Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Alex Jones just released tapes of phone calls he recorded between himself and Megyn Kelly.

Nothing too major, but Kelly was groveling to him to get him to agree to an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkpNO675Beg

NBC has to have an escape clause in the contract right? I know Lack would never exercise it since he wants to be Roger Ailes, but would the board override him in the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

If I'm Rachel Brand, I'm updating my resume. Again.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

There Bias Two posted:

I gotta give him some credit for changing his tone, even if it is too little, too late.

He, like all right wing cowards are just realizing that the left has violent crazies too, and their ignoring civil society for so long is going to provoke deseperate people into coming after them.

Unfortunately for them theyre too stupid to realize that this includes passing things like the AHCA.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 16, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Alter Ego posted:

Holy poo poo. Who gains oversight then? Who's Rosenstein's deputy?

Special ultra secret prosecutor Barack Obama.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hahaha what the gently caress.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

everything that is old is new again

https://twitter.com/TeddyDavisCNN/status/875717702702288896

"if the president does it, it is not illegal"

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Alter Ego posted:

My guess is the Associate Attorney General, Rachel Brand, who served in the Bush and Obama admins.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Alter Ego posted:

aware of dog posted:

My guess is the Associate Attorney General, Rachel Brand, who served in the Bush and Obama admins.

The third, fourth, and fifth paragraphs of the article in the quote posted:

Rosenstein, who authored an extensive and publicly-released memorandum recommending Comey's firing, raised the possibility of his recusal during a recent meeting with Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand, the Justice Department's new third-in-command, according to sources.

Although Rosenstein appointed a special counsel to lead the federal probe, he still makes the final decisions about resources, personnel and -- if necessary -- any prosecutions.

In the recent meeting with Brand, Rosenstein told her that if he were to recuse himself, she would have to step in and take over those responsibilities. She was sworn-in little more than a month ago.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

"You've been demonized and I think the world is better off when both sides of the story get told. Everyone just hears about the Sandy Hook thing or something like that. Most people don't get to hear you."

Holy poo poo. They have to get rid of her.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

Rachel Brand, according to the article.

quote:

In the recent meeting with Brand, Rosenstein told her that if he were to recuse himself, she would have to step in and take over those responsibilities. She was sworn-in little more than a month ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Brand

quote:

A graduate of the University of Minnesota Morris and Harvard Law School, Brand clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy and Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Justice Charles Fried.[2] Following her clerkships, Brand worked at the firm Cooper, Carvin, & Rosenthal, now known as Cooper & Kirk.[3]

Brand served as an Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Policy in the George W. Bush administration and was appointed by President Barack Obama to serve on the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board.[4] Brand served as Chief Counsel for Regulatory Litigation at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.[5]

Brand is the chairman of the Federalist Society's Litigation Practice Group and co-chair of the American Bar Association Administrative Law Section's Government Information and Right to Privacy Committee.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

He presided over an impeachment in which obstruction of justice was an article.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kelly is scum and it's frustrating people need to keep being reminded of this.

I will laugh my rear end off if what ultimately destroys her is trusting Alex Jones not to back stab her.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

poo poo, way things are going in a week I'll have oversight of the investigation.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Radish posted:

Kelly is scum and it's frustrating people need to keep being reminded of this.

I don't think anyone here needs a reminder that Kelly is a full kool-aid sipping member of the right.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Holy poo poo. They have to get rid of her.

It'll all come down to how much pressure is put on Andy Lack by the NBC board, he's all in on turning NBC News into a "sane" Fox News so he probably pushed her to get Jones.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I don't think anyone here needs a reminder that Kelly is a full kool-aid sipping member of the right.

Posters here don't but lots of people constantly forget she says horrible stuff because she every once in a while makes a non-terrible statement (since it benefits her in some way). She shouldn't have been immediately picked up after leaving Fox.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Fart City posted:

poo poo, way things are going in a week I'll have oversight of the investigation.

What did Fart City know and when did he fart it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/875714614943731714

Speak with my lawyers about my tweets

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

I'm certain Dick Nixon would agree.

