Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ekeog posted:

It's going to be a great weekend

Trump does nothing on weekends except for golf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Is there anything actual written in the rules that says they have to have the current prez's pic? Is this just an unwritten tradition?

I believe on military bases it's codified somewhere that they must hang the prez's picture in certain areas. Not sure for private prisons

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Just lawyers all the way down!

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Barent posted:

So what actually happens if Mueller gets fired? Since it seems pretty likely at this rate.

Deep Throat 2.0: Golden Shower

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

business hammocks posted:

Why would Alex Jones threaten to release more audio and not just do it? Is he trying to blackmail NBC or something?

Maybe hoping as producer Kelly gives him a more favorable cut to keep anything more damaging from coming out.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

My Twitter Account posted:

I'm not seeing a Dick Trauma at DOJ but maybe it's under Richard?

This post made me smile, because it reminded me that a guy named Richard McFeely was up for consideration for the FBI Director position.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Hot take:

I would imagine that if only in image, all of this "hiring lawyers, and lawyers hiring lawyers" is going to disrupt the entire "Washington Outsider" narrative. Everyone lawyering up with $1000+/hour lawyers doesn't seem like it plays well as avoiding "The Swamp" of Washington, D.C.
I know the hardcore will just justify it as Donald Trump needing to defend himself in a town that is out to get him, but for everyone who was expecting Trump to spend time dealing with "real world" problems, the fact that this has turned into an administration that spends all its time defending itself is probably very negative.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Why would Alex Jones threaten to release more audio and not just do it? Is he trying to blackmail NBC or something?

Already shot his wad

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Why do pro wrestlers cut promos about the Showdown in the Ring this Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! instead of just fighting their opponent?

He is a professional troll, his business is eyes and ears, and he sees a fantastic opportunity to promote himself.

(and yes, he's batshit - but he's self-aware enough to know how to sell it)

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Is it just me, or is Alex Jones releasing those tapes something of a self-own? "Look at her, saying all these objectively horrible things that appeal to me."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

He is a crazy person.

I love that Megyn Kelly is getting totally burned for giving this guy a platform.

I didn't watch the interview, is Jones pissed because Kelly didn't portray him in a stellar light, or is he just loving with her because he's a crazy destructive idiot?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

He is a crazy person.

I love that Megyn Kelly is getting totally burned for giving this guy a platform.

How stupid could you be, to trust Alex Jones? To think that this would somehow bolster your career?

Trump is speaking in 15 minutes, right? Where da livestream at?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's getting attention and he's milking it. If there's one thing Alex Jones knows it's parsing out small portions of real information to spice up his lies and crazy. He's just using this to grab a spotlight to spread his "I'm the truth teller and the media is out to stop me" thing, and he's getting some stupid or hosed up people even thinking he's the "good guy" here*.

*There is no good guy. Kelly and Jones are both scumbags and NBC deserves everything they're getting for giving both a voice.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Barent posted:

So what actually happens if Mueller gets fired? Since it seems pretty likely at this rate.

One thing to remember, because it is not mentioned much, is there is still a Department of Defense investigation (a civilian, criminal one at least, and possibly a uniformed, counter-intelligence one). This is mostly about Flynn, but we don't know how far it is spread.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/27/michael-flynn-investigation-pentagon-inspector-general-237686

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Space Gopher posted:

Why do pro wrestlers cut promos about the Showdown in the Ring this Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! instead of just fighting their opponent?

He is a professional troll, his business is eyes and ears, and he sees a fantastic opportunity to promote himself.

They can beat their rear end but the they can't claim absolute victory if it's a sanctioned match by the commission and/or promotion.

Mostly.

Generally.

Pro wrestling is weird.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
So, I assume NBC isnt completely stupid regarding the Alex Jones case here. Isn't he liable to breaches of contract and other stuff? That could hit him hard enough to shut him up forever.

