Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Was 31 when I was dating a 23 y/o

Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Cardio is hell and the only fun way to do it is to gently caress the brains out of other people

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/875712443053461506?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don't know much about war and such but something about this before and after picture of the al-baghdadi bombing is really odd to me.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/875699517789700096

Like, how do you tactically nearly perfectly pulverize four buildings into nothingness without even hurting the surrounding trees, let alone other buildings? I see a but of roof damage on one of the nearest buildings, but the light is so different its hard to tell. But is that type of thing actually possible?

Yeh, there are weapons like this, DIME that I remember reading about when Israel used them. That's pretty much what I'd expect the damage to look like from a set of precision guided ones.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Indescriminately bomb everything and eventually you might get Baghdadi. It's the Infinite Monkeys Theorem, but with Russians.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
The USA and Russia have been pounding the poo poo outta Raqqa lately, it wouldn't be impossible for them to have hit Baghdadi​, though not on purpose probably

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The USA and Russia have been pounding the poo poo outta Raqqa lately, it wouldn't be impossible for them to have hit Baghdadi​, though not on purpose probably
I'm sorry Vlad, I was aiming for that orphanage.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Blind Rasputin posted:

Once in your 30s dating girls in their young 20s keeps your metabolism higher its a fact.

:yikes:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Cardio is hell and the only fun way to do it is to gently caress the brains out of other people

Correctamundo. You can also get a good measure of lifting exercise if you really want to be a champion.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Am I confusing my warlords or did we not cause him to lose a kidney or half his liver or something a few years ago from nearly getting annihilated by a drone?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

FAUXTON posted:

Correctamundo. You can also get a good measure of lifting exercise if you really want to be a champion.

But carrying their dog up the stairs for them is so loving boring.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Vasudus posted:

Am I confusing my warlords or did we not cause him to lose a kidney or half his liver or something a few years ago from nearly getting annihilated by a drone?

Yeh, after a quick google, pretty much dead on 2 years ago. Though I also saw repeated stories over the last 2 years saying the same thing. We appear to have been constantly drone bombing the idiot and missing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
On the subject of women, meet Rachel Brand.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/875723324550205440

Why should you care? She's next.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/deputy-attorney-general-privately-acknowledges-recuse-russia-probe/story?id=48080253

quote:

The senior Justice Department official with ultimate authority over the special counsel's probe of Russia's alleged meddling in the 2016 election has privately acknowledged to colleagues that he may have to recuse himself from the matter, which he took charge of only after Attorney General Jeff Sessions' own recusal, sources tell ABC News.

Those private remarks from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein are significant because they reflect the widening nature of the federal probe, which now includes a preliminary inquiry into whether President Donald Trump attempted to obstruct justice when he allegedly tried to curtail the probe and then fired James Comey as FBI director.

In the recent meeting with Brand, Rosenstein told her that if he were to recuse himself, she would have to step in and take over those responsibilities. She was sworn-in little more than a month ago.

Rosenstein is keenly aware that he could become a potential witness in the investigation.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Here's a current event: I turn 30 today.

Welcome.

Thus far, I've found it's a more fun version of your 20's. Mostly because I don't have/want kids, and I have far more disposable income than I did in my early 20s.

In current events, Rosenstein says he may need to recuse himself from the Russia Investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/deputy-attorney-general-privately-acknowledges-recuse-russia-probe/story?id=48080253

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Waiting for the headline The U.S. Government recuses itself from the Russia investigation

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The there's a weird thing around when you turn 30 when you used to have a ton of time and barely any money. Past that point, you have a lot more money, but barely any of the time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Buying a house can take care of that excess money.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Stay classy British tabloids

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/875352582230863872

Maybe print the faces of the government officials who led to the disaster you dicks. And the landlord, and the developer.

