump.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm interested to see if that 17% drop in the right track/wrong track numbers among republicans is for real and not just a one off...

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Uhm Trump is supposed to speak live today at 1:10pm ET holy gently caress

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did trump confuse who's investigating him or did he admit to another investigation?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

He's firing Mueller. Please, please, let him try to fire the special prosecutor. It's one of the few things that could make his situation even worse.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
lol all the papers seem to be running with these tweets as a confirmation of the WaPo story that he's under investigation for obstruction

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Did trump confuse who's investigating him or did he admit to another investigation?

He thinks that Rosenstein is investigating him because he won't fire Mueller.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

He's firing Mueller. Please, please, let him try to fire the special prosecutor. It's one of the few things that could make his situation even worse.

He's just signing some stuff about Cuba. He usually responds to a few random questions that are yelled at him though.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Blind Rasputin posted:

He will just ignore anything outside of the topic of the speech as he has done for the last few weeks.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Raylen posted:

Will they change their policy positions due to these losses? lol no, of course not. They'll chalk it up as just a phenomenon of Trump.

They'll double-down and add full-on slavery into their platform

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

FizFashizzle posted:

He's pissed at Rosenstein for appointing an independent counsel to investigate the Russia issue.

He is just a couple misfired synapses away from firing Rosenstein and then going down the line until he finds someone willing to fire Mueller.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Blind Rasputin posted:

I hope he fires Mueller, but otoh the Friday Afternoon Massacre just doesn't sound very cool

E: oh it's just the Cuba thing

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Blind Rasputin posted:

Gonna go with him expressing Thoughts And Prayers after the shooting as he blames Democrats and liberals for creating a toxic and violent environment, calling on them to cease their rhetoric and work together with the Republicans who just want a better nation (through failed trickle-down policies and by oppressing minorities and killing off the poor).

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

HappyHippo posted:

lol all the papers seem to be running with these tweets as a confirmation of the WaPo story that he's under investigation for obstruction

Trump has created a new type of PR response: the confirmation denial.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Phoix posted:

He's just signing some stuff about Cuba. He usually responds to a few random questions that are yelled at him though.

I'm really sad I missed my chance to easily visit Cuba. The first post I made in the first trump thread was worrying about the ways he'd restrict travel

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Fart City posted:

At this point if I were Sean Spicer, I'd be holed in the presidential bunker, eating all the rations I could physically stomach. Not out of necessity, mind you, but out of spite.

PRIEBUS: (knocking on vault door) "Sean! You've gotta come out! We need you to hold a press conference!"

SPICER: (through a mouthful of cold beans) "YOU CAN HOLD MY BALLS IN YOUR MOUTH, REINCE."

This is referred to by WH insiders as "Reincing the balls"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no policy reason for this disgusting and backward Cuba decision or any support for it among FP experts. It's simply "Obama did something? Well gently caress that black son of a bitch, I'm going to reverse it because: black"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I'm really sad I missed my chance to easily visit Cuba. The first post I made in the first trump thread was worrying about the ways he'd restrict travel

The next Dem president will probably end up reversing it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

Goes back to when sean spicer said this about Trump tweets

quote:

The president is president of the United States," Spicer said, "so they are considered official statements by the president of the United States."

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Rigel posted:

Can we stop falling for this from the GOP every time?

Before every special election so far, they've talked about it being neck-and-neck while everything public has them up by a substantial margin. That way, they can spin it as a success when they only win by 1/3 of what the previous officeholder did, while still motivating their base.

Now that they're actually losing, :siren:IT'LL BE A LANDSLIDE:siren:frankly Don, we're incredibly proud that once again, Real Americans came out to show the pollsters and fakenews wrong. They made it a tight race, and Democrats should be nervous about any polls showing them with strong support.

And if Handel manages to eek out a tiny victory, she'll have SHOCKED THE WORLD by.... not losing Gingrich and Price's old seat?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

mcmagic posted:

There is no policy reason for this disgusting and backward Cuba decision or any support for it among FP experts. It's simply "Obama did something? Well gently caress that black son of a bitch, I'm going to reverse it because: black"

I saw a news report that it could screw over some of his hotel rivals

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

Well he also doesn't have a hotel there

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You're sad? As soon as Obama announced he was loosening restrictions I bought the domain name Gotocuba.com hoping to sell it to Travelocity or someone shortly after! :D

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

mcmagic posted:

Cuba: Bad dictatorship.
Russia: Our friends, what's wrong with you, don't you want us to be friendly with Russia?

Difference between them? Far left-wing dictatorship vs far right-wing dictatorship.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Alex Jones just released tapes of phone calls he recorded between himself and Megyn Kelly.

