Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

You are not kidding. I saw it performed on Top of the Pops when it came out. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Got a full Huey kill with the RPG as it landed in a rice paddy field. Feels so good man.

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
I got this game recently and it's a real hoot. I've never played a Red Orchestra game before but this wasn't too bad to get into. I was kind of unprepared about how easy it is to die in this game, but it makes for some interesting plays. I really can't use the battle rifle with a drat though. Game is good, can't wait for more support for it! Also, is there a particular server you all play in? I swear the latency issues are atrocious.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The moody guitar music the Americans get when the game starts is really grwat

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The music in general is pretty nice for sure.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The best music in the game consists of sizzling gargles from the bastards burning to death. :clint:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The best music in the game consists of sizzling gargles from the bastards burning to death. :clint:

The satisfaction you get from hearing enemies scream as they burn to death rivals Payday 2. The screams of the dudes crying for their mamas as they bleed to death from a gut shot make me feel uncomfortable.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, it's actually genuinely unnerving at times. Got into a spray'n'pray in a room with another guy and it was a little weird when it went from very loud automatic gunfire to mostly silent and still except for him gurgling and crying while his ragdoll writhed around on the floor.

Game is good.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, I got myself up close to a bunker in Charlie on An Lao. Letting loose with a flamethrower netted me two kills and I then proceeded to clear the rest of the complex with my squad of pubbies protecting my rear end. It was amazing.

Then our commander dropped napalm on our position and I got the achievement for seeing people die without dying myself - I must have been just out of the area and got to see a bunch of our own guys capping the point go up in flames.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I blew a GIs arm off at the elbow with the hunting shottie as a VC and he had a long winded and disconcerting scream.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
really tired of pubbies trying to votekick me because i'm doing good

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

automaticswim posted:

Don't worry I was running the counter PR campaigns by sniping the votekickers from 500m with sick chat lines.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

automaticswim posted:

I'm tired of pubbies voting to keep players with 0 kills and 0 points who are running around TKing people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I hate when I try to vote kick people that are AFK so that friends can join and apparently nobody ever bothers to hit tab and verify that the guy is indeed AFK so the vote fails repeatedly.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

99% of the votekicks I see are people VERY MAD at either Huey pilots for being bad or Commanders for being too passive.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Once I witnessed a guy calling vote kicks on everyone get vote kicked himself and it was like the stars aligned and karma rebalanced itself, the universe was at peace.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
how does this compare to the other RO titles? i've played them all and generally my complaint is that the game is good but the community is terrible. with ten pages in two weeks, are there enough people playing this game to be worth it or are we already at the stage where the only populated servers are clan servers that votekick people for no reason

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

The community is as garbage as ever. GI go home is kind of funny but people on us teams make names for their squads like GOOK HUNTERS and kill slants.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Also people going ching chong, "oh herro americaners." On voice nonstop.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

how does this compare to the other RO titles? i've played them all and generally my complaint is that the game is good but the community is terrible. with ten pages in two weeks, are there enough people playing this game to be worth it or are we already at the stage where the only populated servers are clan servers that votekick people for no reason

Community is still absolute dogshit (disable voice chat or at least turn it way the gently caress down); game has tons of people at the moment(but its slowly trending down to around 5,000 players a day).

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ugh, i'm super spoiled on overwatch allowing you to selectively mute idiots. wasn't there something similar to that in rising storm or am i foggy on that point

is there xp collecting and unlocks of weapon addons like the shotgun bayonet? is there a goon discord or just the mumble

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Mute everyone and just play shoot mans, this game is good if you liked previous RO games.

Also find a decent server and book mark it.

EDIT: ^^^^^^^ You can selectively mute people but it's sorta a pain with their interface.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i'm hesitant to blanket mute because sometimes voice chat turns out useful

i was playing rs once as ija and the commander was a japanese dude, like japanese characters in his name, didn't speak english, etc. the only english words he knew were "wait" and "go now" and he ended up being an excellent leader. he would just say "wait... wait.... wait... wait... wait... *sound of arty* go. go now. go now go now go go go go GO NOW GO GO. BANZAI!" and like three matches in a row he managed to coordinate excellent charges that swept the map. that guy ruled

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 16, 2017

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
So the SKS Bolt wont stay locked open on empty like it's supposed to. It will just magically slide closed, and magically slide open when you go to reload. Disabling automatic reload or using your last clip means empty gun without holding it's mouth open saying FEED ME BULLET. You go make GI go home and woops, you forgot Step 2.

A stupid quibble but I have an unhealthy attachment to my Yugo and have trouble counting to ten. I look at my pixel sks and gumble about how Ole' Yugo would have reminded me I forgot bullet.