Edit: I have a bunch of money saved up for a house but house prices have been going up so loving much the last few years it's almost impossible. Every time I look at houses listed for 300k are selling for 400k+. It's getting ridiculous where I am (and the surrounding area is even worse)

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 16, 2017

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If Rosenstein recuses himself, doesn't that mean he can't fire Mueller? I guess that is one way to tell Donnie 'no' without getting fired yourself.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The duty to fire Mueller will fall to Rachel Brand if Rosenstein refuses himself.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/495384828427374592

:agreed:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/875544362247229440

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ardlen posted:

If Rosenstein recuses himself, doesn't that mean he can't fire Mueller? I guess that is one way to tell Donnie 'no' without getting fired yourself.

cowboy elvis posted:

The duty to fire Mueller will fall to Rachel Brand if Rosenstein refuses himself.

Which is concerning. Rosenstein seems to be a career dude that despite some questionable calls, is trying to stick to the letter of the law even when it upset Donnie. Where as Brand has been in and out of DoJ depending on who's in office. Part of me worries she'd fire Mueller out of party loyalty (though I admit I have no basis for this opinion other than her being a Bush appointee at one point and only coming back after Donnie won the election).

Let's hope I'm wrong!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Edit: I have a bunch of money saved up for a house but house prices have been going up so loving much the last few years it's almost impossible. Every time I look at houses listed for 300k are selling for 400k+. It's getting ridiculous where I am (and the surrounding area is even worse)

Where abouts are you looking out of curiousity? My girlfriend and I have debated buying a place up in N.S. once we're married but I told her pretty much anything in B.C. or near Toronto was off limits.

Also, remember when the liberals said they were gonna do something about housing affordability? lol.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 16, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also, remember when the liberals said they were gonna do something about housing affordability? lol.

Pretty sure there are multiple reasons why that wasn't delivered....and people like Trump are part of why that never came to be.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Jesus Christ I had to do a serious double-take and check the account name, then got more confused until I checked the date. There really is a loving tweet for everything.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fire Mueller, Trump. Do it, you pussy.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Current event: My first chancellor kicked the bucket

RIP :(

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/875737094794227714

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie isn't racist, he picks woefully incompetent people of all races for positions they will fail at.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trump doesn't see race.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CommieGIR posted:

Pretty sure there are multiple reasons why that wasn't delivered....and people like Trump are part of why that never came to be.

Amazingly neither the GOP or GOP-lite want policies that would harm banks

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

Trump doesn't see race.
1. Trump
2. Toadies
3. Not Trump or Toadies (Enemies)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Where abouts are you looking out of curiousity? My girlfriend and I have debated buying a place up in N.S. once we're married but I told her pretty much anything in B.C. or near Toronto was off limits.

Stratford but I might go to Kitchener/Waterloo area but they are just as bad. Its a small artsy town so lots of people retire here so it might be better there.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Handsome Ralph posted:

Dont worry Bruh. Barry O bailed out the pieces of poo poo who intentionally inflated the housing market

Pay no attention to the fact that in California at least, prices are already at pre recession levels

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

1. Trump
2. Toadies
3. Not Trump or Toadies (Enemies)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbk7BPXBa4

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Larry Parrish posted:

Dont worry Bruh. Barry O bailed out the pieces of poo poo who intentionally inflated the housing market

Pay no attention to the fact that in California at least, prices are already at pre recession levels

I was referring to Canadian housing not America. I live in the DC Metro area right now and housing prices are insane here, but semi-reasonable once you're ~hour or so outside the city.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Larry Parrish posted:

Was just listening to this radio piece about Donnie's very-good-friend Tom Barrack, who made tons in the real estate bubble, called it a bubble in 2005, pulled out before the crash, then bought thousands of foreclosed properties across the country to rent out, then bundled those into good ol' mortgage-backed securities.

By the end of the story, he's completely pulled out of real estate again. This is fine. Everything's fine!

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I thought everyone had already figured out we are at another housing market crash for the exact same reasons we had the first.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Genocide Tendency posted:

I thought everyone had already figured out we are at another housing market crash for the exact same reasons we had the first.

The Big Short is a really good movie.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
My favorite stories are "angry at leaks, frustrations leak out" stories.

A close second is this: https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/875751904105639936

A lawyer having to hire a lawyer. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

I don't know about that, but we are seeing a major population condescension in major metro areas on the as the flyovers suffer massive brain and youth drain.

• Locked thread