Win Win situation right here if so

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

DeathSandwich posted:

I didn't watch the interview, is Jones pissed because Kelly didn't portray him in a stellar light, or is he just loving with her because he's a crazy destructive idiot?
The original promos for Kelly's interview made it look too soft so they're retooling and editing it to be tougher on him. He's releasing the tapes to show that Kelly promised a soft interview. It's both a bad look for her (among NBC's audience) and a good look for him (among Infowars' audience)

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DeathSandwich posted:

He's a True Outsider and Truth Speaker who trying to shame a Fake Media outlet.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Megyn Kelly could have "rehabilitated" herself by picking almost anyone other than Alex Jones. What in the world was she thinking?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I wonder if the Predisent's lawyer's lawyer will tell the lawyers of Trump's staff not to hire lawyers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's an amazing part of that released Kelly/Jones conversation where Kelly says she was shocked by how much NBC fact checked and cared about "truth" compared to Fox News and that it was a "whole new world".

It's a shame we'll never get anything close to an unedited, raw version of these conversations because both sides probably said some incredible poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nachos posted:

Megyn Kelly could have "rehabilitated" herself by picking almost anyone other than Alex Jones. What in the world was she thinking?

She threw her lot in with the right wing and alt-right​. This should not come as a surprise.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

nachos posted:

Hot take: Maybe someone who played dumb for Fox all that time wasn't playing.

Also, it's not like working at Fox actually teaches you anything about journalism.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

nachos posted:

Megyn Kelly's occasional pro-feminist stands and speaking out against harassment did not negate the fact she is a bad person with bad beliefs.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

nachos posted:

That infowars has a huge audience.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

evilweasel posted:

newt is basically the original trump, he's probably the person most responsible for turning the republican party into what it is today

Come now, credit where credit is due. Lee Atwater was the father of the Southern Strategy.

Lee Atwater posted:

You start in 1954 by saying ‘friend of the family, friend of the family, friend of the family.’ By 1968 you can’t say ‘friend of the family.’ That hurts you. It backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states rights and all that stuff and you get so abstract. Now you talk about cutting taxes and these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that’s part of it. I’m not saying that. But I’m saying that if it is getting that abstract and that coded, we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. Obviously sitting around saying we want to cut taxes and we want this, is a lot more abstract than even the busing thing and a hell of a lot more abstract than friend of the family friend of the family. So anyway you look at it, race is coming on the back burner.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

glowing-fish posted:

One thing to remember, because it is not mentioned much, is there is still a Department of Defense investigation (a civilian, criminal one at least, and possibly a uniformed, counter-intelligence one). This is mostly about Flynn, but we don't know how far it is spread.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/27/michael-flynn-investigation-pentagon-inspector-general-237686

I don't know, but the UCMJ only applies to DoD personnel so that's how far it can extend

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

farraday posted:

I wonder if the Predisent's lawyer's lawyer will tell the lawyers of Trump's staff not to hire lawyers.

They should all hire each other for infinite billable hours at the taxpayers' expense

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Maybe. He's also a piece of poo poo misogynist and I am sure enjoys lording this over Kelly.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Right, but Newt's the one that codified the "obstruct everything and shut the government down" tactics that the GOP has been using to great effect the past 20 years.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Shareblue/status/875758630972338176
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/875762042887700482
https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/875760908575940608
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/875758091157069824
https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/875745377881739264
https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/875745706446733312
https://twitter.com/jamisonfoser/status/875747080290975744

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Space Gopher posted:

At InfoWars Dot Com you pay for the whole seat

but you'll only need the edge :black101:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

This is just not true. Aside from a few bad eggs, there were nothing but best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery from the injuries she sustained in the Bowling Green Massacre.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The hate group she met with is her dad's. So... you know. Duh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Captain Invictus posted:

working for loving ICE is pretty damning of a person's character regardless of who they are

I almost wound up being a customs official in Arizona. Would that have made me a bad person for inspecting cargo manifests and making sure import taxes are paid up? :ohdear:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pander posted:

then I'd hold out my hat for tips and donations cause I'm broke as gently caress Nick Cage.

Don't you mean "Make Left Behind"? :-P

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is my favorite consequence of Twitter's new icon change

https://twitter.com/krystalbepsi/status/875702394083917824

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

There's an adage in law that a lawyer who represents themselves has a fool for a client.

IMO anyone who has been in a non-public setting with Trump or his closest buds within the last year probably should at least have a chat with an attorney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Had lovely workplace conservative try to tell me the AG is Trumps personal lawyer, so he can cite attorney-client privilege.

He then told me to brush up on my Dershowitz.

:fuckoff:

• Locked thread