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 16, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

boner confessor posted:

i was playing ro once as ija and the commander was a japanese dude, like japanese characters in his name, didn't speak english, etc. the only english words he knew were "wait" and "go now" and he ended up being an excellent leader. he would just say "wait... wait.... wait... wait... wait... *sound of arty* go. go now. go now go now go go go go GO NOW GO GO. BANZAI!" and like three matches in a row he managed to coordinate excellent charges that swept the map. that guy ruled

This guy sounds great.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

boner confessor posted:

i was playing ro once as ija and the commander was a japanese dude, like japanese characters in his name, didn't speak english, etc. the only english words he knew were "wait" and "go now" and he ended up being an excellent leader. he would just say "wait... wait.... wait... wait... wait... *sound of arty* go. go now. go now go now go go go go GO NOW GO GO. BANZAI!" and like three matches in a row he managed to coordinate excellent charges that swept the map. that guy ruled

so the moral is don't play with americans

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Stairmaster posted:

so the moral is don't play with americans

the rest of the team was anglos and you'd think they'd be shouting stupid ching chong bullshit at a for real japanese guy but suprisingly they all shut the gently caress up and worked as a team and it paid off. funny how that works. it was what sold me on rising storm for a while because i was getting tired of my team loving around but a well executed bayonet charge is rad as hell

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Kind of wish the game was more asymmetrical. Give VC a ton more tickets and crappier weapons, less ammo.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

boner confessor posted:

ugh, i'm super spoiled on overwatch allowing you to selectively mute idiots. wasn't there something similar to that in rising storm or am i foggy on that point

is there xp collecting and unlocks of weapon addons like the shotgun bayonet? is there a goon discord or just the mumble

You unlock cosmetics with XP, but only two or three of them can give you any kind of advantage.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I've played with Japanese dudes in games like Blackwake before and they were super enthusiastic and fun to play with. One of them just never stopped yelling while ramming the ship into the enemy ships.

In that gundam game we had a Japanese guy in our guild and the only english he would ever type was "I'm gay"

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Klisejo posted:

So the SKS Bolt wont stay locked open on empty like it's supposed to. It will just magically slide closed, and magically slide open when you go to reload. Disabling automatic reload or using your last clip means empty gun without holding it's mouth open saying FEED ME BULLET. You go make GI go home and woops, you forgot Step 2.

A stupid quibble but I have an unhealthy attachment to my Yugo and have trouble counting to ten. I look at my pixel sks and gumble about how Ole' Yugo would have reminded me I forgot bullet.

:hf: fellow real world SKS owner, my beautiful Russian redhead Svetlana would have told me to feed her bullet too. This is a quibble that needs a fix.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The stupid racist poo poo in voice chat I kind of just automatically filter out, what really grinds my gears is the douchebags that are super mad our team is losing and instead of being helpful they just scream about how we're dumb and you need to MOVE INTO THAT POINT RIGHT NOW WE"RE LOSING YOU GUYS

Basticle fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 16, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Commoners posted:

I've played with Japanese dudes in games like Blackwake before and they were super enthusiastic and fun to play with. One of them just never stopped yelling while ramming the ship into the enemy ships.

In that gundam game we had a Japanese guy in our guild and the only english he would ever type was "I'm gay"

Buy that man a SA account, he'll fit right in.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Basticle posted:

The stupid racist poo poo in voice chat I kind of just automatically filter out, what really grinds my gears is the douchebags that are super mad our team is losing and instead of being helpful they just scream about how we're dumb and you need to MOVE INTO THAT POINT RIGHT NOW WE"RE LOSING YOU GUYS

I had a pretty cool round with a commander who wasn't calling squads by either their name or numbers who was nevertheless getting progressively more and more frustrated and angry that everyone was ignoring him.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Basticle posted:

whatever you do definitely do not call these dudes Coach

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I name all my VC squads Communist Cuties because it's what we are

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Most of the time my commanders have been pretty decent. Though yesterday this actually happened:

Commander: Hey I see a bunch of you walking right towards the napalm strike! Get back!

Me and like 3 other dudes on voice chat: okay.......so where is the napalm coming?

Commander: look at your map (it wasnt on the map either but thats not the point)

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

For real. Learn to call out coords. The map is legit small like only six squares total lol.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

I really really hate it when a VC commander uses his instant deploy ability when he's sitting way back at point A, meanwhile the squad leaders have great tunnel placement right near the fighting. Just because you can push the button doesn't mean you should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just played a round as VC commander on An Lao. Radiomen wouldn't come to me for the first several minutes while I was near B. Whatever, I can't use anything for the first couple minutes anyway. I try calling out to ignore C but of course the whole team goes there anyway. I go back to the spawn and call a recon, still no marks from SLs, then call AA to bring down the Spooky. I get a radioman and hang out at the DShK for a minute getting ready to call arty in when some rear end in a top hat griefer from the previous round TKs me and my radioman. He then proceeds to keep TKing me and we lose the round a couple minutes later. gently caress An Lao, gently caress idiots that do nothing but rush C, and gently caress servers that don't let you kick griefers.

• Locked thread