Also... the articles of impeachment of Bill Clinton:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/impeachvote121198.htm

quote:

Article III
In his conduct while President of the United States, William Jefferson Clinton, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has prevented, obstructed, and impeded the administration of justice, and has to that end engaged personally, and through his subordinates and agents, in a course of conduct or scheme designed to delay, impede, cover up, and conceal the existence of evidence and testimony related to a Federal civil rights action brought against him in a duly instituted judicial proceeding.

Newt Gingrich is loving seaweed. Whichever way the waves pull him, he goes.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 16, 2017

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Sooooo is this because he just wrote the recommendation to fire Comey simply because Trump told him to? The whole "FBI is in shambles and no one trusts leadership" is a hard lie to keep when you have no one at the FBI agreeing with that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The real scum is NBC's leadership for hiring her and trying to help rehabilitate her.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

For those who are wondering if Trump starts going down the line and Brand won't cooperate, next is Dana Boente, and if he won't play ball then it moves on to the US attorneys, probably in order of seniority, I assume.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Rachel Brand, according to the article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Brand

She sounds eminently qualified. How the hell did she end up serving in the Trump administration?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

lol gingrich tried to impeach clinton over obstruction of justice. what a loving transparent demon

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

mdemone posted:

What did Fart City know and when did he fart it

After council with my lawyers, careful consideration, and prayer I have decided that I must recuse myself from this investigation.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Haha good, gently caress her, and gently caress NBC for giving her a lucrative contact just cause Trump hates her too.

mcmagic posted:

The real scum is NBC's leadership for hiring her and trying to help rehabilitate her.

I wonder if they'll throw Kelly under a bus and she gets fired faster than her stint at Fox.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Yeah exactly.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

titanium posted:

Sooooo is this because he just wrote the recommendation to fire Comey simply because Trump told him to? The whole "FBI is in shambles and no one trusts leadership" is a hard lie to keep when you have no one at the FBI agreeing with that.

The article says its because he may end up being a witness in the investigation, which would create a conflict considering he would be the one potentially prosecuting.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Alex Jones just released tapes of phone calls he recorded between himself and Megyn Kelly.

Nothing too major, but Kelly was groveling to him to get him to agree to an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkpNO675Beg

gently caress her, but gently caress him too: I hope she called from a two-party consent state and him taping the call was illegal. (Cue his supporters saying she was asking for it by calling him in the first place.)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

lol gingrich tried to impeach clinton over obstruction of justice. what a loving transparent demon

Yes Newts a Republican.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Pollyanna posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress.

I think it would probably have to do with the criminal investigation on obstruction +/- perjury with regards to the Comey firing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the term where you support certain feminist policies because they benefit you and only you? Cafeteria feminism? FYGM feminism? Whatever it is, that's what Megyn Kelly is.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

titanium posted:

Yes, and as always, Trump's tweeting made it worse:

quote:

Potentially complicating matters, Trump posted an exasperated message today on Twitter, dismissing the Russia-related probe as a "witch hunt" and lamenting that he's "being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director!"

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fart City posted:

Acting attorney general Fart City what are your thoughts regarding this special counsel probe?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

evilweasel posted:

Best response:

Adam Blicstein posted:

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jun 16, 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mdemone posted:

He presided over an impeachment in which obstruction of justice was an article.
The rules are whatever you can convince supporters they are.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Sloober posted:

Acting attorney general Fart City what are your thoughts regarding this special counsel probe?

NO COMMENT YOU GODDAMN VULTURES.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/495384828427374592

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

seiferguy posted:

What's the term where you support certain feminist policies because they benefit you and only you? Cafeteria feminism? FYGM feminism? Whatever it is, that's what Megyn Kelly is.

White feminism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

She sounds eminently qualified. How the hell did she end up serving in the Trump administration?

federalist society means she's got conservative bona fides so she probably got nominated while they were trying to fill the lower-level DOJ positions with qualified people to cover up that they installed a racist trump toady as the had before everyone realized what a trainwreck the admin would be and decided they'd rather spend their time homeless under a bridge as that would be less damaging to their career

• Locked thread