Nothing too major, but Kelly was groveling to him to get him to agree to an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkpNO675Beg

quote:

“The reason you are interesting me to be is because I followed your custody case and I think you had a very good point about the way the media was covering it and for some reason treated you and your family and what was going on as fair game when they never would have done that to — if you will — a mainstream media figure,” she said, “And I saw a different side of you in that whole thing.”

quote:

“The comments I heard from you during the course of that trial and the plea to the media to be respectful to you and your kids just reminded me you’re just like anybody. You’re a dad. You go through the same things we go through.”

quote:

"You've been demonized and I think the world is better off when both sides of the story get told. Everyone just hears about the Sandy Hook thing or something like that. Most people don't get to hear you."

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Paracaidas posted:

Can we stop falling for this from the GOP every time?

Before every special election so far, they've talked about it being neck-and-neck while everything public has them up by a substantial margin. That way, they can spin it as a success when they only win by 1/3 of what the previous officeholder did, while still motivating their base.

Now that they're actually losing, :siren:IT'LL BE A LANDSLIDE:siren:frankly Don, we're incredibly proud that once again, Real Americans came out to show the pollsters and fakenews wrong. They made it a tight race, and Democrats should be nervous about any polls showing them with strong support.

And if Handel manages to eek out a tiny victory, she'll have SHOCKED THE WORLD by.... not losing Gingrich and Price's old seat?

Counterpoint: If they know they will lose, then it is correct to lower expectations so they can say "big deal, Handel was a terrible candidate, we knew we were losing, but it means nothing nationally"

The GOP is not playing 4D chess with fake polls.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

WOW. Don't trust motherfucking Alex Jones EVER.

A friend of mine pulled out the "the Left needs to tone down the rhetoric" bit tonight. It turns out he doesn't know anything about Alex Jones. Can somebody link me to some video clips that are both horrifying and completely normal for his show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ

Also, link him some Steve King quotes:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a9129973/steve-king-quotes-abortion-immigration/

Hannity interviewing Eric Trump when he says Democrats aren't people:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/07/politics/eric-trump-hannity-democrats-obstruction/index.html

O'Reily painting George Tiller (an abortion doctor) as a murderer until someone loving shot him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Tiller#Assassination_of_George_Tiller_in_May_2009

quote:

Tiller was discussed in 28 episodes of the Fox News talk show The O'Reilly Factor before his death in May 2009, focusing national attention on his practice. Although he later denied it, show host Bill O'Reilly sometimes described him as "Tiller the Baby Killer",[15][16] a nickname that Congressman Robert Dornan had used on the floor of the US House of Representatives.

quote:

Anti-abortion activist Randall Terry described Tiller as a mass murderer and said of other abortion providers, "We must continue to expose them in our communities and peacefully protest them at their offices and homes, and yes, even their churches",[40] and Southern Baptist minister and radio host Wiley Drake said, "I am glad that he is dead".

David Clarke calls BLM a terrorist organization:
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...clarke-called-/

Petition to formally label BLM as a terrorist organization:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-black-lives-matter-terrorist-organization

BLM being referred to as anti-semitic (For opposing the apartheid policies in Israel):
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/30/black-lives-matter-offshoot-embraces-anti-semitism-engages-with-terrorists.html

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 16, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
The split in GA-06 is R+8. If Ossoff wins by 2-3 points (which I expect him to win by at this point) that's a double-digit swing in the other direction. I'm happy to have Trump be a -10 anchor around the GOP's ankles come 2018.

There are a lot of supposedly "safe" Republican House seats that have a PVI of less than that, so if Ossoff wins, yes, it will absolutely make Republicans sweat, regardless of how they're spinning it on television.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

this is scary

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/875717421407113216

CHAOS REIGNS

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Or the GOP knows that it's a much bigger deal for dem supporters to get to the polls than for GOP supporters who have nothing to do in a given day other than watch fox news, so they try to make it seem like its not worth it for the dem supporters to go vote.

My personal theory is that the news coverage calling the presidential election in the bag for Hillary was the main thing that cost her the election by suppressing turnout.

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Oh my god if Kelly actually said that about Sandy Hook and this starts to get covered then NBC might actually get pressured to get rid of her. I don't think mainstream sources are going to take well to their public employees giving time of day to sandy hook false flag stuff.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Holy poo poo. Who gains oversight then? Who's Rosenstein's deputy?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Who's next on the chopping block?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tomorrow's headline: Entire Executive Branch recuses itself from the Russia Investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Alex Jones just released tapes of phone calls he recorded between himself and Megyn Kelly.

Nothing too major, but Kelly was groveling to him to get him to agree to an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkpNO675Beg

Haha good, gently caress her, and gently caress NBC for giving her a lucrative contact just cause Trump hates her too.

• Locked thread