Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dabir posted:

It's literally what he was made for, wasn't it?

It's nice to see a horrific abomination of science created for a villainous purpose find a positive outlet for his pre-programmed dispositions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I like to believe that Agent 47 just really likes the stability and pay rate of being an assassin. Great benefits, travel the world, and all you have to do is clumsily sneak around various locations and kill (mostly) bad people.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Night10194 posted:

So, why does 47 do this job? It's clearly not for the money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecY-4yx8TrM

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Never understood the appeal of these modern day songs with lyrics like: 'arglbrglbrlargh'. Must resonate with the kids somehow.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Samovar posted:

Never understood the appeal of these modern day songs with lyrics like: 'arglbrglbrlargh'. Must resonate with the kids somehow.
I know, it's shocking what's going on with music these days.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Samovar posted:

You're just not cool man. This music never fails to make me ec-static.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Not the best cover of "Danger! High Voltage" I've heard, but it was pretty good.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Samovar posted:

I thought it was a pretty good rendition of Ride the Lightning tbh...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Eh. Lightning Bolt did it better.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

A gun & a katana in her bedroom...is Heidi some kind of ninja guitarist?

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
I'm a bit late, but I just caught up and wanted to point out a detail I noticed from the Marrakesh launch trailer. Agent 47 is wearing a repairman outfit and the back of the shirt says "A. Alhazred's Electronic Service". In the rare case anyone's unfamiliar, Abdul Alhazred is the "mad Arab" who wrote the Necronomicon, in Lovecraftian lore.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

15 - Intervention

This is a little late because I spent basically all of yesterday on a plane. Related, this LP will take a short hiatus for 3-4 weeks while I'm away because I spent most of my free time editing for my NieR LP instead and also because I hate the next map. Also I'm an idiot who forgot to upload the video thumbnail to my host so this text link will have to do. Unfortunately, because I'm going to be away, I'll have to miss the upcoming ET, but Jobbo should have that covered at least, so look forward to that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm kinda sad you couldn't booby-trap the cake with a lit explosive.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yvonmukluk posted:

A gun & a katana in her bedroom...is Heidi some kind of ninja guitarist?

Is that what "Otaku" means?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You should have done the suit only run in the Santa costume.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is that what "Otaku" means?
I dunno.

But I suspect Noodle from Gorillaz might sue for stealing her schtick.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Samovar posted:

I'm kinda sad you couldn't booby-trap the cake with a lit explosive.
That would have been amazing. Or hiding a canister of propane and propane accessories inside of it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

That would have been amazing. Or hiding a canister of propane and propane accessories inside of it.

There's a propane tank right there, and they do light the candles for him to blow out... The option is there.

(note: never tried it myself, but there are a surprising number of triggers for propane tanks that i didn't think they'd model)

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Does Jordon have a list of random responses to tasting the cake? If so, nice job getting the line about dates during the poisoning.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
"Oh wow"

Also that conversation kill feels like it's straight up from a movie and I love it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Zagglezig posted:

Does Jordon have a list of random responses to tasting the cake? If so, nice job getting the line about dates during the poisoning.

Dates basically taste like poison so it works :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Both the Outsourcing and the last kill just felt goddamn great.

For a guy who doesn't talk much, 47 makes a pretty good impression whenever he decides to speak.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So.... despite getting so pissy about Ken being there, and his whole spiel about his father keeping an eye on him yadda yadda yadda...

Jordan's very first action after accidentally doing the thing, is to call crying to Daddy to fix his mistakes again.

"It happened again."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

double nine posted:

There's a propane tank right there, and they do light the candles for him to blow out... The option is there.

(note: never tried it myself, but there are a surprising number of triggers for propane tanks that i didn't think they'd model)

poo poo, I didn't even think of that! I have something to try when I get back now!

Zagglezig posted:

I've only ever seen the two; subdued for poisoning and angry otherwise.

Weeble posted:

So.... despite getting so pissy about Ken being there, and his whole spiel about his father keeping an eye on him yadda yadda yadda...

Jordan's very first action after accidentally doing the thing, is to call crying to Daddy to fix his mistakes again.

"It happened again."

I suspect part of why he gets so pissy over his father's influence dominating his existence is because he knows it's true and just doesn't want to accept it until he's desperate.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Weeble posted:

"It happened again."

The whole point of his character seems to be that he's a privileged, troubled brat who has never actually faced any kind of consequences for the things he's done, which has only made his issues worse because they aren't treated, just enabled and accomodated. I mean, right after listening to a tape of his girlfriend being murdered he tells 47 'I made a stupid mistake! I shouldn't die for it!'. You know, the thing he did to someone else for much less.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Miz Kriss posted:

"Oh wow"

Also that conversation kill feels like it's straight up from a movie and I love it.
That conversation kill makes me want to hear 47 say "I used my imagination."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Good news: IO has officially gone indie and confirmed that they have kept the Hitman IP.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/875684213231689731

:toot:

I hope this means Season 2 can continue on track!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*Fistpumps wildly*

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I so, so, so wanted to have a mission infiltrating Cross's island stronghold.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI87Kq3nhf0

You can now play the ship and the air force base for free.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Complete first season 66% off as well, apparently? I didn't see any sort of announcement on this, I just happened across it when I was checking Steam to make sure I had the free part.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Finally got caught up on this, and dear Lord. I wouldn't have thought of three quarters of the poo poo you can get up to in this game - I think my first response to each map would be to get a sniper rifle and try to eliminate the targets that way.

Some of these are just mean. Funny, but mean.

Great LP, Chaos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

oldskool posted:

Complete first season 66% off as well, apparently? I didn't see any sort of announcement on this, I just happened across it when I was checking Steam to make sure I had the free part.

It's worth noting that on the PS Store, the 66% is only for Plus members. It's still on discount otherwise, but only about 25 or 30%.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So I kinda-sorta fricked the ET and won't be able to show off a successful mission :(

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

So I kinda-sorta fricked the ET and won't be able to show off a successful mission :( will be able to show off an unsuccessful mission :).

Is this what you mean?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*And he was never heard from again...*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Elusive Target: ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvXcZuu2bNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
That was a beautiful if brief body-spotting cascade.